Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 38 (Who?), Viewed: 5958 times.
Page 2 of 2
just a girl
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:20 AM
Thank you, guys! Nice to know you wait for this thing too.

i'm not finished yet. Need to figure out weirdness when sims perform reading-a-book hobby animation while routing to the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duine
Is it possible to make your sofa bed work with an armchair and twin size bed? They might be useful for dorms, tiny houses, or apartments for single sims.

Yes, I think so. Once I've made core functionality, it may be used with other meshes as well. Single beds and armchairs may work slightly different from their bigger counterparts, but I think, with some adjusting, it's totally possible.

Assorted mods: Moving out and job options
Apartment rent agreement mod - fresh update
Testers wellcome on Electrical box & Fertile land
Functional sofa bed is ready to be tested as well
just a girl
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 11:26 PM Last edited by Lamare : 7th Aug 2017 at 7:48 PM.
Default Testing begins
The sofa bed is ready to be judged!

Files:
Sofabed: ikeaektorp-sofabed-lamare.zip - http://simfileshare.net/download/288717/
Cushion recolor: ikeaklippan-cushion-invisible.package - http://simfileshare.net/download/289478/

Important stuff:
- You need IKEA Stuff Pack for this to work
- If you have Trapping's bed, remove it, as it has the same GUIDs as modified bed, and they will conflict. (I should probly change that)
- Unzip and drop sofabed files in your Downloads. There're two of them - for the bed and for the sofa part. Both are needed at the same time.
- If you're not on Ultimate Collection, back-up your The Sims 2 files (just in case).

Usage:
- Buy the sofa in Beds or Sofas buy mode section for 500 simoleons.
- Place it anywhere considering two more tiles long in front of it for the bed (double bed size is 3x2 tiles). As soon as you go in live mod and unpause the game, you can use it!
- All usual interactions are enabled. Bed comfort/energy are the same as Cheap Eeeze bed, sofa comfort/energy are somewhat around cheaper couches as well. Thus - moderate price.
- New interactions: Unfold on the sofa and Fold on the bed. Available to children and up to elders. No visitors.
- The lack of animation may disappoint you. For that I'm sorry. Everything sucked and I decided not to do it at all. But the important things work (hopefully).
- If an object is in the way, it will not interfere. Let's say, you put small coffee table or droped a newspaper in front of the sofa - No worries! Just try not to place anything large, it'll look weird.
- If a sim or a pet is in the way, sims will shoo them away before folding/unfolding.
- Sims may unfold it autonomously, if they're sleepy and it's night time (21 pm to 4 am). They only fold it on your command.
- To recolor the sofa in game with design tool you'll need to recolor both states separately.
- You can't place in inventory or sell unfolded bed. Fold it first. You can move it around a lot unfolded, though.
- If you use my bed deco mod , decorative stuff will disappear along with the bed.

Please let me know if anything bugs you, or there's something you'd like to suggest, and enjoy!
Depending on your feedback I'll think about uploading it properly.

Based on Trapping's bed. I think, Trapping cloned the bed from another author's bed. I would have reclone it from scratch, but Simpe's Workshop throws errors on beds =(

Meshes/textures:
Sofabed mesh is by Maxis, modified by Trapping, modified by me.
Bedding mesh is by Maxis, dunno if it's modified.
Pillow mesh is by Maxis, modified by me.
Sofa's textures are slaved to IKEA Ektorp sofa (not the loveseat).
Bedding is slaved to usual Maxis bedding.
Pillow textures are slaved to IKEA Klippan loveseat pillow. I added transparent/invisible recolor in a separate file.
(Slaved means it uses the same textures, so whatever corresponding recolors you may have downloaded will work here as well.)

Turquoise Dragon
staff: moderator
#28 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 4:31 AM
works fine I like it
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 4:43 AM
Ohhhhhhh, I didn't see this! I'll give it a try in a bit when I load my testing game. Again. For the millionth time today, lol.
just a girl
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 3:06 PM
Good
I'll release it for everyone to see after I fix one thing. When it's in neighbor's apartment when you visit, both states get visible at the same time, which is not right.

