Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 12:24 AM
Default Groom service (to care for horses)
I would like to create a Groom service to care for my Sims' horses. I keep my horses on a separate lot so it would have to be tied to a particular lot (similar to douglasveiga's Gardener service). I have been trying to find the games files related to the babysitter service to see if I could reuse the coding for that but change the interactions and make the service recurring. However, I've never made any scripting mods before and I'm not really sure how to go about it. Has anyone got any ideas or tips for how I could begin?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by srh999
I would like to create a Groom service to care for my Sims' horses. I keep my horses on a separate lot so it would have to be tied to a particular lot (similar to douglasveiga's Gardener service). I have been trying to find the games files related to the babysitter service to see if I could reuse the coding for that but change the interactions and make the service recurring. However, I've never made any scripting mods before and I'm not really sure how to go about it. Has anyone got any ideas or tips for how I could begin?

This is a neat idea! I'd maybe download douglasviega's Gardener mod and look through that code and maybe change it.

I have a question, do you own the lot where you keep your horses? Or how does that work? I've often thought it would be neat to have a lot that was a place where people could board their horses - but I think it would be difficult to accomplish.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 8:44 PM
I have my horses on a Community lot. I have them locked in with nraas Go here (testing version) and I have disabled the autonomous Go home action for horses, because that stopped them from throwing stuck errors ( I am planning on uploading that Tuning Mod this weekend, I have to lookup what the file name is it overwrites). i have all the horses from the neighbourhood on that lot.