Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:44 PM
Default Sims Game Select with Steam Install
Is there any way to select which EP/SP you have installed for a given game?

I noticed "Any Game Starter" doesn't include Supernatural, while "Sim Game Select" doesn't work with my Steam install.

Yeah, just pretend that I can't buy a science station or an alchemy bench. I am weak. I can't help myself. If I can buy it, I will.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:48 PM
You don't happen to have the 1.69 update which has the pack selector thingy built right in?
Probably for the best.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:51 PM
I don't think the Steam version includes the 1.69 patch, with the EP/SP selector. That one is Origin exclusive, from what I've read.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
You don't happen to have the 1.69 update which has the pack selector thingy built right in?
Probably for the best.

The whole point of re-buying all the game EPs (except Pets... pets make me cry. Just lost my dearest real life dog... Pets is too sad ) from Steam was to get rid of that accursed 1.69 update. Just waiting for another Steam sale to buy all the SPs. :D

Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
I don't think the Steam version includes the 1.69 patch, with the EP/SP selector. That one is Origin exclusive, from what I've read.
I replaced my Origin 1.69 install with a disk install. I didn't have the Seasons disk, as well as a few other EPs. To get the two disks was something like $80, but with the Steam $5 Summer Sale, it was like $40s to get all the EPs.

It was cheaper to just buy everything from Steam.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 12:03 AM
You could've done it the other way around and gotten everything for free on Origin...but I suppose it's a little late to be hearing that now.
Either way, sorry about your dog. That really sucks.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#6 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 1:21 AM
"Free on Origin" includes 1.69.

A deal with the devil is not free.

((hugs)) to you in the loss of your dog.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
"Free on Origin" includes 1.69.

A deal with the devil is not free.

((hugs)) to you in the loss of your dog.

I got a few other Origin games, but I wasn't playing them. So, I went to disk and then Steam and no Origin.

She was a good girl. The best dog I've ever had. She followed me everywhere. She got old and frail and I had to carry her up the stairs. Then she hurt so much going down the stairs, and I knew it was her time. Vet said she had all the pain meds she could give her.

Damn. Now I'm crying. I loved that dog and she loved me. 15 years old.
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:56 AM
*Hugs Emmett Brown* I know how it feels to lose a long time friend. My very first dog, Pluto, ran away from home when I was 8-9 years old. He was with me since I was 3, and we could never find him I still have Cinnamon and Aphrodite, but they're getting old too...
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 5:07 AM
Sorry for your loss Emmett Brown, we lost our cat in January from kidney failer, she was 14 years old. Or other cat 15 years old and our dog is 12 years old.

I'm glad that Steam didn't go got the Sims 3 1.69 update after hearing horror stories of the game's expansion packs and stuff packs going missing because of Origin. I wonder why Origin did that though. Is it to make people buy the games all over again to get more of their money?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kirby4ever
Sorry for your loss Emmett Brown, we lost our cat in January from kidney failer, she was 14 years old. Or other cat 15 years old and our dog is 12 years old.

I'm glad that Steam didn't go got the Sims 3 1.69 update after hearing horror stories of the game's expansion packs and stuff packs going missing because of Origin. I wonder why Origin did that though. Is it to make people buy the games all over again to get more of their money?

My problem with 1.69 was that it kept "forgetting" what EPs/SPs I had started the game with, and going back to just the base game. I learned to check what it thought it was going to load, and it would STILL forget. I made lists of EP/SPs my current game was on.

I got tired of messing with it.

it's funny that EA can't get it right but there are utilities out there already that did: "Any Game Starter" and "SimGameSelect"
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=406814
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499140

"Any Game Starter" doesn't include the latest EPs, but has experimental Steam Support.
"Sim Game Select" doesn't work with 1.69 or Steam 1.67

Got a new dog from the shelter. She's a rescue from a Kill shelter. Sweet little thing, about a year old. She loves to play an cuddle. I have no idea how such a good dog ended up in a kill shelter, but I can guess.... Most of the time I reach down to pet her, she flinches as if I was going to beat her. I have to reach down slowly as I say "who's a good girl! Marie's a Good Girl!". (after Marie Curie).

Mean People suck.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Mean People suck.

In the military, those who handle dogs are outranked by them, making abuse against the dog a very serious offence.
Likewise, I think animal abuse should be treated equal to violence against another human being. Or, perhaps, worse.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#12 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:04 PM
I never had many issues with 1.69...

*runs*

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord