Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 6:47 PM Last edited by linesa : 11th Sep 2016 at 8:07 PM.
Default Is it possible to create a pose to use with the pose player for the dragons of Dragon Valley ?
Hello everyone ^^

As the title suggest, I got the idea to try to make some poses with the dragons from Dragon Valley :D

So, I wonder, how can I do it ?
I extracted the dragon's package from the world it's included using Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter.
Using S3pe, I extracted the rig file in it.

I also extracted one clip file from the package to check what the code for the dragon is (like for an adult, the code is a_name of the pose, "a" indicating it's a pose for an adult)
But I didn't find what is the code for the dragon, the extracted file of the clip gave me that : S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_5D0EA7761B2CEA32%%+CLIP

As you can see, nothing indicate what is the code for the dragon ^^

How can I tie the rig and the package of the dragon Blender to better see what change when I modify a pose, since all I see is the rig itself ?

Unless it's not possible to make a pose for the dragon like we can for the sims and the pets ?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 2:46 PM
Dragons are considered 'objects' by the game. Sims, pets, simbots, etc. are considered 'creatures' which leaves them to be able to use the poseplayer the way we know.

The dragons do have CLIPs files, like any other animation. You can however, make new animations for the dragon, but that means you got to work with scripts, so they work with interactions. But it isn't possible to use a poseplayer on a dragon. It's a bit like trying to use a poseplayer on a sleepingbag.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 3:28 PM
Ah, all right, thanks for the tips @Greenplumbbob ^^

Too bad they're not like pets, it would have been cool I think ^^

So, I'll drop that pose idea then
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 4:23 PM
It was an awesome idea though! I would have done it myself if there was an easier way to do it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 9:05 PM
Thank you @Greenplumbbob ^^

I agree, it would have be cool if it was easier ^^