Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adreanna
I had a Acer Chromebook didn't work. I'm using my mom's HP E2 Vision Windows 7 its old but still runs great

Hey, I still have a laptop with Vista on it and it runs Sims 3 very well. And I have kept 7 on my desktop. If things work, I leave them alone.
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:32 PM
I did purchase an Acer. It was reviewed to be the best budget laptop by several sites. It is also upgradable so in the future I can fix it up to play my games better. Right now I grabbed it because it got a good overall rating. If it doesn't play Sims 3 or 4 it will play 2 I'm sure.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#28 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 10:45 PM
My old laptop was a basic 2.5 year old Windows 7 Toshiba Satellite with 8GB of RAM and a 1TB HD, it cost about $500, and ran TS3 with all expansions as well as TS4 just fine. No dedicated graphics card though, so I generally kept the graphics at mid-level. I'm very disappointed in Toshiba lately though, that was my second Toshiba to have motherboard issues within the first 2 years. I hadn't been playing TS3 on the first one and it was even better than this last one in terms of specs, so I'm a little suspicious of Toshiba right now even though they used to be my favorite brand.

My new laptop is an HP Envy with 16GB, 1TB HD (I opted for a smaller drive with faster RPM because I also use it for my work) and and a 4GB dedicated graphics card. I guess technically it's a base-level gaming laptop and normally runs about $1100, but it was only $700 during Costco's Black Friday sale...

@HCAC I'm wary of Acer- I had two of their laptops previously and both had issues with the screen housing breaking so that you couldn't really open or close the lid. Are they better now?
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
@HCAC I'm wary of Acer- I had two of their laptops previously and both had issues with the screen housing breaking so that you couldn't really open or close the lid. Are they better now?

I didn't get it yet. I hope it is good. I watched a lot of videos and read a ton of reviews in the 2 months I researched. I only ordered it yesterday when I got the rest of the money together for my birthday.

Our Toshiba laptop is from 2010 and it's excellent for Sims 2 (I play on all high settings) with a lot of CC. It runs hot. My pictures seem nice, though. I think Toshiba makes a quality product. My tv (an old one from probably 10 years old or more) has a gorgeous screen.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#30 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 10:23 AM
The machine I am using at present is a HP Pavilion Elitebook 8440p. It's several years old and a bit battered (I bought it second hand) but it plays Sims 3 better than anything I have ever used, even with all the EPs and SPs installed and a whole lot of mods. Its not perfect, but I can live with a little bit of lagging after the bad performance and crashing I had on my previous laptop. If I see another like it I shall certainly buy it to keep for when this one finally gives up the ghost.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Page 2 of 2