Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 11:50 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 25th Dec 2017 at 1:52 AM.
{SOLVED}Not sure where to put this..it's about Legacies/Challenges
I'm not really sure where to put this..

There are a few and hope to be more joining in the near future..playing Legacies/Challenges..

Now the problem is some of us have never done a Legacy..and few have started a Challenge but never completed it..me included lol..

I have been looking over a lot of the Legacies/Challenge rules and omgosh I am overwhelmed with all of them and how specific they are..

I would love to find a Legacy/Challenge that is simple (more less..) or something that we can tweak to our needs..

I'm just overwhelmed with everything so really could use some help and advice..

Oh another thing is it would be for Sims2, 3, and 4..since a lot of use are playing different games..I play Sims2..and will always play Sims2..and probably take my game to my grave

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot..I looked over at the Challenge area but it didn't say that I could put this there..

Thank you for your help in advance :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 11:59 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 28th Feb 2017 at 12:36 AM.
How about just sticking with the basic, and adapt it to your likings?
Choose the biggest empty lot.
make your own sim, male or female.
That sim can only marry a sim you did not make.
No money cheats, or cheats at all...
The founder must remain on the initial lot until he/she dies.
The heir, same deal. they can only marry a townie, safe npc.
repeat.
This is what i do, and it is fun..when I decide to do it. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 12:30 AM
Well, some challenges can be tough but in the end it's your game! I get tiread really fast when it comes with the classic legacy but at the same time I'm not 'brave' enough to try some of the complex ones lol
Right now I'm having a very good time playing 'The beginning of Riverblossom' that can be found here on MTS (unfortunately I'm writing from mobile and I can't post the link). I'm playing all the families in other to get the premade Sims you can find the first time you enter the neighborhood.
I'm playing like tha classic legacy challenge: no cheats, no hacked objects, no overpowered custom content; anyway, since I'm following the family tree to get the Sim I want, sometimes I have to exit the lots if the new born he's not the gender I need for that specific generation.
I could decide to keep the 'wrong sims' anyway and changing the story, but I decided to be faithful to the original...
I mean, in the end what really counts it's having fun, so play the way you want, just decide which rules are suitable to your gamestyle and follow them until you reach your goal.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 12:32 AM
Thank you Rosebine..that would be easy lol..

For me though I don't have sims in any of the bins anymore in any of my neighborhoods..so it's either create or marry a townie..but omgosh they are so ugly lol..I do play with the founder(s) remaining on the initial lot I just use LotAdjuster to make the lots bigger as they grow..I don't use the money cheats anymore either..but I do have some cheats/mods/programs that I do use..

I could play a ingame neighborhood with the sims that are already in houses..most of my neighborhoods I create and so there is nothing in them except the townies and npc's..

It might work..I will give this info to the others..and see what they think..

Thank you again Rosebine for your help..

Thank you Drew..I will look that one up..I think I have seen that before but never really looked at it..
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 12:39 AM
I also have clean templates, but as you know..sims will keep generating. I do not have notownieregen, because I want fresh blood, just no premades.

Instructor
#6 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 12:45 AM Last edited by *_Drew~ : 28th Feb 2017 at 1:31 AM.
If the problem is having ugly townies, there are lot of useful default replacement online, I couldn't live without them. First of all the face replacements in the CAS and then the empty templates.
I also use all the mods that prevent the game from creating too many townies or double ones (only one professor for major, only one NPC for category...)
I love playing just with the playable Sims, I interact with townies just for temporary stuff (no marriage, kids etcetera). Once in a while, I get rid of the old townies and I force the creation of new ones to avoid the grandson befriend their grandmother's first boyfriend lol
Have a look to the useful hacks topic, it's very helpful
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 12:51 AM
You don't have to keep to the original legacy rules. Firstly it was written before the game was complete also now most people now have dozens of mods. Keep more to the spirit of the challenge rather than every rule. If you feel certain mods will make some area too easy, write up some sort of counter rule of your own. Basically a legacy is ten generations without cheats. That's it, in a nutshell. Start off with lawn living but not on that huge lot unless your computer can run it, you can easily get rid of extra money on a smaller lot. Start off with Maxis items not $1 bathtubs or whatnot. Maybe once you have too much money consider giving it all away and making them poor again. Then just have fun.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 1:10 AM
Rosebine..I do have the notownieregen..but not sure how it works..

Drew I used to play only Riverblossom Hills..that is my all time favorite Neighborhood..then I got into the Medieval/Rustic look and feel..and also got tired of playing the same binned sims..over and over again..it drove me nuts now in my Riverblossom Sims Nighborhood I love playing the Sims binned..and always will..

I have started with 4 families..I create in CAS...and go from there..and just create a sim when needed for marriage..not sure if they want to do that or just play with the in game sims..

