Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:29 PM
Default Do I need to cap Sims 2 frame rate.
A few months ago when I got my new computer I learnt I had to cap Sims 3 fps with my graphics card otherwise I'd be getting highway speeds of a 100+ (300 + in CAS). I've kept on meaning to check for Sims 2. Up to now I haven't been able to see how to check frames rates in Sims 2 and don't know what it is doing. Nor have I found anything helpful with Google. So do I need vsync (I think that is the term) Sims 2 with my graphics card?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:47 PM
No, there's no need. Vsync is a different thing, which you also shouldn't need to do for TS2.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#3 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:10 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 23rd Mar 2016 at 4:22 AM.
Yeah, Vsync attempts to play both sound and video exactly at the same time as events occur (such as a door opens: (1) The visual of a Sim opening the door, and (2) the sound of a door opening. All at the exact same time). With Vsync off, the game will play sound and visuals at whatever rate it takes for the computer to process each. you're better off with Vsync off, since it consumes less resources from your computer.

If you are curious in finding out how many FPS The Sims 2 is currently using, you can do the following on your keyboard during the game:

Shift-Ctrl+S

You'll have a black info bar on the top-left of the game's screen, similar to what you'll find here:

Info on what these mean can be found here. The white letters are Photoshopped in the picture for references to what they are.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th May 2015 at 10:10 AM
Presumably the vsync setting the OP is looking at, if it's in their graphics driver settings, will be vertical sync not video sync.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#5 Old 14th May 2015 at 8:17 PM
Oh, whoops, you're right, never mind.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!