Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Moving houses to a new game
I just loaded Sims 2 (all expansions, and stuff packs) to a new computer (Lenovo T420/nVidia/16gbram/1Tbhdd). I want to have the same houses from my original game, in the new game. Although, I backed up the old game to an external drive, the old game has been deleted from the old computer, as I'm giving it to someone else.

How do I get my old houses bin from the backups, to my new game on my new computer?

Thanx!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:56 PM
What exactly have you kept of your old game? Do you have your old EA Games folder that was in Documents?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:21 PM
For lots in your lot bin, just copy the LotCatalog folder over. It's a bit more complex for lots you built in the 'hood.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
What exactly have you kept of your old game? Do you have your old EA Games folder that was in Documents?
I kept everything. I back up my EA Games folder every month. Backed it up right before deleting from the old computer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
For lots in your lot bin, just copy the LotCatalog folder over. It's a bit more complex for lots you built in the 'hood.
Thanx! I'll give it a go.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:31 PM
Depending on if you just want the lots you had, in your lot bin..Lot catalog as Nysha said.
But if you'd like your whole game back, untouched..then you'd copy your old EA Games folder back in your new The Sims 2 folder, replacing the new one the game created when you first started your new installation.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Depending on if you just want the lots you had, in your lot bin..Lot catalog as Nysha said.
But if you'd like your whole game back, untouched..then you'd copy your old EA Games folder back in your new The Sims 2 folder, replacing the new one the game created when you first started your new installation.
Yeah, I don't know why I didn't think about that (DUH!). I wanted fresh hoods, but same downloads, and lots. I already transferred the Downloads folder.... Don't know WHY I didn't do that with the Lot catalog! Thanx for the snap back to reality..... I'm getting old I guess .
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:44 AM
Just be sure to first delete the newly created "EA Games" folder (I usually do the "The Sims 2" folder instead), and then copy over the old one from your other computer.

Don't let the folders overwrite, or you can lose and/or corrupt files.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Just be sure to first delete the newly created "EA Games" folder (I usually do the "The Sims 2" folder instead), and then copy over the old one from your other computer.

Don't let the folders overwrite, or you can lose and/or corrupt files.
Done, thanx!