Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2020 at 7:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Food Truck in Custom World?
Hi there! I decided I'd like a food truck in my custom world. I'm completely okay with it not moving so I'm not going to tag as a city or any of that.
However I was curious if I use the food truck from this link will anyone I share the world with also need to download that? I want my world to be CC/mod free.

I also saw this one in the comments of the above link and was wondering if that one would be better or if it doesn't matter.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 10:03 PM
Hmm, I don't know the exact answer to this but I'll just share my experience with you.

I don't have any of those mods/cc you have mentioned in your post, however I downloaded and played in MANY custom worlds and I'm quite sure that some of them had parked food trucks at designated places. I'm guessing the "food truck parking lot" was already a hidden object in the game and these mods just make it easily available for the builder too, and that must be why the regular user doesn't have to download it separately for it to work in their game.

Think of it like; you want to make and upload a Maid sim but the maid outfit is hidden in the game so you download a mod that enables the maid outfit to show up in the Everyday Outfits section. When you make your sim wear the maid uniform and upload her, those of us who download her will get her with the maid uniform, because the file for it is already in the game, just hidden.

Sorry if I'm wrong, I'm just brainstorming...
Instructor
#3 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 3:22 PM
PasTaCopine is right, people won't need to download it for it to show up. I use simsample's unhidden stuff and it works great, plus the truck's castable which is always a plus.