Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 441 (Who?), Viewed: 87672 times.
Page 18 of 18
Mad Poster
#426 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:58 PM
Most things can be modded out. The only thing that really bugged me was when it rained at night the "It's raining!" action would go to the the sims queue and they would get up at 3am to see the weather and then be awake. I eventually found a mod to fix that, don't know why I put up with it as long as I did.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#427 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAussie17
It's probably been said, but when they decide to whack toaster pastries in the oven and then go and do something ridiculous like taking a bubble bath while they wait for them to cook... :\


During the first week I had Sims 2, I had a family of four (two adults, one child and one teenager). One of them was making a toaster pastry, like your Sim. Then the carpool and school buses turned up. All my Sims went to work or school... ...leaving the toaster pastry in the cooker. Oh, and I'd deleted the fire alarm to get funds for a better double bed.

Needless to say, the kitchen/dining room area were burnt to a crisp by the time the teenager got home. Now that was an annoying autonomous action...
Top Secret Researcher
#428 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiszimmer
I honestly hate it when a Sim autonomously feeds a baby though it in actuality needs it's diaper to be changed or something else.


I think humans sometimes make that mistake with their babies!
Lab Assistant
#429 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 8:33 PM
The only one I really hate is when kids go to jump on the beds autonomously. Whilst it is quite cute the first time, it really knocks their energy levels and if they do it when they wake up and I don't notice to stop them, they fall asleep almost as soon as they get in from school. One time I had three kids in the same lot with friends over and I had to lock the bedroom doors to stop them all getting in there.
Test Subject
#430 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 2:56 PM
If you leave the sims to do their own actions, they pretty much can't take care of themselves.
Top Secret Researcher
#431 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieta_cassiopeia
During the first week I had Sims 2, I had a family of four (two adults, one child and one teenager). One of them was making a toaster pastry, like your Sim. Then the carpool and school buses turned up. All my Sims went to work or school... ...leaving the toaster pastry in the cooker. Oh, and I'd deleted the fire alarm to get funds for a better double bed.

Needless to say, the kitchen/dining room area were burnt to a crisp by the time the teenager got home. Now that was an annoying autonomous action...


What did the teenager do? Could he/she still reach the telephone (to call the fire brigade), or did he/she have to fight the fire him/herself?

I had something very similar happen when I first started, but somehow I got away with it. Garry Mackay (who lives alone) put toaster pastries in the oven just before leaving for work. Then the carpool turned up, and away he went. When he got home he took the (burnt) toaster pastries out of the oven. I think he ate them! I can't even blame autonomous actions - I told him to make the toaster pastries - I thought he had enough time. And then I worried about him missing the carpool. (I believe it actually waits for nearly an hour.) I think now I'd worry more about burning the house down than missing a day's work! I have no idea why Garry's oven didn't set fire to the house like ieta_cassiopeia's did. My Sims sometimes seem to have lived charmed lives!
Forum Resident
#432 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 3:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
What did the teenager do? Could he/she still reach the telephone (to call the fire brigade), or did he/she have to fight the fire him/herself?

I had something very similar happen when I first started, but somehow I got away with it. Garry Mackay (who lives alone) put toaster pastries in the oven just before leaving for work. Then the carpool turned up, and away he went. When he got home he took the (burnt) toaster pastries out of the oven. I think he ate them! I can't even blame autonomous actions - I told him to make the toaster pastries - I thought he had enough time. And then I worried about him missing the carpool. (I believe it actually waits for nearly an hour.) I think now I'd worry more about burning the house down than missing a day's work! I have no idea why Garry's oven didn't set fire to the house like ieta_cassiopeia's did. My Sims sometimes seem to have lived charmed lives!


The teenager, by the point the fire started, had already boarded the school bus (along with the child). Sims can't rescue pastries from the comfort of the bus seat because their arms aren't long enough The fire had burnt itself out by the time the teenager got home - all he could do was sweep up the many ash piles left behind.

No idea why Garry's oven didn't have the same issue. Perhaps it has some sort of unknown safety programming in its cooking function, or the fire brigade stealthily put it out while nobody was looking...
Mad Poster
#433 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 10:49 PM
The anonymous action that drives me absolute bonkers, is greet/bye kiss. I want to smack the programmers in the face every single time it happens. It is virtually impossible in this game to have Sims that take it slow, because you can't say hello to the Sim without them sticking their tongues down each others throats.

Really, someone should be severely punished for this major oversight in programming. How difficult would it be to not let Sims kiss unless they already have kissed? Or, just not let that kind of kiss count towards first kiss memory >_> I am SO tired of having to attempt to work around this just to keep my storyline intact, and apparently I am the only one that hates the bajeebus out of it because nobody ever made a mod and nobody wants to. Gah.

