Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 3:52 PM Last edited by justJones : 10th Feb 2014 at 6:10 PM.
Animal Mayhem Challenge- Pets required
Animal Mayhem- Pets required

Overview:

The local petting zoo has closed down, and instead of giving all of the animals homes, they let them run amuck. Now, various animals are loose in your neighborhood! You have been hired to round up all of the animals and give them a happy home. And who knows, maybe once you collect enough of the animals, you can open a zoo of your own!

Goals:

Your Sim must capture at least one of every minor pet. They must also adopt at least one of each stray: small dog, large dog, cat, horse, and unicorn. Your sim must also catch at least one of every fish and insect.

Rules:

1. No cheats or mods that gives you an advantage over another player
2. No money cheats
3. Moveobjects and resetsim are allowed
4. You can only sell animals if they are duplicates. For example, you can only sell a firefly if you have already caught one and you still have it. You can sell the original firefly, as long as you never sell all of them. This goes for all animals.
5. If an animal dies, you must replace it.
6. You can only buy an animal if you have already caught one of its species. For example, if you have already caught a red eared slider turtle, you can buy another one. You may sell the original, as long as you still have at least one. You are allowed to buy animals in order to replace ones that have died.
7. Horses and unicorns are separate species. You must have both.
8. Have fun!

How to start:

• In CAS, make a new family consisting of no pets. Remember, you are only catching the animals that have gotten loose. You can have as many Sims as you wish, but remember you will need at least five open spots for the five types of major pets.
• Move into a large lot. You can choose a small one if you want, but the animals will take up a lot of room.
• Start searching for animals. Also, you may get a job, however it will be difficult to take care of the animals. A good job to have is a part-time or a job you can do from home, such as gardening or fishing. (Remember, you can only sell fish if they are duplicates and you have at least one of that species.)
• Another job you can have is being a Zookeeper. Once you have at least one animal of each type (Horse, dog, cat, fish, rodent, turtle, snake, bird, insect) you may open up a zoo. You must have one section for each type. These sections can be fenced off areas or rooms, but they must be separated somehow from the other sections. You don’t want your kitty to eat the birds! For every ‘customer’ that comes to the zoo, you may add 100 simoleons using the family funds cheat. Customers are anyone who enters the zoo part of your lot without being told (you can invite them to your house, but you can’t call them over to your zoo section. They must do this on their own. You can lure them with food or whatever else you want, but you cannot just call them over) You may also host a party in order to invite sims to your zoo. If you host a party, you can make a maximum of 1000 simoleons per party, and you can only have one party per day. If the party is a birthday party or wedding party, they do not count.
• Once you have completed a type, for example all of the rodents, all of the dogs, all of the butterflies (or insects, if you group them that way), you must designate an entire room (Or fence area only if it is outside) to that completed type.
• Keep playing until you have every animal in the entire game for all of the expansion packs that you have, or until your zookeeper dies. Then add up your points.

Scoring System:

• -10 points for major animal that dies.
• -5 points for every minor animal (animal that can’t be played) that dies.
• -50 points for every sim that dies.
• +10 points for every sim born.
• +10 for every animal born
• +10 for every unicorn
• +5 for every other major animal
• +1 for every minor animal
• +5 for every 1,000 lifepoints for major animals
• +5 for every 5,000 lifepoints for Sims
• +5 for every 10,000 simoleons total (combine simoleons on hand and in your house’s value)
• +10 for every zoo area (rodents, cats, etc.)

I think that’s about it. Feel free to post pics and stories, or any questions/ comments. Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 8:45 PM
Bumpity
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 9:59 PM
bumpliness

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
"Now, now, Syd. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative."
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't"
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 3:23 AM
nice...

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 7:45 PM
Bumpity

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
"Now, now, Syd. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative."
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't"
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 10:14 PM
Cool idea. I'll try this soon .
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 3:54 PM
Sounds cool, if large households didn't get buggy on my game I would've try this out.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th May 2015 at 2:01 PM
ik this is probs dead, but i think ill combine this with the hippie harvest challenge!