Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 5:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, University Life
Default Phone Bug
Hello fellas! At first, I'm playing Sims 3 with only Ambitions, Late, University and Generations..so...no ITF!
So, I was playing in the university world and my sim got a phone call. When I tried to answer, he automatically rejected the call. No popup, notifications..nothing! Just an animation of an angry/disgusted sim!

Does anyone knows what I can do? I've done some research and found out a similar bug with ITF (but I don't have this expansion).
Also, anyone can tell me if NRaas mod story progession can lag the game?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:37 PM
Sounds like your Sim got a prank call. I believe that is a 'feature' that came with Generations. If not Gen, one of the other EPs.

I use NRaas Story Progression and it doesn't lag in my games at all (wouldn't play without it).
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:47 PM
For some SP can cause lag. In my game it doesn't lag at all. There's no harm testing it and see how it works.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kenboy
Also, anyone can tell me if NRaas mod story progession can lag the game?

@igazor has some tips in the Tips For Better Game Performance Document . Scroll down in the first column to
Quote:
For anyone concerned SP is causing lag
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 12:23 AM
@LeeAlee Though I'm not getting too much opportunities, I guess that you are right (I'm still receveing invites for parties, chat etc). Thank God for your help. I was unaware about this Generations stuff! Much obliged, mate!

@varpunen @barbarat Okay, I'll have a look. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 12:44 AM Last edited by LeeAlee : 10th Jan 2017 at 1:00 AM.
@Kenboy - You're most welcome. A few of my favorite screenshots are of my sims getting those prank calls. The ones where they stick a finger in one ear and blah-blah-blah at the prank caller. LOL!

ETA: nikel23 has a set of mods hosted here that fix and increase the chance of receiving opportunities by phone. The fix is for players who have 'Into the Future' installed and have a reduced number of opportunities offered (the fix fixes that issue). The other increases the chance of receiving an opportunity by phone. Here's the link in case you're interested:

http://sims3.modthesims.info/download.php?t=560635