Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 4741 (Who?), Viewed: 165966 times.
Page 190 of 190
Mad Poster
#4726 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:55 PM
Any sim will swim across a pool blocking its route if there's a ladder to act as a portal and suck them in. In Widespot's Swimming Hole, where the pool takes up 80% of the lot, it's common for people to swim in order to get to the picnic tables or to greet someone.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#4727 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:57 PM
but if the newspaper was delivered that way your paper would soggy lol
and the criminal would definitely not make any noise swimming acroos a pool..

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
I am a follow of Susan wainwright the almighty goddess
Scholar
#4728 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:26 PM
from my understanding, there is no visible wetness for anything in this game.
burglar; swimming I think would be audible to just player. burglar alarm would wake sims.
Field Researcher
#4729 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:51 PM
i know that but i was looking at it from a realistic perspective

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
I am a follow of Susan wainwright the almighty goddess
#4730 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
but if the newspaper was delivered that way your paper would soggy lol

Back when I used to deliver newspapers, on rainy days we put them into clear plastic baggies. When tied (and not the cheap ones that split apart at the seams), they kept papers pretty well dry:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...ewspaperbag.jpg

They also made good boot linings for when the snow came up over the top of them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
#4731 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
i know that but i was looking at it from a realistic perspective

Ehhh, not really. You couldn't really hear someone swimming from the inside of your house, as the sound of swimming produces of a frequency kind of the same as a rustle of the falling leafs. Besides, a burglar would be stealthy and would be careful to not speed up as that would make a lot of noice. Even If somebody did heard it, you kinda accept that a lot of things swim in the pool (like animals), so you would eventually get used to the sound and might not come to your mind that as a specific burglar could be trying to breaking into your house while your asleep. Especally talking about somebody that lives in a houseboat, lol.
#4732 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Any sim will swim across a pool blocking its route if there's a ladder to act as a portal and suck them in. In Widespot's Swimming Hole, where the pool takes up 80% of the lot, it's common for people to swim in order to get to the picnic tables or to greet someone.

I'm more of a surprise that it didn't cancel the action of a newspaperboy. He came in, swam up the pool, and drop the newspaper as If nothing happen. They also look that they really enjoy burning extra calories in the pool. It's a bit funny when they do the "ugh, water got in my ears, better pour it out" animation before leaving the lot with trunks/bikini on.
Theorist
#4733 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:42 AM
You can have a date at the same time you are running a business lot?

My business owner was casually talking to some patron and he's like "you know what, I know someone perfect for you - want to be set up on a blind date?" and I accepted and she had a date while running the business.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#4734 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A few wants I've never seen. Aside from a few that were obviously cut, I wonder if they were dummied out or if they're just hard to get to appear.

Childrearing
- Be Kissed by a Grandparent

EP1CUT
- Blow a Barrel Stand with $Neighbor
- Do a Barrel Stand with $Neighbor

EP2Dating
- Get Caught Two-timing
- Have Very 1st Date with $neighbor

EP2LovePotion
- Love Potion #8.5 Backfires

EP2ObjectInteraction
- Request a Song from the DJ

EP3 Crafting
- Marry a Robot
- Purchase a Robot
- WooHoo with Robot

EP3Sales/Shopping
- Sell Expensive Object to $neighbor
- Sell Very Expensive Object to $neighbor
- Sell Ridiculously Expensive Object to $neighbor

EP4StrayPets
- Call $neighbor's Owner

EP8 Objects
- WooHoo in Helicopter with $neighbor

OBSOLETE?
- $neighbor buys my favorite food
- Buy Juice for $neighbor
- Be rejected by $neighbor for Buying them a Juice

There's also a number of wants/fears (usually under Triggers) that are just hexadecimal numbers.

@ihatemandatoryregister

Does the Chris Hatch Orgy Hot Tub need FT or later? If it does work with BV could I a get a link to Chris Hatch's Orgy Hot Tub?

- Request a Song from the DJ, I think I have seen this, but not sure.

I have seen the Want of Purchase a Robot and completed it by buying a Servo
I don't recall if I have seen the Want of WooHoo with a Robot or not, however have completed it by WooHooing with a Servo
I don't recall if it was a Want or a Fear, but I have seen Marry a Robot

I run my game with several Servos ie. Robots. I usually call them Bots myself.

EP8 I don't have and never seen the others either.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
#4735 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:59 AM
Check your PMs. If anyone else wants Chris's hot tub and can't get on BAS, PM me.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Forum Resident
#4736 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:09 AM
Definitely not visible wetness in the game, especially when Sim hairs are not affected by water or gravity. Shoot, even Sims will use the toilet with their pants still up, so I don't see why that has to be censored.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
#4737 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:28 AM
In the Sims 3, they censor horse butts when they pee.

Top Secret Researcher
#4738 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoodle5
Sims will use the toilet with their pants still up, so I don't see why that has to be censored.

They're censoring what's not happening.

It's the explanation for why they censor breastfeeding in TS4 as well; without the censor, you can see that the baby's somehow getting milk right through the shirt. But that's how I see it all the time in TS2 with the censor turned off, so I don't really care. Seeing sim baby's wrist-feed doesn't exactly phase me.
#4739 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:35 AM
Just for giggles, I combined the Newson and Ottomas family in my test hood. The family portrait got a little crowded, and Sharla went missing from it.

Forum Resident
#4740 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:17 AM
Not quite cheaper by the dozen, and that toddler to the left is cut in half. XD

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4741 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:02 AM
The toddler is Garret - he really grows up into a gorgeous red haired adult

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
#4742 Old Yesterday at 6:26 PM
Vampires, in bat form, using the elevator animation is a bit disappointing. Too much clipping happening.

P.S. Speaking of that, I just had a weird glitch/bug. Not sure If the result is positive, but somehow the baby ringtone rang when I directed one to try for baby while the partner was out there skating on a ring
Page 190 of 190