Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 4:32 PM
Sorry Im a little lost, why can't I download the mod?
Hi - First of all let me apologies for being completely lost in here. Im new to the site and to mods too.

But I recently took the bate and tried Origins free trial of Sims 4, even though I have been avoiding it. I gave in and bought a few packs. But my town is dying and the lack of storyprogression is killing me.
I decided to look in to mods and decided the MC Command Center mod would be worth trying. I made the account here and I have been searching the forum, but can't fiend the answer anywhere.
So my very sorry if its because I just can't figure out something obvious.

My question is: I found a link to the MC Command Center mod, but each time I click on the link I get a text telling me im denied acces. It list several different reasons for why I might not have access, one of them being that the mod simple just have been taken down.
Can anyone tell me if this is the case?
Or can anyone more used to the site tell me if I need to do something else to be able to download or figure out whats going on?

As Im a complete noob to mods any tips or advise on how to get started would be great too

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Stinalina
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 4:41 PM
I've just managed to download it from this page. (just to try as I don't use it myself yet)

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

I didn't need to register or sign in for it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:27 PM
Thank you Hamishmc

I'll have a look and see if I can make it work from that link later.

I didn't even think about it when I started to look in to mods, but I play on Mac, and I dont even know if any mods are made for Mac...?!

Maybe thats why It didn't work? Im still pretty curios to why it didn't work from this page. So if anyone have a clue if its a setting, a limitation on my account or me being on a Mac, please let me know. I mean if I can't use anything from this forum I might as well stop trying now.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:34 PM
I don't think the Mac needs different mods, as they are simply data packages that are ringfenced and read by the game itself, not the operating system.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#5 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stinalina
Thank you Hamishmc

I'll have a look and see if I can make it work from that link later.

I didn't even think about it when I started to look in to mods, but I play on Mac, and I dont even know if any mods are made for Mac...?!

Maybe thats why It didn't work? Im still pretty curios to why it didn't work from this page. So if anyone have a clue if its a setting, a limitation on my account or me being on a Mac, please let me know. I mean if I can't use anything from this forum I might as well stop trying now.

As far as I know, Deaderpool just simply moved to his own site and deleted his upload from MTS. You've already got proper link to download.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 5:05 PM
Thank you Inge Jones, I think your right. What I found out so far it seems like there is no difference between mods for Mac og PC.

Thank you Anhaeyn, thats probable the reason. I'v been looking in to his sites and downloaded the the controller, but not installed it yet, as it seems like I need yet another download to get the mod for storyprogression. As I understand it that link it's not up. It seems to be updated for compatibility with Sulani.

Im still not completely sure I understand it correct(?!) But until I do, or the update get released, I have turned of ageing in my game, to do some manuel story progression without more of my sims age up and die before they can have kids.
Both the Landgrabs and the Goths are extinct. But I dont wan't my own lines to die out.

Thank you all for your help so far
Scholar
#7 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 6:01 PM
I explained how the aging settings work just earlier today
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...745#post5554745

also, with MCCC installed you might wanna check the pregnancy settings and the population ones first
(I'm saying first because it's not very practical to go trough all of the settings at once, and can be overwhelming for some people)
the default ones are a bit much for someone who seems to like micro managing..
(the rest of the settings are pretty fine in their default form)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:07 PM
Thanks Keren, I appreciate the info on the MCCC settings. Good to know - Although I still haven't found a link to the pregnancy-module. And I still understand it as I need that link separate from the control link? Or are you saying I can just use the MCCC without any other modules installed?

Thanks for the link, I do have the ageing settings under control. - Although I had to resurrect a few ghost to prevent extinction before turning it off
- I also have the the "autofill empty houses" active, but no-one moves in and no-one have babies. Everyone just grow up and die. Unless Im actively managing their lives. Essentially that's what I prefer; not having to pair up the entire world, but let it develop more organic
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:45 PM
Did you download MC Command Center 6.4.0? If so all the modules except MC Woohoo 6.4.0 are in the folder. All you have to do is extract all of them into your Mod folder under Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods(I believe this is the same on Mac). You also have to go into Game Options within the game and allow the use of script mods and enable custom content and mods under the Other tab. Leave the game and go back in and they should all be available to you. Once inside the game you click on a computer in order to access MC Command Center. As Keren said, all the options can be overwhelming so you might want to read the documentation on that page that Hamishmc linked for each module.

It might also be a good idea to go into Documents>Electronic Arts> Sims 4 and delete a file called localthumbcache.package. It helps and you can look it up for more information on what it is and does. Lastly it doesn't hurt to use the repair tool in Origin if you run into any problems. MC Command Center 6.4.0 is what you want and will work with your current game if you have the current patch even if you don't have Island Living. Hope this helps.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:59 PM
Lack of story progression in TS4? I'd say there is too much. Forgot to turn it off when I started with a new family in the same neighborhood I had a family I really liked. After a while I noticed there were meessges about other families popping up. I to to the neighborhood view, and what looks like a completely different family living in that house, or at least the kids grown up and the parentes gone.

I don't like ingame story progression, particularly how it behaves like a wildfire. So I turned it off.
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stinalina
Thanks Keren, I appreciate the info on the MCCC settings. Good to know - Although I still haven't found a link to the pregnancy-module. And I still understand it as I need that link separate from the control link? Or are you saying I can just use the MCCC without any other modules installed?

Thanks for the link, I do have the ageing settings under control. - Although I had to resurrect a few ghost to prevent extinction before turning it off
- I also have the the "autofill empty houses" active, but no-one moves in and no-one have babies. Everyone just grow up and die. Unless Im actively managing their lives. Essentially that's what I prefer; not having to pair up the entire world, but let it develop more organic

You just download the whole thing, MCCC comes with all modules in the zip file, you extract them all into your Mods folder
you can see more info here:
https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation

the game doesn't let NPCs have babies or get married AT ALL
the "fill empty houses" feature only makes it so if there are empty houses and sims which are currently doesn't live anywhere, it can place them there
but they will just age up (if you set it so they will) and die, not much of a progression really..
hence why you would need MCCC for that cause..

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Lack of story progression in TS4? I'd say there is too much. Forgot to turn it off when I started with a new family in the same neighborhood I had a family I really liked. After a while I noticed there were meessges about other families popping up. I to to the neighborhood view, and what looks like a completely different family living in that house, or at least the kids grown up and the parentes gone.

I don't like ingame story progression, particularly how it behaves like a wildfire. So I turned it off.

That is NOT a story progression, that's aging.. which you had turned on
sims died and their kids aged up and are still living.. until they will die as well (unless you turned aging off)
they won't get married, and won't have babies, they won't move out, they won't do anything besides age up (and die).