Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I have to say I would like to see a trait for people like me. Let me explain, I wouldn't call myself a loner as I love chatting with and hanging out with people. There is nothing I like more then talking about a good book, film, game, or history with people but I can't stand the noise or the rush rush rush of city life. In other words I like having people over but I don't like running around and I don't like leaving home much and yet almost everyone I meet likes me and thinks of me as a people person. I guess if I was a fictional character I would be either Rockmefeller Todd or Bilbo Baggins. My point is that the closest trait to what I am is Loner, but since that type of sim can get stressed out by too many people ever if it is their own family, that does not really describe me.

I would love to see a trait added for "Homebody" or "Doesn't like to leave home" for people like me who like other people but are settled in our little ways and would rather not deal with the noise of town or city life.

Does this make sense to anyone else or am I just crazy?

You mean introverted? It would've been nice to call it that, because "introverted" means more than "I want to be alone all the time". But I suppose they wanted to keep it as simple as possible. It's pretty much Introverted, though, since the Social need decays slower than other sims' and Loner sims get a positive moodlet when alone. The opposite of it would be Social Butterfly.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 12:42 PM
Oh, that is in there? I must have missed it.

Sorry.
Alchemist
#53 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Oh, that is in there? I must have missed it.

Sorry.

No, sorry, it's my bad, I didn't word it properly. I meant to say that "Introverted" would be a better way to call the Loner trait.
Scholar
#54 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 11:32 AM
I would much prefer things if occult characters were a little less common. Perhaps I should say less 'visible'. I mean, I have a whole town that I devote to fairies, but elsewhere I'd like things to be a bit more ordinary. One of the things that put me off Island Paradise was that suddenly there were mermaids all over the place. I've no objection to mermaids, but It takes away some of the magic and fantasy if you can meet them every day on the streets..

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#55 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 7:14 PM
I'd like sliders for occult types. But then again, there's a mod by NRAAS for that. Sort of. Also, slobs need to have some chance of slight 'bladder failure' when farting. I mean, in real life, sometimes a fart will come with a lump.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 7:25 AM
I love the NRaas version of story progression though I would still love to not have kids being auto-enrolled in school when their family moves into town and when toddlers age up they should also have to get manually enrolled in school.I'd also rather have enrollement be manual so I could choose what school my sims got to or if they're getting home-schooling instead because they live too far to attend a school.Making it manual enrollement would solve a lot of the issues we keep getting with overcrowded schools and kids still attending overcrowded schools even when another is added.
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 4:57 PM
eat the popcorn with their hands instead of a spoon
Mad Poster
#58 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
if you want two toddlers to interact aside from the dollhouse or blocks table, I highly recommend Cherry92's Toddler Interactions, it's awesome.

According to the comments in that thread, the mod has not been updated since a while...I am on 1.63. I really don't know if i am willing to try.
Though, I saw I had thanked and downloaded it..so I use to have it. lol.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#59 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 6:53 AM
I've had that toddler interaction Mod installed for a while and I'm on 167 though it works in my game because Sandi Campbell eats dog food if her parents can't get her a bottle in time.
Alchemist
#60 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
According to the comments in that thread, the mod has not been updated since a while...I am on 1.63. I really don't know if i am willing to try.
Though, I saw I had thanked and downloaded it..so I use to have it. lol.

I'm on 1.63 as well and it works fine for me
For those with patch 1.67, claudiasharon posted an updated version on her Tumblr, here.
Alchemist
#61 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I'm on 1.63 as well and it works fine for me
For those with patch 1.67, claudiasharon posted an updated version on her Tumblr, here.

I don't understand why people like to share their own mods in their tumblr. I mean, it's easier to navigate a mod in a mod repository site like MTS or Sims Asylum. Not to mention, it's not like most of us will run across tumblrs like these. :/

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#62 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:14 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 6th Jul 2015 at 1:17 AM. Reason: I cannot spell nor think straight.
Exactly..but in this case, it is not the modder her/himself who posted the update..it was someone else on their tumblr, with their permission. The original modder is away since a while, and i do not think any update was made otherwise.
Oh, and thank you Sweetdevil, and TadOlson for letting me know it works for you. I will put this back in! and enjoy my first daycare adventure.

#63 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:52 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 6th Jul 2015 at 7:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I don't understand why people like to share their own mods in their tumblr. I mean, it's easier to navigate a mod in a mod repository site like MTS or Sims Asylum. Not to mention, it's not like most of us will run across tumblrs like these. :/

I suspect the reason that some people don't upload to places like here is because they have to dance to someone elses tune as regarding uploading rules here and being your own boss, with your own way of offering downloads has to be attractive. In some cases some creators don't wish to confront the rules and quality control issues here. You have to submit your creation in a certain way here. There is a method and there are rules. Some people have complained that getting an upload on MTS is 'hard to do' and probably think why bother with MTS if you can host it yourself?

