Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
M
I thought of something else that (I think?) is in TS3 that I'd like to have. If I'm remembering right, I think in TS3 you can place things on angles other than 45-degrees? That would be occasionally useful.

There is a downloadable type of OMPS that allows for that. Of course I can't think of it's name but you could stand objects or sims on them and they would turn in small degrees. I had the set in my old game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 11:42 AM
The main thing I would like from TS3 is horses, though I didn't like the fact that they'd run around everywhere. But being able to own/ride/breed horses without having any wild ones around would've been great for TS2!

I also liked the variety of small pets and the fact that one could see them whilst out and about (though I'd rather my sims had to buy them in a shop to have one as a pet rather than collecting them on the street!).
Alchemist
#28 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 2:47 PM
I want to be able to have overweight sims, not just sims with a big butt and gut. And if one can dream I would love to see houseboats and running your own resort. Visiting other sims homes is also a fun addition
Undead Molten Llama
#29 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 5:44 PM
Yeah, zorses happen, though they're uncommon since zebras aren't domesticated. So, they generally happen in disreputable zoos where they are bred as novelties to bring in people to see them. Just like white tigers and white alligators and such are deliberately bred as novelties...but don't get me started on that rant. But yeah, they happen, just like mules happen, but mules are far more common because they're deliberately-bred and not as novelties but as rather awesome farm labor for people who still use horse/oxen-drawn farm implements. Horses, donkeys, zebras, etc. are all closely-related and can interbreed (and sometimes their offspring is even fertile, like the offspring of lions and tigers often are), but...Well, I guess I just get tired of people saying that zebras are "striped wild horses." They're not. They're equines, yes, and so are horses, but not all equines are horses, same as not all camelids are camels. Maybe it's just me being pedantic as usual, but...There it is. ANYWAY....

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There is a downloadable type of OMPS that allows for that. Of course I can't think of it's name but you could stand objects or sims on them and they would turn in small degrees. I had the set in my old game.

I think I remember seeing those at some point, but if I'm remembering right, I don't think objects placed on them are usable. Since I'd want to be placing furniture (mostly) on different angles for playing purposes (not just picture-taking purposes), that wouldn't work. Although if I'm wrong about that...

@gazania
Couldn't you just re-Lot-Adjust the lot? Expand it and then re-shrink it correctly? I do that sort of thing all the time when I apparently forget how to count. Yeah, it's going in and out of the game a lot, which can be a pain in the butt depending on your load time, but it's better than having to build from scratch, especially if the lot was complicated to build in the first place.

Generally: I think the reason why I don't covet a lot from the newer games is that 1) I don't like the graphics of the newer games at all, which of course is totally a matter of personal aesthetics. 2) I have no interest in the "main attractions" of the newer games. (Don't want an "open world," story progression is a big NO! for me, and what I've seen of TS4's much-ballyhooed "emotions" just seem weird. Plus, fewer life stages is a minus in my book.) And, most importantly, 3) TS2 has the benefit of 10 years of modding. Pretty much anything that I want is available via a mod. Ownable/rideable horses? Yup. Sure, they're not as fancy as TS3's, but they're serviceable enough for my purposes. Visiting your neighbors? There's a mod for that. (I can't use it because it fatally conflicts with Inteen, which I value more, but....it's out there.) Etc. So, for me, the things I'd want are just little tweaks that aren't possible to mod in for TS2, most of them build-related. And, honestly, there aren't a whole lot of those. So...Yeah, I will remain true to my curmudgeonly TS2 FOREVER! ways.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 8:16 PM
Ha, I'm reminded of a stupid movie, I believe it was called Racing Stripes. About a zebra in a horse race. There were also two horseflies who constantly made poop jokes. It was bad.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#31 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 4:56 PM
From The Sims 4: Travis Scott.

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 3:17 AM
Making Sims look properly overweight instead of just a big butt; the ability to choose different voices; the ability to take a guitar and play it in the park; bikes; the scenery. Other than that I can't really think of anything.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 6:39 AM
All from TS3:BG only-Traits, the new lifetime wants, the more sensible splitting of the generic TS2 Creativity skill into writing, musical, and painting skills, and the recoloring options.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I think wild horses actually exist in the American Southwest and on Chincoteague Island in the East coast.
The ponies that live on Assateague Island, the barrier island to the east of Chincoteague, live in a park. They can't get off the island except for once a year they're rounded up and made to swim off the island so some of them can be sold. You're not supposed to approach them but people do and they come right up to you, poke around your tent at night, stand on the beach in the surf and poop and swat flies. It's fun to watch them but they're pretty tame for 'wild ponies'. They definitely don't run around like in TS3 because they're on an island. I camp there. Once somebody tried to spray one of them with bug spray and a park ranger yelled at him and took his spray away from him which was a good thing because stupid.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 5:39 PM
Really, the only things I miss from newer Sims games are updated graphics (I like TS4 look- smooth, yet not trying too hard to look realistic) and various little things- being able to actually sit on a bed, updated technology (animated tablets and phones and such), various body types, etc. But I'll trade those things for realistic genetics and interesting gameplay any day.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krudyard
.....the ability to take a guitar and play it in the park.....

If you're not averse to using mods, you could download this mod which allows you to access sims' inventories whilst on community lots. That means that you can pop a sim's guitar into their inventory, send them to the park, then take the guitar out and play it. When it's time for them to go home, pop the guitar back into their inventory and they can take it back home with them. It's also great for picnics :-)
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Visiting other sims homes is also a fun addition

There is a mod on Back Alley Sims, from Cris Hatch that allows that. I wanted to try it out, but the site says I'm banned whenever I try to download his mods or access his profile.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
If you're not averse to using mods, you could download this mod which allows you to access sims' inventories whilst on community lots. That means that you can pop a sim's guitar into their inventory, send them to the park, then take the guitar out and play it. When it's time for them to go home, pop the guitar back into their inventory and they can take it back home with them. It's also great for picnics :-)

I love taking sim families for picnics in the park. I would not play without a buy and build enabler.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 11:59 PM
- on laptops I wish they functioned similarly to that of the ones in S3. Being able to shove them into a sims inventory and they can take them out and put them away.
- The holding babies and toddlers when watching tv/talking, basically anything that allows simple multitasking, not to the annoying extreme of sims 4 though.
- Not so much an open world, cause loading times would be a pain and I also play in rotations so no, but a world that traveling is 10x easier, and visiting neighbors is possible. I know there's a mod for it, but i'm pretty sure i have another that conflicts. Also strollers for toddlers and babes. Still amazed double/triple strollers were never made for sims 3.
- As someone else said, Daycares, they were my fave in 3.
- Move a room from 4 is also a feature i would kill for.

And even though this isn't a feature in any game, easily accessible DNA data without opening SimPE
Scholar
#40 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 2:44 AM
If I remember correctly, you could tilt the hood camera further in TS3 than in TS2. That would be cool to have, since that's probsbly the most frustrating thing about TS2!
More slots on surfaces to put stuff on. I have a lot of stuff, and its gotta go somewhere to make them houses pretty.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 3:04 AM
Moar slots http://hafiseazale.livejournal.com/45811.html

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#42 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 7:38 PM

I need those in my life :O
Page 2 of 2