Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 7:45 PM
Default default for all Maxis black hair
The STYLES are OK, it's the COLOR that bugs me. Black hair can be jet black with some shine, or black that has a bit of purple; there are LOTS of natural black shades. But the practically flat GREY that Maxis calls black offends me. Is there a mod that makes the black...well, BLACK?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:29 PM Last edited by maxon : 19th Mar 2018 at 1:35 PM.
There is a texture replacement mod out there somewhere - I'll check my files. The reds were better too.

Edit: maybe this one. I can't actually remember now and I'm a bit busy to check files.

https://aquilegia.dreamwidth.org/20320.html

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 12:27 AM
Wow, THAT is a bit of work! It's a lot more than I was looking for, and her previews all show red hair, but it looks so good I have hope the blacks look as good. So THANKS; I trying them.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 1:03 AM
Well, report back 'cos I can't remember whether that's the one I have and I agree it does look pretty nice. I do remember the red stuff though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 9:47 AM Last edited by muridae : 20th Mar 2018 at 10:29 AM.
There's also this one, which is a more Maxis Match recolour of Aquilegia's originals (and Ja's).

http://modthesims.info/d/530552

I tried them and generally liked them, but found that in some cases the hair had been altered more than I wanted, for example straight hairs turned wavy. I mean to go back and check them all a hair at a time at some point to find which hairs do work for me. Because, while the colours could do with a lot more consistency, and some of them need less blurry textures, I too like the Maxis hairs pretty much the way they are.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, report back 'cos I can't remember whether that's the one I have and I agree it does look pretty nice. I do remember the red stuff though.

============
Got it, love it.The blacks are nicely black. Thanks!