Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#27 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 6:39 PM
You are so right...dunno where I put my head. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 1:48 AM
Some Sims in SimHampton have middle names. These are in quotation marks in the "first name" box of their names.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 3:44 AM
Darn you! Now I HAVE to name my next baby Glop. Sigh....poor little Glop...

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#31 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 3:56 AM
I think I'll go with Bobbie-John, personally.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 5:06 AM
I actually just had my first baby to have a middle name in-game due to this thread! It's less a middle name, however, and more of a second last name, but I tacked it onto his first name anyway. The baby boy is named Thatcher Lothario Delarosa (What a mouthful!), and yes, he is the child of Don and Florence. His middle name is to honor his lineage on his father's side, and he may well pass this onto his children. He actually has two older sisters who share both parents, but because they were born and partially raised under the assumption that their father would not be a part of their lives, they are just Clementine and Cordelia Delarosa. They may still choose to pay homage to dear old dad later on as adults, but that depends on whether they have kids and whether he can maintain good relations with them.

For those wondering, while his parents are both fairly attractive in their own right, Thatcher is...profoundly unfortunate in the looks department. His sisters are much cuter, but I still feel as though they could still stand to grow into their features. Clementine is a carbon copy of Florence.

This is something I could see myself continuing to do in the future. I currently have two gay couples who did not take the same last names in my game, and when they have kids, I'll likely use one parent's last name as the child's middle name, all depending on what sounds best. Thanks for the ideas everyone!
Scholar
#33 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Would'nt that be more of a nickname. John "Glop" Smith sounds like his name is John and surname Smith but everyone calls him Glop. John Glop Smith sounds like John Glop is the full given name and Smith the surname

I have nicknames on separate notes (so neither appearing as first nor last names) and non-quotationed names are for that rare SimHampton Sim who actually does have two first names. It never occurred to me that quotation marks would be interpreted as a nickname, possibly because I've never told anyone else what system I use for it before now Some Sims have too many names for my own good, I guess...

You do, however, make good points
Field Researcher
#34 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 2:03 AM
By default, my middle names are just birth names. I usually only use them when someone marries down the social ladder (Megan Most Ridge), or to keep track of romantic Sims who go through multiple spouses (Tabitha Most xxxX). But ya it's not a consistent system.

Nicknames emerge through play and almost always supplant the first name.So Nicole Thompson is now Nico, Jon Landry became Jola, and Pavloff Kennedenski is now just know as Peak.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=bbostic8]I actually just had my first baby to have a middle name in-game due to this thread! It's less a middle name, however, and more of a second last name, but I tacked it onto his first name anyway. The baby boy is named Thatcher Lothario Delarosa (What a mouthful!), and yes, he is the child of Don and Florence.

Is Don good to Florence. Because she deserves that. She deserves to have someone care about her.

I might be too involved in my sims' lives

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#36 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 12:49 PM
When one gets a nickname, do you then change it in game? Or do you just call them that? Cause they can't see it if you don't change it. They just keep using the name they know.

yep, definitely too involved in my sims' lives.

Field Researcher
#37 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 7:53 PM
Some of my sims have middle names, and some of those are just in my head, and others are officially party of their names. For example, Teeny, youngest child and only daughter of Mary Land and Valentine Hart is officially Valentina Hart, but I know her middle name's Joy. Her brothers don't have middle names. Rhett and Penny's kids all have middle names (Adam Woodrowe, aka "Ad"; Skye Angelo and Roman Red). They're not written as part of their names, and only Skye's is ever mentioned - his girlfriend, Jay calls him Angelo because her mum, who died shortly before she came to town, was Sky. Other sims do have their middle names as part of their names, like Val's grandson Canyon Valentine Hart, and his mum, Blossom Moonbeam Hart. Blossom's sister, Dawn, is officially May Flower Dawn, but always goes by Dawn. Her name in game is May Flower Dawn Hart.

Some sims names in the game are their nicknames, and I just know their full names, like Jay is named Jay Walker, but her full name's Jacyntha, and Dotty Ottomas is really Dorothea. Others are "officially" named their full names, but they never use their full name, like Homer Sell, who's always called Homie. Others still have an official name which they use sometimes, but they also use their shortened/nickname, like Valentina, who is usually Teeny, and Clemency Land-Newson, who's sometimes Clemency, sometimes Clemmie and sometimes Clem. There is also one family where the girls are all Something Ann, because the parents are JoAnn and Mary Ann, and their oldest daughter is Flora Ann. When they had another daughter, they named her Isla Ann, but they're already tending to drop the Ann and just call her Isla. Flora Ann is not happy if you drop her Ann, however. JoAnn and Mary Ann are JoAnn and Mary Ann to most people, but "Auntie Jo" and "Auntie Mary" to JoAnn's bandmate's kids, and quite often Jo and Mary to each other.