#31 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 3:18 PM
The Goodies got a good night's rest. Which is a good thing for them considering everything I've put them through lately, lol. Poor sims. Go here, go there, do this, do that, no don't do that, do what I told you to, sit here, sleep there, use this, use that. :D

I never play apartments, so I wouldn't have caught that!
just a girl
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 5:46 PM
Yeah, Goodies have it tough in my game too =)

BTW, mustluvcatz, I didn't forget about the other thing we discussed about tweaking my mod and your hammocks. I'm sorry I got distracted.

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
- New interactions: Unfold on the sofa and Fold on the bed. Available to children and up to elders. No visitors.
- The lack of animation may disappoint you. For that I'm sorry. Everything sucked and I decided not to do it at all. But the important things work (hopefully).

@Lamare - I imagine anims are the most frustrating and difficult part of a project like this. But I had an idea that might be a little bit out of the box, yet still realistic and believable -- and hopefully save some of the animation frustration. Not ALL, but Some. =)

Perhaps if you made the sofa bed "remote controlled"? Use the remote control anims from a stereo or a tv, so when the sim is instructed to fold/unfold, you wouldn't have to incorporate the sim into the animation process of folding and unfolding. This way, the bed can do it automatically, which should be far easier (not saying easy... just easier) than trying to coordinate it with sim anims. The sim can step out of the way, press a button on a remote, and watch as the sofa bed automatically unfolds itself. voila!

Just a thought... hope it helps! I spotted this only yesterday on the CC ideas thread, and i'm very excited for it to work! Good luck with it!!'

-grinEvilly
>=)
just a girl
Original Poster
#34 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 2:22 PM
Hey grinevilly. I actually considered using a remote and have almost done it. I also tried clapping sim's hands like with those light switches. Also waving a hand like in kind of a telekinesis. All looks super funny and weird. I don't know...

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:08 PM
Quote:
Hey grinevilly. I actually considered using a remote and have almost done it. I also tried clapping sim's hands like with those light switches. Also waving a hand like in kind of a telekinesis. All looks super funny and weird. I don't know...

Hahaha, those are awesome ideas! I am SO looking forward to this item!! I'm hoping it's done before I send my next batch of teens off to University (no pressure... plenty of Elixir of Life to placate them for the duration!). It'd go great in their off-campus apartment! Thanks so much for your contributions, all of them! The patience and skill to be able to create stuff like this to share with the rest of us talentless schlubbs goes beyond any expressions of gratitude! Especially when it comes to reanimating!

-gE
>=)
just a girl
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 11:36 PM
Damn. I kinda already made peace with the absence of animation. Now you make me look bad :D

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:15 AM
Quote:
Damn. I kinda already made peace with the absence of animation. Now you make me look bad :D

To you, i am very sorry. =(

To the community, that will rejoice and sing epic ballads of glorious praise to you for a thousand generations (of sims), I say Hallelujah!! =)

-gE
>=)
just a girl
Original Poster
#38 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 4:46 PM
Trying to get sofa-bed to show up properly in neighbor's apartment when it's unhiding. Failing. Sometimes it works, sometimes sofa-bed disappears completely, what's up with that? As much as I'm terrified to say this, I might need to do it from scratch, using different approach. I mean, it works fine but this stupid little thing...
In the meantime, maybe, I'll upload this sofa-bed as a version 1.

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:37 AM
Quote:
Trying to get sofa-bed to show up properly in neighbor's apartment when it's unhiding. Failing. Sometimes it works, sometimes sofa-bed disappears completely, what's up with that? As much as I'm terrified to say this, I might need to do it from scratch, using different approach. I mean, it works fine but this stupid little thing...
In the meantime, maybe, I'll upload this sofa-bed as a version 1.

I am SO excited for this item, it's almost bordering on inappropriate!! It's like the days leading up to Christmas... cant wait! cant wait! cant wait!!

-gE
>=)
Page 2 of 2