Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 2:42 AM
Default Rigging cars in 1.26.x/Pets
OK, so now that the animation engine in Pets has been changed from Granny 3D, does that mean that assigning wheel bones is, well, easier?
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 4:03 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 31st Oct 2011 at 4:35 PM.
eh no, its more complicater......
The wheeljoints still use those matrix settings(rotation)
I always was pretty good in math but haven't figured it out yet.

Not that i am on it because i use the Fast Lane cars wich do not have those settings and are easier to work with.
However.....Alot of objects stll use the old rigging and so do the Fast Lane cars.
And both TSRW as S3OC need to be updated as original new cloned Fast Lane cars no longer work ingame but this can be fixed with Granthes RIGfix(dont ask me why... )
It could be that EA still needs to update those objects.

If you do not have Fast Lane(and i understand why) then your stuck with the basegame vehicles.
This doesn;t mean you can not create custom cars tho....
You can for instance switch the settings from the wheeljoints between the vehicles
The screenshot is the carused1(the small cheap one) but with the joint(rig)setup of the Ambitions firetruck.
And altho i haven't tried it yet i am sure you can also switch front and rear axle settings between the vehicles, wich gives you even more options.

Each car has its own unique script and each has something nice in it.
Some have 4 recolours, other 3.
The hatchback shows 4 sims(or 5 with a baby) when traveling. all others 2(3withbaby)
The carused1 one has very nice specific settings on the glass
Firetruck has real lightbeams(like in sims2)
etc

Also the detail setup is diffrent, no idea why they did that.....
Carused1 uses just one high detail and one low detail and one shadow.
While others haver 3 detail and 3 shadow meshes.

I said more complicater because you need the old rig editors for Fast Lane and the new ones for basegame and other EP's
And since i work with TSRW i also needed plugins for both, but there are.

I use TSRW .025 with Peters S3PE plugins, both x86 and 64bit.
The x86 plugin is linked to S3PE 32 bit with Atavera's old Rig editor.
The 64bit plugin is linked to S3PE 64 bit with Atavera's new Rig editor.

And all works fine
You do not have to use the 64bit because TSRW also has a old S3PE plugin included wich you also can use.
You then link each to a S3PE 32 bit version with diffrent RIG editors

Only problem i am facing is that Fast Lane cars do not have sound when basegameplayers install the car.
But since each car uses the same rig settings it is easier to change the scriptclass to one of the basegamecars when done.
It does change the carspeed and other effects(when used)
Example you find at TSR(the a/c cobra)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#3 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 7:05 PM
I don't think the complexity of making cars has changed at all. TSRW .28 works with the current S3PE plugin and the the new _RIG editor. Although I haven't made any new cars to see if moving axles is easier, it should not be any harder than before. So assuming you play it safe and clone a base game car, the only real thing is finding the close enough wheelbase. As, Bloom mentioned, you can change the script down the road; using either an EA script or a custom one. This removes the speed and seat limitations. Glass is always changeable though.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 7:30 PM
Well, the format on the RIGs has changed so you will need to install the new plugin next to the old one.(the new rig editor does not support both.)
And i wasn't talking about the normal glass settings Morphead but talking about the MTNF parameters used and the strange jointassignement used on it.
check the car out
Forum Resident
#5 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Well, the format on the RIGs has changed so you will need to install the new plugin next to the old one.(the new rig editor does not support both.)
And i wasn't talking about the normal glass settings Morphead but talking about the MTNF parameters used and the strange jointassignement used on it.
check the car out

What car exactly has these windows? I'll look into it. As for having to use two versions I don't understand your reasoning. TSRW and S3PE have been updated to clone the new _RIG format. If you clone a base game car with the new format the new tools will work fine, yes? Perhaps I'm missing something then :/

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Alchemist
#6 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphead
What car exactly has these windows? I'll look into it. As for having to use two versions I don't understand your reasoning. TSRW and S3PE have been updated to clone the new _RIG format. If you clone a base game car with the new format the new tools will work fine, yes? Perhaps I'm missing something then :/
I think it's because Base also uses the Fast Lane cars as his clone and he has said it uses the old rigging. If this is the case then, presumably, you would need the old tools to work with that rigging.

Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
However.....Alot of objects stll use the old rigging and so do the Fast Lane cars.
I'm curious to know why you say this car is using the old rigging Base. If you clone them as-is, edit, and then use the rig fix on them to get them to work in-game that sounds like they have the new rigging (?). Which other objects have you run into that are using the old rigging?
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 12:39 AM
i suspect they use the old rigging because their Rig's can only be edited with the old tools.

Another object is the car as junkpile i once uploaded here at MTS2, like others i thought i needed to fix the file but it still works fine after the patch(and after installing Pets)
And i did change the routing and slot positions on that object.
so i checked the original junkpile and that one also uses a RIG format i only can edit with the old tools.(same as the Fast Lane cars)
The piles come with Ambitions
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 7:04 PM
This old rig problem could be caused by S3OC (or its developers) not having caught onto EA's new policy for patching. Can you name any other objects that still appear to have an old format rig so I can test the fix?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:13 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 12th Nov 2011 at 9:32 PM.
The junkpiles from Ambitions, or atleast the biggest one
I personal think that the patch didn't change much on the rigs tho because i still can edit all basegame rigs with the old tools.
Only rigs that are cloned cause problems

If i browse the vehicle rigs in the gamefiles(fullbuild) i can edit them with Atavera's old tools but when i clone a vehicle with S3OC or TSRW the RIG is corrupt and i can no longer use the tools on them,
#10 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:25 PM
yeah we're simply not picking up the new rigs consistently with s3oc. They are there in the patches

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:34 PM
i know, but now TSRW and S3OC kills the old format rigs during cloning?
Atleast on all the basegame vehicles
#12 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 11:28 PM
no there was something wrong with it. Fix out soon.