Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 6:35 PM
Default Forcing dithering?
I've been reading a lot about colour depth lately, and 10-bit colours in particular. For those who don't know, 32 bit colour, or 8 bits per channel, only allows for 256 values per channel. This severely limits the colour range that can be displayed and therefore, colour banding might occur. TS3 is particularly bad in this aspect; I'm sure you've noticed the weird bands of colour running across the sky as the sun comes up or goes down in the game.

But what I've also read is that "dithering" will solve this issue. I assume forcing the game to output 10 bit colours won't do much since the sky lighting is stored in an 8 bit image file anyway, but dithering might help. Is there any way to do this?

- Pi

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 8:10 PM
*bump* and another *bump*

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )