Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 5:55 AM
I try to roll with it. I do tend to have favorites though. An exception I've made is when I accidentally didn't pause once. (I lost Angela Pleasant). Though I did cheat another time. Pascal was pregnant and married to Nervous, and it was an exceptionally difficult pregnancy! One morning he got out of bed, miserable as usual, and died on his way to the kitchen! It was a disaster! Nervous went into aspiration failure, and so did their two children. The other Curious brothers were distraught. I exited without saving and had to reload a couple of times to get him to the kitchen for breakfast without dying. D: He was my favorite sim (is one of my favorites). I couldn't help trying to save him.

This playthrough though, I'm going to attempt not to do that if a favorite suddenly dies on me. Gonna try and stick with what happens.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 6:10 PM
Provided they have at least one biological child, then I will let them die. If they don't, then I quit without saving. Or at least I try to.... if it was a favourite sim, I might not be so fair. Sometimes I bend the rules if it would make me happier to do something else.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Link Ninja
#53 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 7:17 PM
In the long history of my hood, I have reacted different ways to accidental deaths. A Majority of the time, I allow it - my neighborhood needs more ghosts. It also does add some flavor to family stories.

The first accidental death I can remember, a mother starved to death and I had her husband call the grim reaper and resurrect her. They had a typical 2 kid, suburban life and now her husband has died of old age. All my old age sims go when they go. anyone else besides that one mother has had a fire-related accident.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#54 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilyeverlasting
I try to roll with it. I do tend to have favorites though. An exception I've made is when I accidentally didn't pause once. (I lost Angela Pleasant). Though I did cheat another time. Pascal was pregnant and married to Nervous, and it was an exceptionally difficult pregnancy! One morning he got out of bed, miserable as usual, and died on his way to the kitchen! It was a disaster! Nervous went into aspiration failure, and so did their two children. The other Curious brothers were distraught. I exited without saving and had to reload a couple of times to get him to the kitchen for breakfast without dying. D: He was my favorite sim (is one of my favorites). I couldn't help trying to save him.

This playthrough though, I'm going to attempt not to do that if a favorite suddenly dies on me. Gonna try and stick with what happens.

Once you can let your favorite sim die and stay dead, it will be a lot easier to not be tempted to bring any other sim back...no matter the circumstances. The favorite is always the hardest to let go of.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#55 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 5:49 AM
If I really really like the sim then I ressurect them w the sim manipulator (can't resist to cheat now and then haha)

If not then I just add it into the story~
Scholar
#56 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 8:23 PM
Sims that die in my game always have that death written into the character, no matter how it happened - except during that time I had a bug and any Sim dying crashed the game. What happens after that depends on what makes sense in the game (which can be anything from the Sim being pled for, to the Sim staying dead permanently).

Accidental deaths are an occasional hazard if, like me, you are apt to leave the game running while having a wash or cooking dinner.

Resurrections are a very real possibility, if someone with the appropriate power feels inclined to do that for a Sim. Sometimes the Sim can find themselves waiting a long time (the record, I believe, is nine real-life months).
Page 3 of 3