Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 1:38 AM
Default Can I install Sims2Pack Clean Installer without having the sims 2??
Can I install Sims2Pack Clean Installer without having the sims 2?? I have the sims 2 in my mac (the super collection) but when I try to install a sim that I downloaded from the internet, the package installer said that I don't have the expansion pack required to install the sim. I investigated and it's and error and the only way to install the sim is unpack it with the Sims2Pack Clean Installer... The problem is that is not available for mac... soooo... It's posible to download the Sims2Pack Clean Installer in a windows and don't have my sims 2 installed?? Just to extract the files...

Thank you!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 12:31 PM
Yes to my knowledge it should be possible. But you have to edit the S2PCI.ini file in the Sims2PackClean Installer installation directory and add your prefered folder to the line: SaveGamePath=""
Example: You have chosen to unpack your Sims2Pack-files to C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2
Then change the line: SaveGamePath=""
to:
SaveGamePath="C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
Yes to my knowledge it should be possible. But you have to edit the S2PCI.ini file in the Sims2PackClean Installer installation directory and add your prefered folder to the line: SaveGamePath=""
Example: You have chosen to unpack your Sims2Pack-files to C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2
Then change the line: SaveGamePath=""
to:
SaveGamePath="C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"

Thank you sooo much!!! :lovestruc So the idea It's that I have to change the destiny of the package files that I unpackaged with the S2PCI?? and that make it work?? (English it isn't my first language so I don't know I understood correctly).
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 6:03 PM
If you don't have The Sims 2 installed on your Windows Computer you have to tell Sims2Pack Clean Installer where to unpack your Sims2Pack-files otherwise Sims2Pack Clean Installer searches for its default location and terminates with an error if it don't find it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
If you don't have The Sims 2 installed on your Windows Computer you have to tell Sims2Pack Clean Installer where to unpack your Sims2Pack-files otherwise Sims2Pack Clean Installer searches for its default location and terminates with an error if it don't find it.

THAAAANK YOUUU!!!