Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:43 PM
Default So which mod broke the CAS Clothing Sort Order?
Does anybody know which mod broke the clothing sort order. I have been trying to weed through it, but i have over a hundred mods now.

All clothes appear in every category instead of skirts, shirts jeans, etc. showing up in their own categories.

I've already gone through the compilation list and removed everything I had that was on that list.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:56 PM
The sort order is fine when I remove my clothing subfolder, leaving all the other mods in. Putting back any single clothing item breaks it again. So I'm afraid there's something else than mod incompatibility going on :/
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 7:07 PM
As Nuliette alluded to, I don't believe there's any one piece of CC that did it; from what I've been hearing, all custom clothing is the issue.

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 7:47 PM
It’s not one mod, it’s a format change in CAS parts that broke everything. Downloaders will either have to wait for a game update, or for the authors of mods to fix each one individually, or fix it themselves. The actual change appears to be pretty simple (group/instance ID needs to have the high bit NOT set now, unlike what it says in the Maxian specs; see here) but it would of course be rather tedious to change each and every piece of CC .. I’d suggest you check the EA forums for updates (just stalk SimGuruModSquad for the interesting info) before doing anything drastic.

If this is all there is to it, default *texture* replacements should still be fine btw. I’m using eye and other defaults that only contain textures and I currently have no issues with CAS. If you don’t know what your downloads contain exactly, you can ask the author or open them in s4pe to take a look.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:12 PM
Thanks, I had to look this up to understand it. Appreciate knowing they didn't do it on purpose and will wait for a fix from the developer of the game.

high bit

(computing) The most significant bit in the binary representation of a number
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:40 PM
Oh, sorry. The high bit thing means basically "Modders, please give your stuff a number that is higher than X -- we will give our stuff numbers that are lower than X, so we can both be sure we're not using the same numbers for anything and therewith confusing the game".

The CAS part changes are more than just that, though -- there's internal changes too from what I've seen so far, it's not just the way things are numbered.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nuliette
The sort order is fine when I remove my clothing subfolder, leaving all the other mods in. Putting back any single clothing item breaks it again. So I'm afraid there's something else than mod incompatibility going on :/

I still have broken filters in a vanilla game though. I'm about to try my fourth clean folder to see what happens. And then I give up till it's fixed.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:49 PM
Looks like a fix for this is forthcoming, and it sounds like it won't necessitate re-making any items. Good news!

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Looks like a fix for this is forthcoming, and it sounds like it won't necessitate re-making any items. Good news!

Sweet, because I was recreating a sim and it was a pain in the but not being able to find clothes XD