Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 8:26 PM
Default a Medieval and\or Asian world
Explanation:

1) Medieval
Dragon Valley is sort of medieval, but not realistic. How come in medieval age people live in such huge houses and mansions? The majority were very poor, I want shacks... And the rich should own palaces or castles.

2) Asian
Shang Simla is perfect, but sims can't live in Shang Simla. (Or rather they can, but they can't go to work, etc.)

P.S. Come to think of it, I'd probably like any other culturally-themed world, as well, not just Asian!
Advertisement
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 10:55 PM
Well, Dragon Valley is more of a modern fantasy world. Do you have the ren faire park? It's a must for pretty much any world.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 4:09 AM
Nope, and I can't find it in google. A link, please?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 7:16 AM
You might want to have a look here. While not quite up to date it lists many great worlds to try.

For medieval worlds Praaven by jje100 and others is my favourite though it has some routing issues. Also really awesome is Côtes d’Ambonnay.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:28 PM
Cink took down the WA Shang Simla as a liveable world file, but I'll send you the link.
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Nope, and I can't find it in google. A link, please?

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...&section=UpSell
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 2:24 AM
I wonder why some people think that my WCIF is funny...

Anyway, I wanted to ask how to install Praaven. The instructions she gives on the main page of the thread that was linked here don't correspond to the installation files. I already installed Praaven itself, but I have no idea what to do with attached CC.

She writes:
3. Place the CC package into the Packages folder, Userpresets in Main Folder (backup your own)

And that's all. But:

1) I see no Userpresets at all...

2) I see not one single CC package, instead there are a few folders with a lot of packages.
Instructor
#8 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 7:20 AM
Okay, first of all you need to create a mods folder- here's a video in BABY STEPS in case you're a struggler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FWEaFrbSo
Then, what you would do is look in the folders that came with the download and any that end in .package you would put inside the package folder that you will create once you've watched that video.
The routing issue with Praaven is between Mahlsberg and The Capital. I have fixed it in CAW and could probably upload it to Sims File Share if that's ok with the original creator?
Also - EVERY single Gothic Arch you see in Praaven needs deleting then undo-ing again in build mode or they route-stick any Sim that tries to walk through. But it's an easy enough job in Live Mode with TestingCheatsEnabled Shift<>Click house Enter Build/buy.

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 7:25 AM
@Babahara Not sure what you downloaded - but make sure to use the mediafire link ("new link") or the 4shared-link from the first post. In that .rar-file there is the world, a document with lore and a folder with cc. Package files go into your mods-folder, sims3packs can be installed via launcher.

That is all that needs to be downloaded and installed. The following posts are for those who helped building the world - you don't need the userpresets to play it.
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngieMFAK77
Okay, first of all you need to create a mods folder- here's a video in BABY STEPS in case you're a struggler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FWEaFrbSo
Then, what you would do is look in the folders that came with the download and any that end in .package you would put inside the package folder that you will create once you've watched that video.
The routing issue with Praaven is between Mahlsberg and The Capital. I have fixed it in CAW and could probably upload it to Sims File Share if that's ok with the original creator?
Also - EVERY single Gothic Arch you see in Praaven needs deleting then undo-ing again in build mode or they route-stick any Sim that tries to walk through. But it's an easy enough job in Live Mode with TestingCheatsEnabled Shift<>Click house Enter Build/buy.

I know it sounds like a LOT of hassle - but it really IS worth it if you want Medieval realism
Also - IT'S GORGEOUS!!!

Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 1:23 PM

I don't know the creator's policy, but I'd be grateful if you upload. I have no experience with CAW!
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
I don't know the creator's policy, but I'd be grateful if you upload. I have no experience with CAW!

I'll PM them

Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 8:13 PM
I'll PM them

If they don't want you to upload, then maybe they'll be ok if you upload somewhere and give a link only to me, via a PM? I promise not to announce the link anywhere.