Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 2:55 PM Last edited by ac220 : 9th Apr 2012 at 11:09 PM.
Default How do you alter a custom mesh?
I really never did TS2 meshing before, although I do some (crappy) high-poly 3D now and then, and know my faces from my normals. But, well, there's that outfit I absolutely must have in my game, it's worth a few weeks of churning out practice meshes... So, I'm going through HP/Tig's tutorials now and all goes relatively nice, except for UV parts, but that's just, well, me being bad at pixel-pushing, I can do it, but I'm very slow.

Anyway, what I'm having a real problem with is that I'd really like to try and mod somebody else's custom mesh (for personal use, not for upload) and HP mentions that you can't do it the way you do EAXis meshes. So, how it's different? Do you just clone a similar Eaxis mesh the usual way and then replace its GMDC with one from the custom mesh, or am I completely misunderstanding the issue here?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ac220
Do you just clone a similar Eaxis mesh the usual way and then replace its GMDC with one from the custom mesh, or am I completely misunderstanding the issue here?

Yes, you can do it that way. Or, if you don't want the original custom mesh, you can export and alter its GMDC and re-import it right back into the custom mesh package.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 9:20 PM
Ok, thanks, I want to keep both meshes, so I'll go on with my way then.