I interact with townies only because I either need them for friends/jobs or they interact with them themselves without my help..sometimes I don't like that..specially with the Vampires and Werewolves

Thank you Rosebine and Drew for your input..I really appreciate it

Thank you jo for your input and advice I just seen your post after I posted this..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 1:58 AM
notownieregen stops the game making more townies. So say you marry in Goopy, the game will make a new sim to take his place, but with the mod in the game can't make one. This is one way of slowly making your townie population smaller.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:07 AM
Thank you Jo..I just can't tell about the townies..I don't go downtown much anymore..and the ones I do see either are the walk by's or at the Secret hobby places..or at the college..but I put my sims in their own homes..I don't do the dorms anymore..I got fed up with that stupid cow..but when it does come around I put it in the back corner of the yard put a fence around it and it either stays there for generations and not die or it dies..and then here comes another one lol..and I do the same thing with it..if that is the case..about Goopy then why am I getting a cow every time one dies..that means that mod isn't working for me..or is there something I need to be doing..is it an object mod..or a global mod..

I hear all about this Goopy but I have no idea who he is..
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:11 AM
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Goopy_GilsCarbo

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:12 AM
I used Goopy as he is a famous townie that came with the base game. He wears a cowboy shirt and plaid shorts and has black hair.

mascots are not townies. Downtownies only come with a downtown and are slightly different from the first townies in that they normally have better jobs and more money but act the same. If you need money marrying in a downtownie is the best bet.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:27 AM
This is why I have never seen him..I have never played Pleasantview,..thank you Rosebine..

Ok dang was hoping to get rid of that stupid cow for good lol..and what do you mean by "the first townies"

boy am I confused about everything there is to playing this game..I guess I am stuck on what I am used to..although I have tried to do things differently but only slightly..lol..

Thank you jo and Rosebine
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:30 AM
I think Jo meant, the first non playables the game creates when you first create a Hood, or when you first enter one..or the people who are already populating it (if you play without empty templates, that is)
Since Downtown & its downtownies came out after the base game, they came with NightLife..maybe Joe calls them the second ones? I am guessing here, I love guessing here.
And you are very welcome.

Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:39 AM
I guess I never really paid much attention to the townies..they were always so ugly lol..and before I found CC/mods and things like that..I could never click on them so I never even thought of them after that..thank you Rosebine
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:21 AM
I want to thank everyone that has helped me and others on these Legacies/Challenges..all the help we are getting is much appreciated..if there is more advice and help out there we would be appreciated as well..

Most of us that will be trying this, is new to all this..and I'm not the only one that is overwhelmed with what goes on with Legacies/Challenges..specially the rules..

I may need a before we even get started
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 5:25 AM
I've never bothered with a legacy or long or complex challenge, especially the ones where you have to score. For me that takes all the fun out of playing. I have, however, played a legacy of my own, which is simply 10 generations with no cheats.

You could also try a mini challenge such as the Queen Bee challenge or Messie Lot challenge. For the latter, I created a residence (I wouldn't download the challenge one which has been lived in) which got run down by the old owner and after he died a neat freak relative moved in and had to clean it up and do it up, all without cheats (and little income). A fun one.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 5:32 AM
The first townies that came with the base game. Then Nightlife came with Downtownies, then AL came with social townies who fill up empty apartments.

What do you mean, you can't click on them? You should be able to interact fully with all of them. Right up to proposing marriage and moving them in to turn them into playables.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:41 AM
When I play legacies or challenges, I never keep score. That's too boring for me. I take the challenge rules and I use them as a story point.

If you want to start with a very easy challenge which is sure to create a lot of chaos, I recommend the Asylum Challenge. No townies to deal with, you can create your own sims, and there's only really one rule which you need to pay attention to, after building: You can only control one sim! If you even find the building restrictions too difficult, you can download Asylum Challenge lots, for example, this one by Leefish: http://modthesims.info/d/325196

(Hint: If you click on the #asylum tag at the bottom of that download, then filter to show lots only, you'll see other lots set up for the Asylum Challenge.)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 6:27 PM
Jo..Everyone look alike to me lol..so I'm not sure who is who..

One of the rules that we are going to have to only marry a townie..

To me simple means..create 2 sims in CAS..and go from there mods yes, cheats no..simple..

Thank you all for your help and input and advice
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
When I play legacies or challenges, I never keep score. That's too boring for me. I take the challenge rules and I use them as a story point.

If you want to start with a very easy challenge which is sure to create a lot of chaos, I recommend the Asylum Challenge. No townies to deal with, you can create your own sims, and there's only really one rule which you need to pay attention to, after building: You can only control one sim! If you even find the building restrictions too difficult, you can download Asylum Challenge lots, for example, this one by Leefish: http://modthesims.info/d/325196

(Hint: If you click on the #asylum tag at the bottom of that download, then filter to show lots only, you'll see other lots set up for the Asylum Challenge.)

That reminds me of another challenge I did - the Big Brother challenge. Put 8 sims in a house and leave them to it. At the end of each week the sim with the lowest relationship score gets "voted off". The winner at the end of 8 weeks gets to keep the house. If relationship scores don't help you can make note of Sims that don't make use of the activities. Of course you might end up with a house full of starving sims if they're too busy to take care of their own needs.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 10:52 PM
You know, I vaguely remember doing something like that, too. The asylum lots made me think of the Big Brother lot I built too!

Man, that BB challenge would have been 100 times more hilarious with ACR. I must redo it one of these days.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:27 PM
Some of these are funny..like the Big Brother and the Asylum Challenges..

All of these ideas are great..and the rules have become more simple with these ideas..

Thank you all for you help and input...