Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 6:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lots disappearing?
Hi all, so I've been playing an uberhood for the past few months, with no problems really. But lately my game has been crashing, and i was getting tired of how many households you must go through, in each round, so i decided to start over with a megahood instead. I had Strangetown as my main hood, with Pleasantview and Veronaville as my sub-hoods. Of course I also have a downtown and all the colleges. Every time I go into Veronaville, there are random residential lot's placed all over the place, and pre-made community lots as well (lots in the middle of a field, in between houses, nowhere near a road). The pre-made downtown ones that are there, are empty downtown, and when i try to bring a sim to it, it's empty. I'm not sure if i did something wrong, or if it's plain corruption, but has anyone else had a similar problem? My game especially crashes for some reason right before i finish "quitting and saving". Also, if it were corrupt, how would I go about deleting these neighborhoods, and getting fresh clean ones? All my hoods are the clean, non-corrupted ones too. I couldn't get the picture to upload, but please let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:34 AM
Wow, that definitely sounds like pretty serious corruption. Is it happening in any other 'hoods?

If you want to delete the 'hood and start fresh, just use the trash can icon in the neighbourhood selection screen.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 10:38 AM
Sounds like the information in the lot files about the position of the lots in the neighbourhood has got lost or something. You could try forcing a reset of those values by picking up the lots and placing them where they're supposed to go but I agree with Nysha - sounds like a real problem.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc