Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:15 PM
Default Graphical error, maybe terrain bleed, in Sunset Valley in the street nearby the Town-Hall
Hello,

I have already a posting, but I don't know exactly where to do.

http://modthesims.info/download.php...=1&goto=newpost Here I give an explanation of my problem in Sunset Valley

Here are also two screenshots about the graphical error, with a question for ellacharmed.

I hope that anyone can help me, thanks for all.

Gamie
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:45 PM Last edited by simsample : 12th Jan 2017 at 7:08 AM.
Edit: Nope, read below- it seems to be a game glitch.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 11:32 PM
This issue was also mentioned in one of the threads over at NRaas Chatterbox:

Quote:
I haven't played sunset valley for years but while setting up lots I noticed this with the world terrain (not lot placements) and I don't like it. I've never seen that before. Is that what sunset valley does or is it my graphics card?

Chain_Reaction 2 days ago
That's common with SV if you place lots in the world editor. Ella's fixed version causes it too.

Hopefully someone will come up with a solution.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This could just be an artifact caused by your low graphics settings. Ellacharmed's routing fixes most likely won't help this.

What I would suggest to try is to first delete your game caches:
Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki

Then you could try switching your Sunset Valley to use dynamic caches. Go to [Install Location]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Caches and rename 'Sunset Valley.objectCache' to 'Sunset Valley.objectCache.bak'. When you run the game, you will experience some lag initially as the game has to generate the textures again. This should stop after you've played for a while. If the graphical error was caused by a caching error, it should be fixed. However, if it is still there then we will have to think of something else! :o

@simsample, thank you very much for your reaction.

I try it with a new savegame. And with a new The Sims 3 folder. I play more than one hour (question: Is that enough?) , but the graphical error is always there.'
It's a shame, what can I do next?

question: Must I rename 'Sunset Valley.objectCache.bak' back to 'Sunset Valley.objectCache?

kind regards, Gamie.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Turn up your graphics detail. If you are using a 1060 on an i7, you should be able to play on full graphics.

@nitromon, also thanks for your reaction.

I did try the advices from @simsample first on my lenovo laptop.

And I installed earlier today The Sims 3 on my ASUS laptop (1060 on the i7)
and prefer it first to try on my Lenovo-laptop, but 2 months ago I tried it (your advice), to turn up my graphics details high. It did not help.

greetings, Gamie
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
This issue was also mentioned in one of the threads over at NRaas Chatterbox:

Hopefully someone will come up with a solution.

@barbarat, thanks for your reaction.
Yes I hope also on a solution, I find it very ugly te see and I do not dare to play with The Sims 3 , because
I'm afraid that the crack grows or somewhere else(in other worlds) arises. I miss to play with Sims 3.
I love it and prefer Sims 3 above Sims 4.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 1:02 PM
If it didn't work on both laptop, perhaps your savefile was corrupted. Sorry if this is repetitious, but did you try a new game? You can always upload the nhd file to a filesharing site like mediafire and give us the link, then we can take a look for you.

Hello nitromon,

Yes I try 2 months ago also a new savegame several times, but all my savegames included the new ones have the graphical error. Also by making a new Sims 3 folder and I reinstall sims 3 already twice on my lenovo laptop 2 months ago. Here the same issue with a new savegame. I(my husband) have also a game computer,1 years old, I install sims 3, but the same issue in Sunset Valley. And yesterday I install for the first time Sims 3 on my new ASUS game laptop and begin a new save game, no old save, and the graphical error is there also.
I wish, it was a corrupted savefile. The graphical error are in all my saves from Sunset Valley in both the old (from 2 years ago until now) and the new ones.

[QUOTE=You can always upload the nhd file to a filesharing site like mediafire and give us the link, then we can take a look for you]

Sorry, I did not know how to do it. What is or where can I found the nhd file... And I do not know the working of mediafire.

I will thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Gamie
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 4:00 PM
I just started a fresh game in Sunset Valley to see whether I have this, too, and indeed I can see the same thing at the front left corner of the City Hall lot facing the park.
Which makes it probable that it is neither your save nor your computer. (Mine is a desktop PC with an i7 3770 @3.4GHz and a Geforce GTX 570 and 8GB RAM). But rather the world itself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I just started a fresh game in Sunset Valley to see whether I have this, too, and indeed I can see the same thing at the front left corner of the City Hall lot facing the park.
Which makes it probable that it is neither your save nor your computer. (Mine is a desktop PC with an i7 3770 @3.4GHz and a Geforce GTX 570 and 8GB RAM). But rather the world itself.

Thanks for your reaction Don Babilon,

I am glad that you can see it, too, I begin to think I am crazy. But also nevertheless not fun for you.
May I ask if you still play in Sunset Valley or any other world of Sims 3 without problems?
Mine laptop is a Asus, Intel Core i7 6700HQ 3.5 GHz and GeForce GTX 1060 and 16 GB ram memory,

Does anyone know where this can be reported? (to the developers)

I've already done two months ago at EA help, but I never got a response. I assume that eventually the developers have to do something with it, try to fix it.
Unless anyone can fix it, for example, in a mod. I would be very happy if it can, but I do not know much about this, so I do not know if such a thing can.

Of course I am open to try other options, as far as I can understand it.
I would appreciate it greatly.
Sorry for my bad English. I'm not good at foreign languages.

Don Babilon, thank you for your post.

greetings Gamie
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamie
Hello nitromon,

Yes I try 2 months ago also a new savegame several times, but all my savegames included the new ones have the graphical error. Also by making a new Sims 3 folder and I reinstall sims 3 already twice on my lenovo laptop 2 months ago. Here the same issue with a new savegame. I(my husband) have also a game computer,1 years old, I install sims 3, but the same issue in Sunset Valley. And yesterday I install for the first time Sims 3 on my new ASUS game laptop and begin a new save game, no old save, and the graphical error is there also.
I wish, it was a corrupted savefile. The graphical error are in all my saves from Sunset Valley in both the old (from 2 years ago until now) and the new ones.

[QUOTE=You can always upload the nhd file to a filesharing site like mediafire and give us the link, then we can take a look for you]

Sorry, I did not know how to do it. What is or where can I found the nhd file... And I do not know the working of mediafire.

I will thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Gamie

Hello nitromon,

I report that I found the nhd file in the save folder of SunsetValley, if I am right, but the working of mediafire, I do not know.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 8:00 PM

Oh my goodness, all the hours that I played Sunset Valley in the past and I never noticed that before! But it's in my game too:

I think the terrain would need to be smoothed to sort that out, in CAW. Could be applied then in a fix like Ella's.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#14 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 9:58 PM
Oh my goodness, all the hours that I played Sunset Valley in the past and I never noticed that before! But it's in my game too:

I think the terrain would need to be smoothed to sort that out, in CAW. Could be applied then in a fix like Ella's.
My suspicion is that this wasn't always there. Later patches seem to have changed a lot in older worlds. I just have to think of this weird piece of road that suddenly appeared in Champs Le Sims all of a sudden, or, as I noted elsewhere in a different thread here, strange terrain changes on lots in Riverview.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 10:09 PM

Hi simsample,

I had to laugh when I read your post. I thought, you too.
I mentioned it in the beginning of november last year. I was playing in Sunset Valley on the lot 40x40, where I build a house, in the same street of the police-station just behind the Town Hall. The mother and the father of my household regular walking with their toddler to the festival park, but also to the library. I follow them always and on one day I saw that crack in the street. For this, the street was ok.

I hope that it can be fixed and that someone will/ can do, because CAW does not work for me, unfortunately.

Thank you for your post.

Gamie.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 7:13 AM
My suspicion is that this wasn't always there. Later patches seem to have changed a lot in older worlds.

Now that would explain why I didn't notice this before. I played that world for around 20 generations!

Quote: Originally posted by Gamie
Hi simsample,

I had to laugh when I read your post. I thought, you too.

It would be hard to actually create something like that in CAW if you wanted to; this definitely loks like a glitch in the Matrix!

Frankly, I don't see the point of this whole post now I know what it is. Originally I thought you were having these kinds of lines all over the map. But this is just one little line and you can only see it at a very specific low angle. I have played Sunset Valley for 8 years I have never even noticed. Honestly? There are a lot more other glitches you can find in Sunset and other worlds. No point in getting all worked up over this.

Yes, but once you notice it, you CANNOT UNSEE, and it's a very annoying thing!

After all, this is a game for which people make mods to correct UI spelling mistakes and toenails...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 3:04 PM
Now that would explain why I didn't notice this before. I played that world for around 20 generations!

It would be hard to actually create something like that in CAW if you wanted to; this definitely loks like a glitch in the Matrix!

Yes, but once you notice it, you CANNOT UNSEE, and it's a very annoying thing!

After all, this is a game for which people make mods to correct UI spelling mistakes and toenails...

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can do(to fix), because I play often and with much pleasure in Sunset Valley and like to play on the lot of 40x40. From that lot I can see the crack and I find it very annoying. It gives me an uneasy feeling when I play, and expected the game/Sunset Valley becomes unplayable and of course what may be the cause of it! ? I really want to know.
Not to mention the high costs of the Sims 3, you may surely expect that the game works correctly or that EA it fixed.

I have a question about this, can anyone give me advice about download Worlds without cc/proper, or like as Sunset Valley, to play with?
Thanks.

Gamie