Those are the kind of autonomous reactions that I absolutely detest. The ones that you really can't avoid, because they are included in some other interaction that is necessary for something.
Field Researcher
#434 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
apparently I am the only one that hates the bajeebus out of it because nobody ever made a mod and nobody wants to. Gah.


You might be interested in Squinge's less romantic greet/goodbye hack. I don't know what I'd do without it.

"Rock is dead..."~Billy Corgan, 1998.
"SCREAM FOR ME!!!"~Iron Maiden, 2010.
My minuscule Simblr
Mad Poster
#435 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 2:05 PM
Thanks, but not quite That's identical to Cyjons StopKissingMe in the kissing aspect, and it wouldn't help because Sims are most likely going to have a crush/love on each other. That's what I meant, there are plenty that makes them not do so unless they are are involved, but none that stops it all together which is what I wanted =)

But it's okay. I was so annoyed by it last night that I went ahead and modified Cyjons mod myself, and got it to totally prevent autonomous kisses as greeting/bye. Now I just need to figure out how to apply it to date-ends as well and I am one happy simmer.
Field Researcher
#436 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 3:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Thanks, but not quite That's identical to Cyjons StopKissingMe in the kissing aspect, and it wouldn't help because Sims are most likely going to have a crush/love on each other. That's what I meant, there are plenty that makes them not do so unless they are are involved, but none that stops it all together which is what I wanted =)

But it's okay. I was so annoyed by it last night that I went ahead and modified Cyjons mod myself, and got it to totally prevent autonomous kisses as greeting/bye. Now I just need to figure out how to apply it to date-ends as well and I am one happy simmer.


Care to share? because this really annoys me also. I have AL, so to prevent it I end up making them 'high five' or something when they first greet each other. When it's time to say goodbye, I'll either make another sim in the house say goodbye (if there is one) or I just won't say it all and let them leave at 2 in the morning. :-/
Mad Poster
#437 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 9:00 PM
I plan to try to get it uploaded, so I will most definitely share if I can =) After all the hours of hair-pulling over it, I'd be thrilled to be able to spare someone else the trouble.

Anyone who wants it before that is welcome to pm me, but remember that I am not an experienced modder, I can't promise high quality or offer support cause I have no idea how to =P
Mad Poster
#438 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 12:16 AM
I'm not a modder, but I just wanted to mention this about the Super Duper hug and make sure your hack won't cause it. As soon as I see people making a mod that affects social I think about it, as I had the unfortunate luck to experience this after removing a social hack. Their hack probably worked the way they intended to but they didn't realize the problem removing the hack could do.

This is something I saved back when I was searching for a solution.

Quote:
Any hack that modifies the menu that pops up when you click a sim can cause the problem if the author of the hack doesn't realize that they need to change the default GUID for the social object they clone. When you remove such a hack, it sees an invisible object stored on your lot that it can't find the definition for because you uninstalled the hack. So it resets the object to it's default GUID, which is the example object Maxis wrote for hack developers to copy: the infamous "super duper hug". Almost all hacks that modify the sim menu are clones of that example hack.


So make sure the default GUID is changed.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#439 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 12:18 AM
The hack doesn't change the menu that pops up, it just changes what the game does when your sims greet or say goodbye. And since I am editing an already existing mod, I would imagine that is done already by Cyjon if necessary. But it is certainly something to think about.
Lab Assistant
#440 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 12:19 AM
Pillow-fighting. Just stop it. I hate it so much.
Mad Poster
#441 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 12:29 AM
I can't really think of any autonomous actions my sims do that annoys me. Everything that did annoy me, which wasn't much, I just modded out. Mainly the silly hand shading the eyes from M&G. It's funny the first time a sim salutes with the rubbish bag, food prep tray or a baby but that got old fast. Waking up to see the rain at 2am and as I mentioned one other time the bed making. All three modded out. I think the only thing that annoys me is autonomous resting on a bed. Boring time waster especially if they go back after I told them to get up. Otherwise I'm fine with pretty much everything. There are hacks to stop adults playing such as pillow fighting, kicky ball and such I think over on MATY or simlogical (could even be both places) Again those have never bothered me nor does playing tonsil hockey as a greet.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#442 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 11:54 PM
I hate it so much when a Sim needs to vomit when he's IN THE BATHROOM, then he runs across the house to ANOTHER bathroom.
I hate it when there's an elegant dining table inside where the Sim is supposed to eat, and then guess what? He goes outside in the middle of winter to eat at a cheap dining table! GRRR...
Page 18 of 18
Back to top

Section jump