I am not saying for one moment that creators who prefer to use their own sites for hosting their downloads aren't quality conscious - some have been amazing (brntwaffles and the lighting mods for example) but one or two things I've downloaded from other tumblrs and other similar sites would certainly have not got past first base here for one reason or another.
Alchemist
#64 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
I suspect the reason that some people don't upload to places like here is because they have to dance to someone elses tune as regarding uploading rules here and being your own boss, with your own way of offering downloads has to be attractive. In some cases some creators don't wish to confront the rules and quality control issues here. You have to submit your creation in a certain way here. There is a method and there are rules. Some people have complained that getting an upload on MTS is 'hard to do' and probably think why bother with MTS if you can host it yourself?

I am not saying for one moment that creators who prefer to use their own sites for hosting their downloads aren't quality conscious - some have been amazing (brntwaffles and the lighting mods for example) but one or two things I've downloaded from other tumblrs and other similar sites would certainly have not got past first base here for one reason or another.

Well, it's true, and I agree with your reasoning. Following MTS submission steps can be quite bothersome and not to mention your submission may be denied, while hosting your mods in your own place is much simpler and with no pressure. Both options have pros and cons, though -- obvious or not. It's just due to my own nature, I prefer to follow the rules. It's easier to read feedback and people will expect to find mods here, as opposed to personal tumblrs. And of course it has nothing to do with quality whatsoever, like aforementioned brntwaffles. It's a matter of navigation and follow-ups.

Tumblr is a microblog that is based on timeline posts, and isn't suitable for a webpage that needs to be frequently accessed, even if the posts about mods are tagged / linked somewhere in the header. After all, we can't guarantee that the owner won't forget to tag it correctly or update their mod link list, or posts that aren't exactly mods are tagged incorrectly. Sites, i.e. wikispaces (Nraas Industries), have better navigation and are more suitable to host mods.

But of course everyone has their rights to decide whichever option they want. If I were myself, I'd make good use of mod sites like MTS.

Just call me Nikel
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#65 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:00 PM
Since thread has already derailed in that direction: if you (yes, I mean you!) have ideas on how to streamline the upload/review process on MTS, you're always welcome to post them in Site Questions and Issues (or Creator Issues if you want to keep it between you and the staff).

Shutting up now. Back to topic and such.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Mad Poster
#66 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:45 PM
Join interaction...we need so much more.
IRL, nothing stops you from asking anyone to join you in everything you do.
The end.

One Minute Ninja'd
#67 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
IRL, nothing stops you from asking anyone to join you in everything you do.
The end.

Well, if you ask someone to join you in a game of Solitaire, it's not Solitaire anymore, right?
Mad Poster
#68 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, if you ask someone to join you in a game of Solitaire, it's not Solitaire anymore, right?

I usually poop alone too. What I meant was....

Test Subject
#69 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 2:37 PM
I want them to be able to play games like Solitaire, board games, etc. I would love for the merry-go-round and the monkey bars to be back in the game. I want to actually be able to run a school, not just have them disappear into a black hole. I want the jump rope action back, just not automatic. I would love for them to be able to have Scout troop meetings at their house/community center and be able to actually go to the events, etc. A working ferris wheel.
Instructor
#70 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:14 PM
I wish the game can be play multiplayer on LAN, that'll be awesome
Field Researcher
#71 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:23 PM
I think having a smooth experience meaning with no bugs/hiccups is pretty much a given and I already mentioned the lack of organization with CC in another thread so aside from that, I just want more diversity.
Specifically, I would say:
-some places not being rabbit holes. schools might be okay to be a rabbit hole but not for example hospitals. It would make things more "colorful" if you could see the mother giving birth. It doesn't have to be graphic (in fact don't make it too graphic) just show the father holding her hand and stuff.
-someone mentioned grounding. I think it's dumb when they ground them sometimes. Like I had my teen stay home alone and the place wasn't even dirty yet she got grounded and her parents are not neat freaks. What the heck?
-I agree that they should add more on likes and dislikes. They should bring back the turn ons/turn offs. Like the wife/girlfriend swooning more when her man has muscles or five o clock shadow whereas if he's too muscly or hairy she could be like ick
-Most importantly fix the jealousy system!! They get mad still because of the romantic reputation (which the mod for it here doesn't work anymore apparently). In this day and age, this system is way too old fashioned. Not every one is monogamous anymore. There are probably so many people now that are in poly amorous/open relationships.
-The careers in music. You are either a guitarist or a singer. You should be able to be both if you want. Also the sim a grams are kinda lame. Make them sound more modern as you advance in your career.

That's all for now but there might be more.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 1:24 PM
- where they put the walls up and down button on the UI
When you're in Build/Buy and you click on it and it expands to the 3 wall options and it's right over the Live Mode button (or Edit Town on Builder's Island). So if I don't remember to straighten out the tilt, when I try to hit 'walls up', it disappears and I then hit Live Mode. I don't remember this being a problem in the beginning, but it's still a stupid place to put that button that needs to expand to 3 choices.
Page 3 of 3