Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 5:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Resetting All Neighborhoods
I would like to reset ALL neighborhoods, but keep all my CC and downloaded sims and lots. How do I do that? I really don't want to have to go through my downloads folder and reinstall every lot and sim again.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 10:09 AM
Go into your game files in My Documents and delete the Neighbourhoods folder. Run the game.

C:\Users\your name\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods on Win 7

This will delete ALL neighbourhoods you have. If you want to keep any, you need to copy them elsewhere rather than delete but that folder has to be missing to cause the game to reset. If you want to put a neighbourhood back, NEVER let it overwrite an existing folder.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 7:24 PM
Thank you, Maxon! That's what I was needing.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Go into your game files in My Documents and delete the Neighbourhoods folder. Run the game.

C:\Users\your name\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods on Win 7

This will delete ALL neighbourhoods you have. If you want to keep any, you need to copy them elsewhere rather than delete but that folder has to be missing to cause the game to reset. If you want to put a neighbourhood back, NEVER let it overwrite an existing folder.

Wow, I never knew this! Thanks for the heads up.