Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 21 (Who?), Viewed: 2637 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:14 AM
Sims 1 Musical Nostalgia
Does anyone else fondly remember the loading screen music from the Sims 1? Specifically from the Vacation Expansion Pack? I've been really missing hearing "bo dango byado" over and over again. I wonder where I could find it....

I also can't hear parts of Weird Al's Poodlehat album without thinking of the buy/build mode music and craving Trident Original (we were strange in our playing habits).

Any other musical memories from the Sims 1?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:34 AM
I always cut the music off on Sims 1 and 2. I wouldn't recognize any sims 1 music.

"Death cannot stop true love; it can only delay it for awhile." Westley to Buttercup "The Princess Bride"
Inventor
#3 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:42 AM
I didn't get too much of a chance to play the sims1 (it belonged to my cousin) but the one sound bite that I will forever have in my head is when a sim was fired or the Grim showed up! I've found it on youtube a couple of times lol, & it does bring back memories. I do wish that Sims2 Grim would have a little theme song, sometimes I get so distracted with one sim that I don't even notice when Grim shows up for someone else until the urn is sitting on the floor.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:47 AM
I found my vacation music! Now I want to find an mp3 of it to download and put under the "World" radio station...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwXVOO0gl0

I played the Sims 1 at my neighbor's house. He, my younger sister, and I had quite the set up for our afternoons of play.
Instructor
#5 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:50 AM
The band Lemon Jelly has many sims 2 tunes. They're on youtube along with Sims 1, 2, and 3 music. I haven't listened anywhere else. While it's digressing from topic, I am listening to Sim City 2000 music as I read this.
Instructor
#6 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:58 AM
I've copy pasted nearly everything from Sims 1 music into my S2 stations. I couldn't find Glabe glarn, but I have Oogie Oogie Ooo.

eta: And with Lazybum's link, I have Glabe Glarn!
Scholar
#7 Old 25th May 2012 at 3:00 AM
I have a youtube playlist of my favorite sims 1 songs, most are from Vacation and rap songs.

This site you can download some, but they dont have the ones from the EPs besides Superstar. But they have the base game and other video games.

http://downloads.khinsider.com/game...tracks/browse/S
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:24 AM
You can also get the music from the Sims 1 discs themselves. Follow the pathway that starts at "my computer", then programs, Maxis, Sims 1 and the music folder. You'd want some of the selections from the various folders there including (especially, I should say) the buy and build modes, but there's also folders for the various expansions. What? You no longer have The Sims installed on your computer?? What's wrong with you??? Quick - install it so you can have some wonderful nostalgic-filled fun!!! And, yes, it's just as awesome as it was when it first came out.

" Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
What? You no longer have The Sims installed on your computer?? What's wrong with you??? Quick - install it so you can have some wonderful nostalgic-filled fun!!! And, yes, it's just as awesome as it was when it first came out.

I would love to be able to do that but it was never my game, just my neighbor's, and I don't even know if he still has the discs, plus, he's a PC and I'm a Mac so it wouldn't work.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:44 AM
That's a shame. There was something about finding the Mac compatible version, but I don't remember what that was. I thought most discs were usable on either. I'm glad you found the music in other ways.

" Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th May 2012 at 6:12 AM
There is some more music here: http://dionysusdreams.livejournal.com/21026.html
Scholar
#12 Old 25th May 2012 at 6:22 AM
Awesome link pinkrose! bookmarking it, thanks. I've been wanting to add a bunch of sims 1 music to my game.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th May 2012 at 7:53 AM
Wow, thanks for the links, guys! This brought back so many memories!

Vacation was always my favorite expansion. I loved having my sims camp out in igloos!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:09 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 9th Nov 2013 at 3:35 AM.
I love The Sims 1 music. I created a listing of the music and composers for each for my Samsung Galaxy phone while listening to it on bus rides. Here's the weblink for that list I complied. There's still lots of blanks, so if anyone would like to help out with finishing this compilation (especially for those Hot Date restaurant music), please PM or e-mail me.

Those titles in parenthesis are names of the music from certain production music libraries. I don't think it's available anymore, I'll have to check that out.

Check out "Quick As A Flash!" 1952 Sims TV Pilot Episode for your Sim's game show cravings.
Check out "The Adventures of Superman" Digital Comic Books for fun with Superman in The Sims 2.
Check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 25th May 2012 at 10:43 AM
Sims 1 music brings nostalgia which sims 2 never seems to do for me -- I downloaded all the music a while back and have it on my computer/MP3 player as I go. My favourites have to be the non-build/buy Superstar songs and the loading screen songs for Makin' Magic and On Vacation.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 25th May 2012 at 11:29 AM
It's all I use in my Maxis-Match game for 'hood, buy and build, honestly. I turned the TS2 stuff off.

"It's a royal pain in the ass, I know, but it turns out most 11-year-old girls don't know jack shit about managing hangovers." - MinghamSmith
Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
Quite possibly the owner of the largest TS2 downloads folder on this site. Last count: 75 GB
Instructor
#17 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:33 PM
Vacation was also one of my favorites. My favorite hotels were made for that one. They were impossible to make for Bon Voyage though. So they'll forever be in my memory.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th May 2012 at 4:06 PM
You can get the .mp3s directly off the CD. I had Oogie Boogie going through my head a couple of weeks ago and added it to my "pops" folder in the Sims2 game. I need to get all the Zydeco from the Unleashed cd next.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th May 2012 at 4:24 PM
I particularly love the music from Makin' Magic.

I really do need to look into putting Sims 1 music in my Sims 2 game.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th May 2012 at 4:59 PM
Never played Sims 1 myself...but I saw it for $3 at Goodwill...I was tempted, but then I realized that I'd be wanting all the EPs for it, so I said no.

I do like the shopping music, didn't that come with OFB?

My Riverblossom Hills blog! Alexandra's Riverblossom Hills
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th May 2012 at 6:47 PM
I had Sims 1 loaded on by other laptop before it was cleaned out to make a Linux based machine. Before it was wiped, I grabbed all of the music from the game and dropped it into the appropriate Sims 2 folders on my current gaming machine. I must admit it kinda rounds out the selection if you want to keep the "Sims flavor" of music on the radio stations. I also thought that the music from superstar was pretty awesome!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 25th May 2012 at 7:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurdlelocker
Does anyone else fondly remember the loading screen music from the Sims 1? Specifically from the Vacation Expansion Pack? I've been really missing hearing "bo dango byado" over and over again.

My favorite was the one that was all beachy steel drums and the like and then broke into a chorus of yodeling.

My overall favorite, of course, is pretty much any song off the Makin' Magic EP, which was and still remains my concept of The Perfect EP. Not an autumn goes by that I don't play the soundtrack multiple times. And and and the Unleashed zydeco and the Superstar big band themes and whatever genre the other tracks from it count as... and the hilarious House Party disco tracks... Shaka do thang oh shaka doh now...! Oogie Oogie Ooh ahg oogie ooh ooh!

Section jump