Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 10:19 PM
Default How do I cap fps with gtx970?
I get above 2000 fps with sims 3 and I think that might not be good for my graphics card. Also, Sims 3 crashes a lot, maybe because of the high fps? How do I cap it? I tried everything on the internet, used the nvidia configuration screen and turned on vsync but it didnt help. The latest version of nvidia inspector doesnt have an option anymore to limit fps (or at least I cant find it) Can anyone help me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 12:22 AM
To see the option on Inspector just in case the Control Panel method doesn't work for you, click the toolbox icon near the driver version number usually around halfway down the main screen. It's got to be there someplace.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 3:17 AM Last edited by barbarat : 7th Jan 2017 at 3:37 AM.
I have the 970 and use the settings suggested by @nitromon illustrated On This Page Here At MTS.

Sorry it just occurred to me you mentioned you have the latest version of Inspector. I'm pretty sure mine is the latest at 1.9.7.8.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 8:53 AM
I got it working! I totally overlooked the option in the nvidia control panel. I set it to 60 fps now and tested it with fraps, hopefully it wont crash anymore...