Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 1:41 AM
Default Decent games for PS3?
I'm contemplating blowing my tax return on a ps3 so I can play Final Fantasy 13. It just seems a little much for just one game.

SWAY MY DECISION
Advertisement
Rubric Wrangler
#2 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 2:15 AM
Uncharted series and LittleBigPlanet. Awesome and awesomer (not necessarily in order).

I rest my case.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 6:49 AM
Burnout Paradise is awesome I also liked You Don't Know Jack (sarcastic trivia game), and Limbo a lot
Forum Resident
#4 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 8:37 AM
I think the better choice for gaming would be to buy me a fancy gaming computer. No regrets; it will be used for lots of games!
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 4:27 PM
any of the call of dutys, battlefield 3 , mass effect 3 ,dark souls ,skyrim ,saints row:the third?

and i also agree on what Element Leaf said.
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 4:41 PM
I bought my hubby a PS3 for his birthday last year and he seems to be enjoying it. He loves the Assassin's Creed games
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 10:00 PM
Well, I got my PS3 specifically to play Metal Gear Solid 4, so I know what you mean about dropping cash for a single game and not really feeling justified in the purchase. However, if you like games other than RPGs (personally I have always loved them but FF13 was not my cup of tea at all) there are a lot of really great games. It depends on what you're into.
Little Big Planet is tons of fun.
Uncharted and Uncharted 2 are amazing - 3 is good but not up to the bar they set with 2.
Batman Arkham City is just about THE perfect game.
Any of the Lego games are so much fun, cheap, damn cute and funny. (I recommend starting with Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga, especially if you know the movies.) Heavy Rain is a beautiful game, but can be tricky control-wise.
Resident Evil 5 is good.
Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are phenomenal.
Red Dead Redemption is fantastic (GTA on horseback), and Saints Row the Third is effin brilliant (GTA on meth/coke/ecstacy).
Any of these games can be bought at a GameStop or EB or what have you, used for cheap.

I don't play FPS so I can't comment on any of the COD or MW games. And the upside to PS3 for me is that they have a great back catalog of classic PS games, and eventually will offer more PS2 games too.