Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 3:13 PM
Question regarding updating of old lots
hey Hello there! I have a question regarding the several Sims 4 lots I added to the site over time.

I try to make my lots with as few packs as possible, and try to correctly list which packs the user needs for the lot to work. But for a long time, I have been hindered by what seemed like a bug: The game will not tell me what's in a lot when I place a lot from the gallery. I seem to recall that it did when I just started with the game, but this became broken at some point.
But now with the latest update and the city pack installed, this feature is once again working. When I import a lot from the gallery, it shows me exactly which packs are needed, and even which items from that particular pack are in the build. Handy! I'm no longer pack-blind!

So, I check my older lots, and oops! Some have one or two completely unnecessary decorative items in them that I missed and are from packs that are not listed in the description. I could quite easily fix this by removing the items and uploading the updated version, but there is something about this that worries me.

Namely, the October 2016 update totally broke my game. I used the MC command center- well, that didn't end well. I ended up having to start a completely new game.
I can see why people would want to avoid this update. And this update changes a fundamental thing about lots: the lots now have characteristics. From what I've heard many users of mods encountered serious problems because of this update.

So, I'm afraid that if I update and re-upload these lots they may cause problems to users who use an older version of MC Command Center or a not-updated version of the game.
This really bugs me. I hate that my descriptions aren't correct, but I worry that I may be causing more problems by updating these lots.

Any advice on what best to do?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 3:50 AM
Hi Velouriah
If you are looking for advice from a moderator you should post in Creator Issues. If you want a fellow builder's advice- here is mine. I build in TS3, but I understand the desire to have your lot descriptions accurate. I think you have three options:
-You can edit the lot descriptions to reflect the new info.
-You can upload a new lot file to replace the original, with a warning about patch level (don't delete the old file, just make sure to name the file with the same name so the lot file will be replaced).
-Add a new file, with new description and patch info, to the download, in addition to the one already available. So your download will have one lot made with the old patch level, and a second lot made with the new patch level.

I would probably choose the last option. Choice seems good. Good luck!