Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2017 at 10:42 PM
Default Ikea Lack recolors?
WCIF Ikea Lack recolors of the curtains in the game? I have searched all over the place and have found nothing.I'm trying too make contemporary (Dorm's and Apartments) I have every other lack recolors,just not the curtains.Any help would be appreciated.Thank you
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:18 PM Last edited by Michelle : 4th May 2017 at 11:39 PM.
I have the Veil of Dreams in LACK colours, did them for myself ages ago for screenshots. Unfortunately I am not allowed to give the link here but I can send them to you, if you would like them.
Screenshots

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:59 PM
Those are pretty Michelle - if you have them uploaded somewhere, it's fine to provide a link in the WCIF forum I think.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#4 Old 5th May 2017 at 12:41 AM
@maxon - I never uploaded them anywhere, that's why I can't give a link here, even though other members appear to be allowed to.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
I have the Veil of Dreams in LACK colours, did them for myself ages ago for screenshots. Unfortunately I am not allowed to give the link here but I can send them to you, if you would like them.

Oh thank you so much!! yes I would love too have them :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th May 2017 at 10:57 AM
Would you like to send me a link too? I love these curtains.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:23 PM
<sidles up to Michelle - whispers>why don't you upload them here then along with your other uploads? I'm sure a lot of people would like those (including me).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th May 2017 at 5:48 PM
We don't have any rules against linking anywhere on the site, with the exception of malicious links (malware etc), and links to adult sites (which have to be marked 18+ so people are warned about what they might see).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#9 Old 5th May 2017 at 8:34 PM
@Michelle , please, upload them, they are really beautiful. And want them, too..
Theorist
#10 Old 5th May 2017 at 10:20 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 6th May 2017 at 4:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
We don't have any rules against linking anywhere on the site, with the exception of malicious links (malware etc), and links to adult sites (which have to be marked 18+ so people are warned about what they might see).

@Nysha
I'm curious about this as there was someone not that long ago who had a WCIF for recolors of a lantern that is on this site, and since I couldn't find any and liked the lantern too, I made a few and shared a link to my personal mega.nz account. Karen, came along and removed the link and posted about sharing things the right way (uploading to MTS).

However, I found it odd as there have been multiple people who post external links to their personal accounts and nothing ever happens to their post (not referring to those who share links of items they have from non existence sites). It does seem to vary on what's acceptable and what's not with regards to sharing personal recolors in WCIF's such as these.

Edit: Added a link to the WCIF I was referring to http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=589414.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
#11 Old 6th May 2017 at 2:34 AM
@Nysha - I have also had links removed and told that "the only links we allow here is for content from dead sites". I also find it odd that other people post links, not only for personal recolours but for items specifically made because of the WCIF, and nothing is said and their links are not removed.

For anyone wanting the curtain recolours you can find them HERE.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th May 2017 at 6:44 AM
I thought it was just attaching a file to your post that wasn't allowed (although I don't really see why not).
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th May 2017 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha

I think the problem here might be that people get confused about what can be uploaded and where - there aren't any real rules in the Site Rules & Guidelines that explains it. (Perhaps there should be?) If someone wants to share their stuff here, starting a thread to say "Hey, I made this!" with a download link *is* frowned upon. If someone wants to share their stuff they need to do it the proper way. Those threads can, and do, get deleted. There may have been some over the years that slipped through... I dunno for sure.

When it comes to WCIF threads I have a few (a few, lol) differing opinions:
If the download can be found right here on MTS, it should be linked to.
If it's offsite, it should be linked to.
If it's from a dead site but can be found on the Graveyard, a link would be nice BUT I don't see why it can't be uploaded to the thread.
If it can be found on the Wayback Machine, again a link would be nice BUT not all downloads from there can actually be downloaded (and there are some that can be but they're a little tricky - I've ran into some that won't download unless you know to copy the download link and paste it in a new tab). So I don't see why it can't be uploaded to the thread.
For things MADE because of a WCIF, I think the honest and nice thing to do is upload the stuff to the site and then post a link to it in the WCIF. (I do believe that's what I've always done.) If someone doesn't want to share what they made because of that WCIF, then they can always send the stuff through PM... although other people may want the stuff too, so you know.. maybe upload it instead?
For things that are being looked for and someone has already made but never uploaded anywhere? Well.. I *do* think that stuff should be uploaded and linked to BUT I don't see why it can't be uploaded to the thread.

