Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 4102 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 2:34 PM Last edited by ATS Sandy : 3rd Apr 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Default Editing the pie menu - Ooops, new question (04/03)
Sorry, I know this has been asked before and I remember having read precise instructions by Twallan, but I've searched and searched in the forums, without success, I don't find that thread...

How can we edit a pie menu to replace the phrasing of an action? I know it involves adding a script but I can't find the coding anymore. *blush*

Thank you for your help!
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
staff: moderator
#2 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 5:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS Sandy
How can we edit a pie menu to replace the phrasing of an action?
If only want to change the phrasing, a custom STBL resource that overrides the related string should suffice. If you tell me what exact interaction it is, I can probably tell you the key of the entry you need to override. (It's a pain to find them in the game's STBL resources...)

Robot Armed With Down Comforter Levels Apartment Building, Holds Mayor Hostage.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:12 PM
Oooh, nice!
It's the one for "Play Dominoes". Thank you!
#4 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 9:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS Sandy
It's the one for "Play Dominoes". Thank you!
Ok, that's

"Gameplay/Objects/HobbiesSkills/DominoTable:PlayDominoesWith" - 0x4D442219037B2F52
"Gameplay/Objects/HobbiesSkills/DominoTable:DareDevilPlayDominoesWith" - 0xFEB30C18CDEA41FA
"Gameplay/Objects/HobbiesSkills/DominoTable:NBPPlayDominoesWith" - 0x19F8C786C4DED14A (NBP = Natural Born Performer)

You know how overriding strings basically goes?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 2:56 PM
Thank you again!
I'm afraid to not know what to do. I've read the "Localized coding" tutorial, but it helps to create a new STBL, not to replace... *blush*
So, extra help would be super welcome! I'm such a newbie. *rolleyes* Thanks for your time!
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 8:04 AM
Ok, just make a new package file with S3PE and add a new STBL resource in there.

The actual value of the resource ID isn't that important, but the first byte (from the left) must be the locale code of the language you want to overwrite, e.g. 00 for English. Also AFAIR the id must be lower than the value of the EAxian STBL's id containing the original entries.

So, if you got that far, you can just right-click on the STBL resource in S3PE and select "Edit STBL". That will open a simple editor. Enter one of the hash values in the text field on the lower left and click on Add. Then enter the text you want for that entry in the text field on the right. Repeat for all keys and finally click on Save. Save the package and try it in the game. HTH

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 7:32 PM Last edited by ATS Sandy : 3rd Apr 2012 at 10:26 PM.
Thank you, it worked beautifully!

Edit: Ooops, I spoke too soon. It worked beautifully for the first game, but actually, it replaces the strings for the dominoes as well, and if I want to have a third game, it will use the same strings as well. I would have liked if it didn't replace the Dominoes strings, and if I could have had a "play monopoly", "play scrabble"...
What am I doing wrong here?
#8 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 12:30 PM
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Stupid RL and stuff.

String replacements are global and static. So if you want situation-specific behavior, you'll need a script mod, sorry.

Section jump