Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 4:11 AM
Default remove jealousy for Flirty characters?
I'm working on a Sim with the flirty trait, and I just discovered that they will get jealous if a romantic interest of theirs flirts with someone else. Now I find this to be pretty stupid for a flirty Sim, so I'm trying to find a way to disable it only for the flirty trait if it's even possible. I know jealousy can be completely disabled, but I don't want it off for everyone. I also know that one of the expansions added a lifetime reward for no jealousy, but I don't have that EP so that's out of the question. Sorry if this has been asked before, but all I could find in searches were questions about completely disabling jealousy. Also I wasn't sure if I should put this in the WCIF section or not since I'm not specifically asking for a mod, just any way possible to remove the jealousy for flirty characters.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 8:16 AM
The way I understand it jealousy works the other way round, unfortunately. Jealousy would have to be removed from the other Sims if your own should not react to romantic interactions with strangers by them. Removing jealousy from your own will only have the effect that they can flirt with anyone without causing a reaction from others.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 9:20 AM
Wow really? That's very weird, yet at the same time makes no sense. You would think that the Sims viewing the interactions would need the jealousy removed, I never knew it actually worked that way. Well chalk up another one for things in this game that make no sense. I guess I'll have to find a way around it all. You have to be at least a romantic interest for jealousy to even kick in right? If that's the case then it seems like kisses and confessing attraction are what triggers the romantic interest, they're the only actions I've seen that trigger it anyway. Which means if I use the option in Woohooer to remove romance on kiss I can almost completely avoid romantic interests, unless I manually trigger it. Which would also mean flirty Sims should have more freedom, or at least I think it would if I'm even right. I at least have something to experiment with now.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 1:40 PM
If you're already using Woohooer, you could simply tune jealousy out of the game completely. Not sure if you need the Kama Simtra module for that, so best to check on the NRaas site. You can also ask in their Chatterbox if the options aren't clear on which settings to alter.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 12:30 AM
That's the thing, I don't want to completely remove jealousy. I simply want a way around flirty Sims getting jealous. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking that option I mentioned in Woohooer would probably work. I also used this mod in the past and I might try it again, hopefully there's no conflict with Woohooer. If I can prevent flirty Sims from getting romantic interests then I'm thinking that would solve everything since I noticed jealousy only happens with Sims that are romantic interests. Simply limiting the triggering of romantic interests should be good enough, I think.