TLDR? Ok - if you're starting a new thread and uploading something to get around the upload process, stop that!! If you're uploading something in response to a WCIF, check to see if it's here on MTS or readily available on tumblr/GOS/SimPearls/ect - and link to it. Otherwise upload it to the WCIF! (Yes, even if you made a thing because of the WCIF. Although it would be nice if you uploaded it here!)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th May 2017 at 8:39 AM
You can see why people might not want to upload it here though. The uploads process can be painful.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th May 2017 at 8:48 AM
@mustluvcatz Recently there was a WCIF an invisible edging fence and I think it was Rosebine who made it and put a link here in WCIF and it was removed. After that she uploaded it to the site. It seems unclear if this is allowed or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#16 Old 6th May 2017 at 8:55 AM
I don't care what the policy is (it's not my site, so I don't get a say in the policy), what I DO care about is that it is understood by ALL mods and implemented CONSISTENTLY - which it currently is NOT.

I uploaded a "quick and dirty fun recolour", it got deleted. Ok, I'm fine with that (I was using the rules of another site for this one, I now know better). BUT, less than two pages later in the same thread, there was a sequence of attached
uploads. These were not deleted. Now, either the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, or there is an implicit multi-tier membership here, where "older" members are cut more slack than newer ones. And both of those really upset me (or use stronger language of your own choosing)

W

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#17 Old 6th May 2017 at 8:59 AM
It seems unclear because there isn't any clear cut, "set in stone" rule about it. (Which is pretty much why I said maybe there should be!)

I know uploading here can be aggravating (depending on what it is you're uploading.. some things are easier than others) - so I did say that I think posting a creation made for a WCIF in that thread should be ok. BUT I've just realized that there are times that maybe something *shouldn't* be - like something that adds an NPC to the game. Or a mod that's a bit complicated and might break games. But simple things like a recolor or a decorative object? Go for it, says I.
Instructor
#18 Old 6th May 2017 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
It seems unclear ...

Unclear policy is one issue, lack of consistency by the same mod is another IMHO

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#19 Old 6th May 2017 at 9:37 AM
I am just happy about the curtains Thank you, Michelle!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 6th May 2017 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You can see why people might not want to upload it here though. The uploads process can be painful.

Perhaps but it is a way of avoiding problem uploads.
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
I don't care what the policy is (it's not my site, so I don't get a say in the policy), what I DO care about is that it is understood by ALL mods and implemented CONSISTENTLY - which it currently is NOT.

I uploaded a "quick and dirty fun recolour", it got deleted. Ok, I'm fine with that (I was using the rules of another site for this one, I now know better). BUT, less than two pages later in the same thread, there was a sequence of attached uploads. These were not deleted. Now, either the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, or there is an implicit multi-tier membership here, where "older" members are cut more slack than newer ones. And both of those really upset me (or use stronger language of your own choosing)

It really just isn't that though - sometimes we just don't see stuff. Though several of us post here regularly, we don't read absolutely everything (I am already a pretty busy person for a start). If you see something that you think is a problem, please use the reporting process. That really helps us.

@mustluvcatz - perhaps what we need to do is have a discussion about this between staff and come up with a consistent policy?

Test Subject
#21 Old 6th May 2017 at 10:47 AM
Michelle: Thank you so much for the link.
Theorist
#22 Old 6th May 2017 at 12:21 PM
@joandsarah77 - @mustluvcatz - @maxon - I was the one who uploaded the invisible edging fence in the WCIF thread. I did not upload it to the site because to my knowledge you are supposed to put some effort into what you upload, the invisible edging fence took approximately 90 seconds to make, if that. My post and the link was removed.
In the last few weeks at least 3 people, that I know of, have done the same thing and their posts and links have not been removed. Maybe as maxon mentioned it is time there was some discussion between staff to come up with a consistent policy.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:10 PM
Just to let you all know, I have created a thread in the staff area asking if we can discuss this issue and clarify the rules.