Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Eternally Missing Work
My sim in the medical career (trauma surgeon) keeps missing work all the time. No matter whether it's her work hours or a holiday it keeps saying "missing work" and she loses work performance. She has to be at work 24/7. I've tried quiting her job, replacing the rabbithole rug and also moving her out and back in. I don't know what to do! Even if she quits her job and rejoins the bug still persists, if she joins another career it's fine. She has the renowned surgeon LTW please help :'( ! I've heard that saving a copy of her to the library and then using the copy will work but I don't want her to lose her family and friend relationships.

Edit: I've tried promoting and demoting her with MC but that didn't help either....
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 4:37 AM
This is a game bug that is associated with careers whose shifts cross midnight. At the end of a shift that began on a previous calendar day, the game gets confused as to which day it really is and can bork the career progress. Have you tried resetting the sim with MC instead of replacing her and then further using MC to have her avoid ever being on Level 6 of that career which is I believe the only one that has an overnight shift like that?

And do you have both Overwatch and ErrorTrap in play? I've played many sims with careers that span midnight and have yet to see this bug for myself though it's certainly been reported often enough so I have to think that maybe I've got something in place to fix it before I ever see it (or I've just been really lucky so far).
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 4:46 PM
This happens to me all the time with the medical and criminal careers. I haven't found a permanent fix. I have both Error Trap and Overwatch going. I just keep an eye on the sim and use Master Controller to reset their performance to where it should be when they start their shift. It's particularly annoying when the sim is a workaholic. They perpetually have the "missing work" moodlet that even zapping with MC won't get rid of (it just comes right back).

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This is a game bug that is associated with careers whose shifts cross midnight. At the end of a shift that began on a previous calendar day, the game gets confused as to which day it really is and can bork the career progress. Have you tried resetting the sim with MC instead of replacing her and then further using MC to have her avoid ever being on Level 6 of that career which is I believe the only one that has an overnight shift like that?

And do you have both Overwatch and ErrorTrap in play? I've played many sims with careers that span midnight and have yet to see this bug for myself though it's certainly been reported often enough so I have to think that maybe I've got something in place to fix it before I ever see it (or I've just been really lucky so far).

Yeah I've tried resetting her with MC. And of course I have both overwatch and errortrap, how could I not . Unfortunately it seems the bug is stuck to the medical career itself so no matter what level of the career she is on the bug persists.

@ShackInTheMountains Yeah I haven't found a "proven" solution from my searches either... What an annoying bug. She's so close to her LTW ;_;
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
Yeah I've tried resetting her with MC. And of course I have both overwatch and errortrap, how could I not . Unfortunately it seems the bug is stuck to the medical career itself so no matter what level of the career she is on the bug persists.

@ShackInTheMountains Yeah I haven't found a "proven" solution from my searches either... What an annoying bug. She's so close to her LTW ;_;

For at least one of my sims, the bug continued to haunt her even after she topped the career. I had to monitor her performance (and her mood since she was a workaholic) until she died. She also worked the exact same hours (I think 8am to 7pm) regardless of what the career level dictated. It was really borked. BUT I had another sim in that exact same save that also topped the medical career and I didn't have to babysit him once he reached the top. So it also seems somewhat arbitrary.

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 11:34 AM
Did this happen with a regular hospital or in one of the Science/Medical combined rabbitholes?
Site Helper
#7 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 2:50 PM
It happened to a sim in Sunset Valley until I changed him to the military career.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#8 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
It happened to a sim in Sunset Valley until I changed him to the military career.
Well, there goes my theory.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Did this happen with a regular hospital or in one of the Science/Medical combined rabbitholes?

Mine was in Sunset Valley, so a regular hospital as I don't change the rabbitholes.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 3:10 AM
Well I think I'm gonna cheat her LTW and have her quit her job... ): I'll guess i'll just pretend she fulfilled it and can take it easy now... They had twins so she can use some time off anyway, maybe the problem will fix itself someday XD
#11 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:05 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 14th Nov 2017 at 3:05 AM.
Sorry for reviving this, but I just noticed that I have an inactive Sim with the same problem in the Law Enforcement career - level 10 Super Spy. He's on permanent duty lasting until 7:30, so basically almost 24 hours.
MC reset didn't help, resetting the beeper didn't help, quitting the career and giving it back didn't help.

Next steps I'll try is resetting the career lot, moving him out and back in in Edit Town, demoting him to level 9.

ETA: Didn't work either
Site Helper
#12 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:45 AM
What about switching him to a career that has a work schedule that is fairly stable no matter which job level you have? (Like Military, which worked for me?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:49 PM
Not sure if it's quite the same, but my Criminals have been called to work on non-work days and lose performance if they don't go. If they DO go to work, they're just stuck there. The action doesn't complete/drop and they have to be reset in order to leave the building. After resetting, they do not get paid for the day.

What worked for me was calling in fake sick. You could probably take unpaid time off, but I haven't tested that. They got paid for the day and the game seemed to fix itself after that, so I only had to do it once and the sim returned to the regular work schedule. I only tried this with one sim, so it could have been a fluke.