Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 6:39 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th Jan 2017 at 6:50 PM.
Default Size Petition
Instead of creating a bunch of (unnecessary) more new age groups, how about let there shall be a size option in cas? Now I'm not saying that the size should be highly customizable with sliders/pull&drag, but rather a preset of 2 or 3 buttons

(Also, I'm not saying it should be stricly like that, but if the devs don't mind putting their effort, work and resources into creating one then they can go all volunttary-robotic and poop)

There should be three buttons:
  • one for 'short'
  • other for 'medium' (i.e average)
  • last for 'tall'

As their name implies, by clicking one of them would change into the following, respectively changing their size into a lifestage that is: before it, after it, or the one the sim is set to be.

HOW EACH LIFESTAGE WILL LOOK LIKE:
Toddler:
  • Shorter: the size of the one's from TS2/TS3.
  • Taller: taller than the current in-game provided Toddler, but still remain than a Child.
Child:
  • Shorter: SLIGHTLY shorter.
  • Taller: SLIGHTLY taller.
Teen:
  • Shorter: the size of the one's from TS2/TS3.
  • Taller: taller than the current in-game provided Adults. (this doesn't change their behaviour/capabilities to of an adult).
Adult&Elder:
  • Shorter: *Debatable if should even exist (thinking of giving it as the teen-shorter).
  • Taller: taller than the current in-game provided Adults.

This customizable option could be like the gender patch-- you would be able to enable or disable it by simply with a click of a button. If your game has a household with 'Size Alteration' difference applied, then the towny will be spawning with size difference (eg. Adult A being taller than the Adult B ). If not, then the game will not spawn sims in different heights: the sims will look like exactly like how it is currently-in-the-game.The Game will start with it being disabled, so you'll have to enabled it, if you want to access this customization mechanic, from the get-go.

Probably it's obvious by now, but if not: the Medium just offers the sims the size of what the in-game currently provides to respective life stage. It is also the default set size when the Size Alteration is disabled (set up so when starting a new same game). While that is disabled, no sims will be spawing-in with different size per age group, and no sims in cas will be randomize like that.

ETA: Their should also be a toggle option for each life stage and their height size. Simmers do complain on how to tall Teens are and it's difficult to tell them apart from Adults, so a toggle option would prevent towny high teens from spawing in the saved game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 6:40 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th Jan 2017 at 6:53 PM.
For those who wanna sign up for the petition, please provide TheSims.com forum username and ask me in a bolded text.
@rinre33
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 6:42 PM
this post would be better suited on official forums where it is more likely to be seen by higher ups, regardless i am happy with the sizing of sims in my game. i reached my full adult height when i was a teenager and am thankful that detail is part of my favorite sims game
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 6:47 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th Jan 2017 at 6:50 PM. Reason: typo fix
I did post it there, but I thought - I might get more wide responses from fans around MTS, and + I would bring more attention to it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 7:01 PM
as much as I would love that but it would need alot of rework of already existing animations because every height need to match all other heights without looking weird (as example: I guess it was TS3 Bug where childen or toddler would stretch their body to match an adult animation)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
as much as I would love that but it would need alot of rework of already existing animations because every height need to match all other heights without looking weird (as example: I guess it was TS3 Bug where childen or toddler would stretch their body to match an adult animation)

Yeah, I think it would be easy for them to have a system where your sims grow as they age...but the animations would all be broken then. Until they can think of some kind of dynamic animation system I just can't see it happening

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Instructor
#7 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 9:48 PM
Not possible, not going to work, not going to happen.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but you're wasting your time. There's reasons (that aren't budget cuts or deadlines) certain features aren't going to happen. If you'd look into game development you'd quickly realize a height difference system would be really hard to work with, without making interactions between characters awkward.

You'd need to create at least three times as many animations to compensate for the height differences and postures. There's also a good chance you'll have to do additional rigging. Oh, and programming of course. Something like this is interesting, but just not feasible. Not even if the devs had all the money and time in the world.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Smeg Head
#8 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 12:33 AM
Or, (and granted, this might be too surreal for some) instead of three sets of animations for the three size types, let's have morph-able furnishings, like everything in the world is made of Play-Doh. Might seem strange to some, but I know our cute, new toddlers would just love such a world! Keep them away from the bright pink morphing table legs, though. Toddlers have been known to try and eat them. Play-Doh looks so tasty to a toddler. Yum-yum.