Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 1:14 AM Last edited by TotalSimmer297 : 24th Aug 2017 at 12:47 AM.
I created a new mods folder after deleting it and none of my mods are showing up in my game!
I was having a problem with my game (which is now fixed) so I decided to delete my mods folder, like an idiot, since I had just downloaded some mods. About a week later after I had fixed my game, I decided to re-install the mods folder. So I followed all of the steps and I extracted the resource.cfg file in to the folder. I downloaded all of the mods I wanted and opened up my game. But when I went into the game none of the mods I downloaded were showing up. I don't know what to do, if somebody could help me that would be great!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 4:35 AM
What kind of mods are we talking about here? If they are Tuning Mods, for example, their presence won't be announced in any way. They just work (or not) silently behind the scenes.

First thing to check, look for the file called DeviceConfig.log in this game folder into which you have placed this new Mods folder. Does its Modification Date/Time match the last time you launched your game (launch it if you aren't sure, the date/time stamp should change almost instantly). If it's not updating, then you have a different TS3 game folder someplace on your system that the game is reading from instead of this one.

If it's not that, have you deleted the five cache files in the top level of the game folder since adding all of this content? This needs to be done whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way.

And if that's not it, then perhaps we need to see some screenshots in Detail View of your game folder, Mods, and Mods\Packages to see if we can spot anything out of place. The structure should look just like the illustrations here, plus or minus some differences around the edges for different operating systems.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 1:22 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
What kind of mods are we talking about here? If they are Tuning Mods, for example, their presence won't be announced in any way. They just work (or not) silently behind the scenes.

First thing to check, look for the file called DeviceConfig.log in this game folder into which you have placed this new Mods folder. Does its Modification Date/Time match the last time you launched your game (launch it if you aren't sure, the date/time stamp should change almost instantly). If it's not updating, then you have a different TS3 game folder someplace on your system that the game is reading from instead of this one.

If it's not that, have you deleted the five cache files in the top level of the game folder since adding all of this content? This needs to be done whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way.

And if that's not it, then perhaps we need to see some screenshots in Detail View of your game folder, Mods, and Mods\Packages to see if we can spot anything out of place. The structure should look just like the illustrations here, plus or minus some differences around the edges for different operating systems.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

I know this thread is a bit old but is the deviceconfig.log supposed to be in the mods folder? By the way, I deleted the cache files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 2:33 PM
Wait, it works! Thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 4:10 PM Last edited by marianito10 : 1st Oct 2017 at 4:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TotalSimmer297
Wait, it works! Thank you!

What did it work for you? My game isn't detecting most of my ''.package'' mods either (some are detected, like MasterController or the NoIntro). I already deleted the 5 caché files.

Edit: Fixed, it was a bunch of uncompatible CC that was preventing others to work.