Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 64 (Who?), Viewed: 10504 times.
Page 3 of 3
Instructor
#51 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 4:14 AM
Well, what I do is play with an integrated economy, meaning Sims don't use Maxis jobs for the most part, they buy and sell from each other's businesses. If I did use Maxis jobs, I would have the mod that keeps Sims at a certain level - by Cyjon, I believe, so that they are not making so much money so quickly. Also, there are taxes and loans and child support to pay in my hoods. So if a Sim of mine is rich, it is because she EARNED it.

There are lots of threads here on economy. Just search economy or integrated economy.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Inventor
#52 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 4:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv Lukas
Well, what I do is play with an integrated economy, meaning Sims don't use Maxis jobs for the most part, they buy and sell from each other's businesses. If I did use Maxis jobs, I would have the mod that keeps Sims at a certain level - by Cyjon, I believe, so that they are not making so much money so quickly. Also, there are taxes and loans and child support to pay in my hoods. So if a Sim of mine is rich, it is because she EARNED it.

There are lots of threads here on economy. Just search economy or integrated economy.

How do you make them pay the taxes? Is there a mod that makes the money disappear from their accounts or something ? I only do child support for one sim since I usually dont split up my families too often.
Scholar
#53 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 6:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcgb53191
How do you make them pay the taxes? Is there a mod that makes the money disappear from their accounts or something ? I only do child support for one sim since I usually dont split up my families too often.

You have to manually subtract the money from their account. I use Monique's computer for this it has an option to "donate" but the money goes nowhere. There's not a mod that does it automatically as far as I know.

The computer is on this site in the game mod section.

I've never been able to get the familyfunds cheat to work properly in my game but supposedly you can also deduct money that way.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 11:36 AM
The mods that I use to reduce wealth:

Job Stoppinator. Prevents sims from getting promotions above levels I allow them. Accounts for and prevents chance/hobby card promotions and also AL reputation promotions.
Lower Wages / Replacement Wages. The former cuts down the EP wages to more resemble the base game wages, the latter cuts all salaries by between about 50% and 67%.
Expensive NPCs (only in MATY's Director's Cut). Increases the per-hour cost of the various service NPCs.
No Reputation Rewards. Stops sims randomly getting expensive computers and TVs (among other things).
Random Job Offer. Available in equal or random chances. Changes the number of jobs available from computer/paper from 5/3 to anywhere between 0 and 5/3. Increases pressure for a sim to get any job that's going rather than waiting for their ideal job (unless they've got a ton of money).

Other useful mods:

Maternity Pay Fix. Sims don't get maternity pay on days off, choosing to go to work doesn't give you double pay and takes away a vacation day.
No Life Insurance. Removes the money sims get when someone dies of old age.

Non-mods/gameplay habits I have:

Different careers have different education and aspiration/personality requirements. According to a sim's aspiration/personality, they have a few select jobs they can apply for. Along with NPC careers 1 and NPC Careers 2, this limits the chances a sim will land an Oceanography or Natural Science career.
University (Bachelor's Degree) costs money (also Associate's degree, Master's Degree and Doctorate).
Like Clashfan, I also use Monique's computer for taxes to donate the money. I do use the banking feature to give sims opportunities to save for college, but it seems to be a bit unbalanced in that it gives out too much money with a longer lifespan mod (I'll probably need to tax interest gained).
Taxation is done currently as a percentage of a family's money, but that might change in the future. Families that have less than $1k cash don't pay any tax, while those who have $150k+ are taxed at 70%.
I've also started to incorporate random events, and one of the major events that could occur is a family losing all of their money.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Scholar
#55 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 9:54 PM Last edited by FranH : 25th Mar 2012 at 9:31 PM.
If one wants to actually have a sim collect the taxes from a household on a daily or weekly basis, there is this mod:

http://www.modthesims.info/d/203984 Monique's automatic payer book.

It allows you many, many options for payment of various amounts (and you can set the amounts) from the 'payee' to the 'payer'.

It works in my game-which is all the EP's. (sometimes too efficiently-my sims are poor!)
Scholar
DELETED POST
24th Mar 2012 at 9:56 PM
This message has been deleted by simsample. Reason: Duplicate
Inventor
#56 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM
Thanks Katya this is exactly what I was looking for!!!
Forum Resident
#57 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 2:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
If one wants to actually have a sim collect the taxes from a household on a daily or weekly basis, there is this mod:

http://www.modthesims.info/d/203984- Monique's automatic payer book.

It allows you many, many options for payment of various amounts (and you can set the amounts) from the 'payee' to the 'payer'.

It works in my game-which is all the EP's. (sometimes too efficiently-my sims are poor!)

This mod takes out the money you specify *twice* - once when you play the payer family and the second time when you play payee's family. So to keep the amount of the money payed as high as you want it, you need to divide it by two when you're setting it with this mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 5:51 PM
The link doesn't work. But if it's landlord mod, then for some reason it can't be found in my game anymore, although I used it successfully in the past. Maybe something overwrites it.
Scholar
#59 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 9:32 PM
I had to edit the link, because it had one extra character, and that was the wrong character! It works now, believe or not.
Inventor
#60 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 1:50 AM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 26th Mar 2012 at 5:04 AM. Reason: More reading more questions hehe..
Quote:
Originally Posted by katya_stevens

1. So how do these extra/non-extra(associates) degrees work? Does my sim use Moniques computer so I can do that extra stuff that it tells me to do (writing articles and such) in the regular hood or do my sims stay at uni? What does it mean by attending by correspondence? I read the pages still slighty confused though lol. (or maybe I'm just stupid? )

2. Does the NPC jobs set come up as LTWs?

3. You use both Lower wages and Replace defaults? So does that mean the lower wages takes off money of the default set you download?

4. How do you do the whole having the random events? Do you use a dice?
Forum Resident
#61 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 10:59 AM
Quote:
1. So how do these extra/non-extra(associates) degrees work? Does my sim use Moniques computer so I can do that extra stuff that it tells me to do (writing articles and such) in the regular hood or do my sims stay at uni? What does it mean by attending by correspondence? I read the pages still slighty confused though lol. (or maybe I'm just stupid? )

Don't worry about it -- these are largely for my benefit/background information and as such utilise a lot of various hacks to get it just so

For the Master/Doctorate degrees, I have InTeen and Residential Graduates to allow adults to stay on university. If you don't have InTeen/don't want it you could just set up a small new sub-'hood for your post-degree education. Writing articles is done using Monique's computer (and also used to pay for tuition by donating.), and I personally link it to the skills needed for their LTW career. To take an example, Nicky Feverstein had the LTW to get to the top of the Architecture career, and thus needed a Master's degree. Once he'd gotten his Bachelor's (the game's default degree) he and his girlfriend moved from the dorms to residential housing. He spent an extra two years (which in my game is seven days as I have a slower aging hack) on campus, writing articles (on logic, creativity and mechanical, the required skills for an architecture career) and a paper (novel) before getting his Master's degree. When a sim gets a non-Bachelor's degree I make a note in their profile and add a small poster in to their inventory (as their 'degree').

Attending by correspondance: a sim is not moved to a special university sub-hood. They go along with their regular life while also filling in the requirements to graduate. To take an example, Ralph Leighton also has a LTW to reach the top of the Architecture career, but as he moved in as an adult, he is blocked from attending university the normal way. He instead decides to take a correspondance course where he follows the requirements for a university degree but from home. He thus has to fit his work (writing articles and the such) around his job, his wife, and helping to raise his children.

Quote:
2. Does the NPC jobs set come up as LTWs?

Unfortunately not. I use them to make it more difficult for a sim to get a decently-paying job. The only custom careers that I know of that come with LTWs are the ones taken from the Life Stories game (Entertainment and Game Development).

Quote:
3. You use both Lower wages and Replace defaults? So does that mean the lower wages takes off money of the default set you download?

Sorry, that was a confusion on my part. I use the replacement defaults but included lower wages because they are of a similar use. It is completely possible to modify either file to reflect much lower wages if you so wish (so, for example, lv. 10 in Nat Sci gives a sim $6,298 for the lower wages mod, $5,065 for the replacement default. You could take the $6,298 and reduce it by 50-67% to get a value between $2,078 and $3,149 and put that value in to whichever file you wish).

Quote:
4. How do you do the whole having the random events? Do you use a dice?

I use a Random Occurance Scenario program. It's simple to use and make your own file -- I click and drag the relevant file (as I have a ton, including some for random number and name generation) on to the .exe and it brings up a set of random dice rolls (d2, d4, d6, d10, d12, d20, d100). Some events are either/or (like sleepovers), some require a sliding scale (lose d100 percentage of your family funds).

I think we're taking this off-topic so if you have further questions it might be better to PM me.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Inventor
#62 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 7:24 PM
Quote:
I think we're taking this off-topic so if you have further questions it might be better to PM me.

I sent you one
Scholar
#63 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 7:55 PM
Quote:
writing articles (on logic, creativity and mechanical, the required skills for an architecture career)

How do you write articles? I know novels, blogging, and restaurant guides . . .
Inventor
#64 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 8:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
How do you write articles? I know novels, blogging, and restaurant guides . . .

You needs Moniques computer, I think.
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 5:06 AM
I use a lot of mods to keep my sims poor, but when one family managed to get rich despite me, I had them make loans to other sims using Monique's automatic payment mod; whatever profits they make either get spent on random stuff (the current heads of household are Pleasure sims) or else loaned back out. I also had them "build" the town's first apartment complex, using familyfunds to send them the rent they should be collecting (less a fee for the maintenance lady, of course).
Page 3 of 3

Section jump