Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 5:04 AM Last edited by James009 : 19th Sep 2019 at 6:27 AM. Reason: Did some testing.
Changing Pie Menu Order?
What do you need to edit to change the pie menu load order?

For example, I want to move some interactions to the back of the priority instead of showing up at the front every time I open the pie menu. The interaction "declare love for weather" could be moved to the end of the dialogue options instead of it always showing up at the front. Additionally, various mods like to put their pie menu interaction right at the front of the queue when they could be held in the back.

What XML file or JAZZ do I need to edit to change these?

Thanks!

Random picture for reference:

EDIT
After doing some testing it does not appear to be "pie menu priority".
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 7:26 AM
There's a whole folder (after extracting) called "Pie Menu Category Tuner". I haven't really looked yet but I haven't seen any action or /-interaction-files. I have seen them before tho so, if you can't find them all in the mentioned folder, just let it run a search for interactions_friendly or something similar. The Sims4 Studio isn't as case-sensitive as the search on a PC so, let it run a search, too. Don't forget tho that there's the ingame-setting that lets you change the interactions back to the way they were in the Sims 3.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 10:06 PM Last edited by James009 : 20th Sep 2019 at 3:56 AM. Reason: sticky; added notes; results
Failing to have any effect
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymouse85
There's a whole folder (after extracting) called "Pie Menu Category Tuner". I haven't really looked yet but I haven't seen any action or /-interaction-files. I have seen them before tho so, if you can't find them all in the mentioned folder, just let it run a search for interactions_friendly or something similar. The Sims4 Studio isn't as case-sensitive as the search on a PC so, let it run a search, too. Don't forget tho that there's the ingame-setting that lets you change the interactions back to the way they were in the Sims 3.

So, I couldn't find anything like "Pie Menu Category Tuner" but I am starting by editing mods, as they are just easier to manage and find what I need to figure out what I am doing. The problem is that my changes don't seem to have any effects; I don't understand how to change the variables to have an effect.

Does...
Code:
<T n="_display_priority">1</T> 

Make the action low priority in the pie menu or #1?

Does...
Code:
<E n="scoring_priority">LOW</E> 

Make the action show up less or does this even matter?

I'm also not using traditional menu mode because the convenience of the new menu system is just superior... until it gets flooded with all the special mod pie menu actions. Something in these mods is controlling why they are posted in the front of the pie menu.

How do you use Sims4 Studio to do this kind of modding, I thought it was just for objects and clothing. I'm using S4pe to get the data and do the editing.

EDIT:
Were you talking about the stickied post file? That looks helpful.

EDIT:
I'm on the right path!

NOTES
From pie menu desc.
Code:
<Tunable name="_display_priority" class="Tunable" type="int" default="1" display="Display Priority" export_modes="client_binary,server_binary,server_xml" filter="0" group="General" tuning_state="NeedsTuning" description="The display priority of this category." /> 

From interaction desc.
Code:
<Tunable name="pie_menu_priority" class="TunableRange" type="int" default="0" display="Pie Menu Priority" filter="0" group="General" tuning_state="NeedsTuning" min="0" max="10" description="Higher priority interactions will show up first on the pie menu.&#xA;Interactions with the same priority will be alphabetical. This will &#xA;not override the content_score for socials. Socials with a high score&#xA;will still show on the top-most page of the pie menu. It's &#xA;suggested that you start with lower numbers instead of automatically &#xA;tuning something to a 10 just to make it show up on the first page." /> 

Code:
<Tunable name="debug" class="Tunable" type="bool" default="False" display="Debug" filter="1" group="Availability" description="If checked, this interaction will only be available from the debug&#xA;pie menu.  The debug pie menu is not available in release builds and&#xA;only appears when shift-clicking to bring up the pie menu." /> 

From super interaction desc.
Code:
<TunableEnum name="scoring_priority" class="TunableEnumEntry" type="AutonomyInteractionPriority" default="INVALID" display="Scoring Priority" dynamic_entries="autonomy-autonomy_interaction_priority.AutonomyInteractionPriority._elements" filter="0" group="Autonomy" static_entries="autonomy-autonomy_interaction_priority.AutonomyInteractionPriority" tuning_state="NeedsTuning" 

description="The priority bucket that this interaction will be scored in.  For example, if you have &#xA;three interactions that all advertise to the same commodity but want to guarantee that&#xA;one is ALWAYS chosen over the others, you can tune this value to HIGH.  Likewise, if &#xA;you want to guarantee that one or more interactions are only chosen if nothing else is&#xA;available, set this to LOW.&#xA;&#xA;It's important to note two things:&#xA;
1) Autonomy is commodity-based.  That means it will always choose a valid SI from &#xA;       a higher scoring commodity rather than a lower scoring commodity.  This tunable&#xA;       is only used for bucketing SI's within a single commodity loop.  That means it's&#xA;       possible for a LOW priority SI to be chosen over a HIGH priority SI.  This will &#xA;       happen when the LOW priority SI's commodity out scores the other SI's commodity.&#xA;   
2) Under the covers, this is just a sort.  There is not special meaning for these &#xA;       values; each one just maps to an integer which is used to sort the list of scored&#xA;       SI's into buckets.  We choose an SI from the highest priority bucket.&#xA;       &#xA;The classic example of this tech is autonomous eating.  A Sim should always choose to &#xA;eat food that is already prepared rather than make new food.  Furthermore, a sim should&#xA;always choose to resume cooking food that he started rather than eat food sitting out.&#xA;This is accomplished by setting the resume interactions to HIGH priority and the &quot;make&#xA;new food&quot; interactions to LOW priority.  Eating existing food, getting food from the &#xA;inventory, grabbing a plate, etc. can all remain NORMAL." /> 

EDIT:
Looks like I am having some success and some failures. When I click other sims the edited interactions seem to mostly take a back seat but they still show up at the front when I click my sim themselves. If anyone can shed some light onto this I'd love to hear it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 9:33 AM
Hey, welcome to the trial-and-error-club

I don't use SimPE at all, I use the Sims4 Studio to extract the tuning files and Notepad++ to make changes or sometimes, when it's just minor changes, I open the package in the Sims4 Studio and edit it right there. What I like about it is, it shows when there are any errors and it explains why it's an error.

Regardless of the extraction method, the scoring_priority is sometimes backwards logic and a lot of things are just not right and don't make any sense. Like it says "A Sim should alwayss resume cooking food that he started rather than eat food sitting out" and yet, my Sims interrupt their cooking to get something like peas and other quick meals out of the fridge all the time.

I wasn't talking about the Sticky Notes but yes, they are always helpful.

About the social interactions; a thing I've noticed quite recently is that, I dunno, maybe the game's AI just got dumber? After all, it can only do what it's being told to do... Because seriously, it is supposed to organize the pie menu in an order that makes sense, right? So, why does it, for instance, suggest that you talk about the weather or other sims while you're having a very flirty conversation? ...

Anyways, when extracting the tuning files with the Sims4 Studio you open it and go to Tools - extract tuning - and when the next window opens, on the bottom of it there are 3 boxes to check - leave "Use EA Naming" unchecked and check "use subfolders" and "extract all". That's where the Pie Menu Category Tuning-Folder (and others) will be.