Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 7:40 AM
Will Lots save Collectible spawners?
This seems like a stupid question, but I just need some clearence, I made a Park that doubles as a Park (Obviously) with stuff from outdoor living, and a Nanite farm, I saved it (as Relevart Sr. Nanite Forest) and I just want to know is if u save a lot with collectables (In this case Nanites) will the spawners stay there? I'll probably sound stupid, but i just need verification

P.S. Finding Nanites (Especially Ubers) in the winter is the most annoying and tedious thing in the Sims 3
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 3:45 PM
If those nantes comes from buydebog in the shape of square white boxes? In that case turning the lot when you replace it, or if a downloaded does before putting the lot down, they duplicate. Spawners are famous for duplicating when turning the lot. They save, but duplicate and such add to the weight of the lot on your system.
Alchemist
#3 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 5:21 PM
More on that, read this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/523406.page

Play safely, everyone!

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
If those nantes comes from buydebog in the shape of square white boxes? In that case turning the lot when you replace it, or if a downloaded does before putting the lot down, they duplicate. Spawners are famous for duplicating when turning the lot. They save, but duplicate and such add to the weight of the lot on your system.

Thanks for the info, just wanted to make sure I didn't just make a park with no purpose, and considering the parks main goal is to farm nanites, I (maybe) don't need to worry about duping spawners.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 7:23 PM
Duplicating spawners can become a problem though once you reach a certain number as they can have an effect on your overall game performance. Especially since Showtime because insect spawners now undergo a day/night cycle. And technically nanites are considered insects (beetles, to be precise). Too many spawners in a world can then mean that your game will suffer a short pause at 7 and 11pm when the insect spawning stops, especially at 11pm when butterfly spawners are replaced by fireflies, and then again in the morning when fireflies are deleted and replaced by regular butterflies again.
Also keep in mind that if you delete a lot that had spawners on them the spawners will remain on the empty lot. Sometimes these are not visible in buydebug unless you flatten the lot first to have them reappear above ground.