Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 12:42 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 19th Sep 2017 at 6:00 PM. Reason: re-categorizing!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
My non script mods wont show up in my game
Please help!

I know its 2017 and Im still playing SIMS 3 but what can I say I like the game My problem is that I've had sims 3 and 4 for about a year now. I dont have TS4 on my system anymore I only have sims 3 which i just downloaded and reinstalled. Ive never had a problem using mods on either until now. For some reason that is beyond me only my script mods are showing up in my game. I ve tried using Dashboard to find any conflicting mods and there were none. My Mod path is Documents/Electronic arts/Sims3/Mods/Packages . I can see that the mod worked because there is no sparkles or intro at the beginning of my game and all of my script mods are working, but when i try to use package files such as clothing hair ect. they don;t even show anymore since i reintalled TS3 and also I'm pretty sure my game is up to date. Can someone please help me? thank you
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:35 PM
By "downloaded" I hope you mean that you got it legally from Origin or Steam. Cracked games are not supported here.
Are you sure you have all the prerequisites for your clothing and hair? Most are base game compatible, but some require an EP or SP, or even a piece of Store content or other CC.

Are you looking for them in the launcher? The launcher doesn't even know that package CC exists. It won't show them to you, and it can't do anything about installing or uninstalling them. You can only see them in-game by looking for them in the spot in the catalog where you pull them out to use them. With objects, it might be necessary to look at the download description to see where they were supposed to show up, but clothing and hair are going to show up in CAS in the gender(s) and age(s) that they were intended for. (And category like Everyday, Sleepwear, etc. for clothing.) The Launcher won't tell you that they are there, but they should be there, with a * on them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:13 PM
In addition to the above, don't forget to clear (delete) your five cache TS3 user game folder cache files whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way. Even if you are looking in the right places, CAS could still be picking up on outdated cached information from before the packages were installed.

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package (this one is optional)
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 6:00 PM
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:55 AM
Default I'm having the same problem as her.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
In addition to the above, don't forget to clear (delete) your five cache TS3 user game folder cache files whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way. Even if you are looking in the right places, CAS could still be picking up on outdated cached information from before the packages were installed.

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package (this one is optional)

did you try this on your game it won't mess it up will it?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keshia10289
did you try this on your game it won't mess it up will it?

The cache files I listed are expendable, they contain temporary game and mod data. It's like clearing the cache on a web browser, nothing bad is going to happen. I clear mine after every game session and check again before starting up the next time to make sure I haven't forgotten. Others may do so not quite as often, but it's fully accepted this needs to be done on a regular basis. Replacement caches will spawn the next time the game is launched.

Just those five files. There is usually no need to clear any other kinds of caches (thumbnails, World Caches, etc.) with any kind of great regularity unless something else is going wrong with them like a sudden infestation of strange looking thumbnails.