With regards to surnames, I have one set of kids with double barrelled surnames - Land-Newson, because their parents, Delta Land and Gallagher Newson weren't married when they had the eldest, Grace. Now they're married, I think they've kept their own surnames, or maybe Delta's become Delta Land-Newson like her children. When Rainbow Beech married Garrett Newson she became Rainbow Newson Beech, and I think Garrett might have become Newson Beech too. Garrett's twin, Georgia, became Georgia Newson-Bellum upon marriage, but her husband and sons are just Bellum. A couple of guys have taken their wife's surnames, because it's easier, which means that Gavin Newson is actually Gabriella's husband, and the original Gavin Newson is now Gavin Beech.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
[QUOTE=bbostic8]I actually just had my first baby to have a middle name in-game due to this thread! It's less a middle name, however, and more of a second last name, but I tacked it onto his first name anyway. The baby boy is named Thatcher Lothario Delarosa (What a mouthful!), and yes, he is the child of Don and Florence.

Is Don good to Florence. Because she deserves that. She deserves to have someone care about her.

I might be too involved in my sims' lives

Smorbie, I love that you asked this. Yes, actually! They have a mutually casual relationship. Sometimes they're lovers, sometimes friends, but always they're a family. She's actually falling in love with Gabe O'Mackey, who is an excellent partner to her, so she'll even get to end the relationship with Don on her terms. I have a soft spot for Florence, too.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 11:07 AM
That's good. She's one of those people I've always had a hard time finding a good partner for. I haven't played her in Monopoly yet, but she's coming up this rotation. Heaven only knows who the Council will choose for her if she wins the baby lottery, that

Alchemist
#41 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 9:53 PM
realized a number of days ago:: the playables in the Tutorial neighborhood kind of also start with "middle" names; though the "Tutorial" part of their name might be considered a title like various NPC types.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 3:46 PM
Have LOTS of middle names that count as first names, even like - MarySueEllen, and StinkyDirtBag.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#43 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:36 PM
Occasionally I give them middle names, but not frequently. When they do I though I usually just put them on a description box or write them on the sim tracker.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Field Researcher
#44 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I've been curious for a while if anyone tries to do anything like "middle names" when naming their sims. Obviously, there isn't a middle name slot, so double names like "Sarah Jane" or hyphenated names like "Billy-Joe" tend to lend themselves to ts2 more readily than traditional "middle" names. I know some premades have middle initials...or at least one does: Francis J.

Do any of your sims have middle initials, double names, or hyphenated given names?

I have a sim in my Frontier hood named Lydia Rose Traverse. I refer to her as "Lydia Rose," not just "Lydia," so she has a double given name, not a middle name in the traditional sense.

I've been pondering this topic for a while, because I love middle names in real life. I wish more fictional characters had them, because I think it's far more common to have middle names irl but it's far more common for fictional characters not to have middle names, and the inconsistency with reality just kinda irks me there. But they don't really work in ts2...or most games, for that matter!

Marci Rae.
Darla May
SammyJo
KatyJo
Roger "Dodger" Dickhouse (SOMEone had to replace Don Lothario)
Paul Daniel
Miureade Maeve
Andelina May
KimmyJean (after my cousin)
William Robert (BillyBob)

I'm sure there are more.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 9:39 PM
Nicknames just live in my head. Danny Pleasant, Angie Pleasant, Lil Pleasant. (Sorry, but with the demonic connotation of Lilith, she goes by Lil, and hopes people assume it's short for Lily, Liliane, or some other nice feminine name.) I'm sure my sims use them, though!

If a sim has a middle name, I put it in the box with the first name if it fits.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#46 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 10:17 PM
occurred to me somewhat recently:: the Colony Drones (PT9's male ancestors) kind of start with a middle name.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 11:05 PM
I use them for upper-crust families, or if I know someone with a similar name is in the hood so I don't get the Sims mixed up.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 4:38 AM
Some of the pixels in Bellefleur have middle names-but the very first was Cassandra Goth's daughter by Don Lothario-Alexandra Bella Goth. She was named for her uncle and her grandmother. She was also the first baby born of that generation.
Yes, Don did take his first wife's name as a surname. He's been meaning to change it forever, but he always forgets-besides, his boys are all named that, and it would just get muddled all up if he did it now. They all have the middle name of Shaikh, in honor of their mother, Kitty. There's a lot of Goths in this town, gotta keep them separated somehow!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 2 of 2