Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 12:12 AM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 21st Aug 2017 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Typos
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim
LOL even mario looks better than the sims 4

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. The reflections on the taxi windows look better, but the shadows look off as if they don't quite project from the scene's light sources correctly–you can see a part near the man's right shoe where there is no shadow projecting when there should be–and the texture quality looks like a down-sampled 512x512 size. There is obvious blurring on the railing and steps of the building on the left. I'm not noticing much DOF in the background, leaving the LODs easily exposed. The image looks like a bad render of a 2008-era console game.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 12:14 AM
The pudding, christ. Now of course it doesn't matter as much when you're good at creating Sims and know how to avoid creating puddings, but even then you'll find creating a good-looking Sim to be a challenge.
And like I've said before, all iterations of the Sim design look a bit shit. Besides Medieval, Sims have always been ugly. Sims were designed by a bunch of idiots for another bunch of idiots, and only we the Sim fanatics know any better.
And there's no doubt in my mind that not only 2's and 3's, but also 4's Sims can look great in the right hands. I can bullshit about TS3's supposed superiority as much as I like but in the end, it all comes down to whichever game you're most familiar with. For me that's 3, and I love 3 and I think it's the best Sims game overall, but I'd be lying if I said the other games don't make me jealous sometimes.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#103 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 2:09 AM
Aren't we kinda beating a dead horse with this topic at this point? I'm not really sure why this thread was resurrected. It's been said a million times, TS4 has a lot of poor texturing with its graphics. There's not much that can be done about it at this point in the game's life cycle, so why are we still talking about it?

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Instructor
#104 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Aren't we kinda beating a dead horse with this topic at this point?

yes...but it's so fun

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Page 5 of 5