Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
You're welcome! I'm having fun playing the challenge, so I thought I might as well share. Shorter update this time!

As Temperance grew from a child to a young woman, her father grew more strict with her. He imposed ever more restrictions on her behavior and dress, locking her inside their small, damp root cellar whenever she displeased him. Despite her intelligence and steel resolve, Temperance was small and frail from years of malnourishment and neglect, and had little hope of besting her father physically.

However, her father's anger could not quell her rebellious nature, and she still snuck away to her beloved graveyard whenever the opportunity presented itself. She no longer saw her fairy friend among the tombstones, and she began to wonder whether she, in her loneliness, had imagined her.

After many long years of back-breaking work, her mother's health had begun to fail, and the task of running their small farm fell to Temperance. And though Temperance had inherited her mother's dark eyes and steely resolve, she had not inherited her business sense or her knack for nurturing plantlife. The crops, choked by weeds and drowned by heavy rainfall, began to die, and the farm's profits dwindled to nothing.

Johann spent his evenings at the tavern, drinking away the scant money earned by Temperance's labors. The drink loosened his tongue, and he often complained about his daughter. "Look at me," he slurred, leaning heavily on the bar, a drink clutched in one fist. "No sons, just a useless daughter. She's too soft for real work, and no man wants to marry a girl who cares so much for books. It's not natural!" He emptied his glass. "She's pretty, but without a dowry, she'll never marry. I'll die on that lousy farm, surrounded by lousy, useless women!"

By and large, the other patrons had learned to ignore Johann and his drunken ramblings. They knew his wife to be smart and capable, and they had only glimpsed his daughter from a distance (for the girl was secretive and Johann guarded her jealously), but she seemed to have been cast from her mother's mold. And in his own way, Johann was used to being ignored. He complained bitterly, but he did not expect anyone to listen, nor take his complaints seriously. Other men drank, laughed, and talked, amusing themselves with games. Johann cursed his lot and insulted his women.

He had no way of knowing that on that night, a mysterious figure seated at the far end of the bar was eavesdropping...

Ah, this is to much, thank you!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 12:33 AM
Oh my God! This is great, I was looking for a challenge to play the sims 3 and not get bored. I'm loving this! When my game is done installing this is the first hing I'm going to do. Would you mind if i Write a fanfic about this? :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MufasaU
Oh my God! This is great, I was looking for a challenge to play the sims 3 and not get bored. I'm loving this! When my game is done installing this is the first hing I'm going to do. Would you mind if i Write a fanfic about this? :D

I'm so glad you like it! When I tested it, it was loads of fun and I hope you have the same experience that I got from it. Though I'm not sure ow you would be able to write a fanfic but you're more than welcome to! That would be very interesting to see. Keep in mind though bits of the game have been inspired from multiple sources on the web. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 2:25 AM
Mammal I've been reading your updates. You have such a knack for storytelling! I might do this but change the vamp to werewolf as my mom dislikes vamps =(
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 3rd May 2015 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WingedCat
Mammal I've been reading your updates. You have such a knack for storytelling! I might do this but change the vamp to werewolf as my mom dislikes vamps =(

She definitely does have a knack for storytelling! I love reading her updates
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 5:44 AM Last edited by TheWalkingCookie : 20th Jun 2015 at 5:46 AM. Reason: Something to say!
I forgot my username AND password (Sims2Celeb) and apparently my email won't work because my account on here was purged (I don't know what that means) from inactivity so I made a new one. I deleted my old family ages ago but I'll make a new one! With a much cuter kid because I made this adorable teenager with big eyes that.. OOH she's so cute. I was originally going to do the Kidnapped (I think that's what it's called) challenge but then I saw this my new sim came into mind so.. Yay! Also I don't know if this has been asked already but is going into the future and making a baby there cheating? Even if it isn't it feels like it is.
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 1:21 PM
So I've already broken half of the rules. .3. Instead of just one kid I made it so they were poor because they had more than they can afford, three. A teenage boy, a younger girl, and our darling main character I will get to showing. Also I got them horses because.. well.. in the 1700's people used horses. Also most of the stuff is from Supernatural so it actually looks like it's from way back then. It only has one bedroom though. One bath with really expensive stuff. So I've broken pretty much all of the rules for part 1.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:30 PM
eh if it makes it more fun then break the rules i'm probably just playing part one myself and then making pay 80k and keep it going generational thing but with the aristocrats high interist they haft to pay 1000 each week and then get to pay 80k in bulk the rest of the rules for that part i've been following and its tough cause i don't want them to spend anything but she really wants a toy oven and it would help with food... (in my had the vace relic they broke and got caught breaking was only worth a grand buy the aristocrat would never say anything... hes not a vampire hes actually a fairy and keeps freezing the man each time he goes to "pay" him lol

if i play another round of the indebted poor family ill definitely have more kids and horses though horse sound like a fabulous ideal more time correect

also did anyone give theres klepto trait and actually use it? did it make it easier for you?

I personally just gave the coward and said they were to scared to try anything else

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 5:50 AM
Default Alien Pregnancies. Oops?
YAY! So I'm writing this while wanting to murder my computer and probably slowly killing myself with nail polish fumes.

Ann, the mother, cheated on Love, the father, with an alien named Mixxuchoo. They're going to have a baby soon (In about 3 days because they just did IT and then they got caught making out by the husband running home with his sudden unexplainable psychic ability).. When they do I'm kicking them both out and keeping the baby and being like "IT'S MINE NOW!" ..The Dad's an total jerk, when Priscilla asked him one time to read her to sleep he yelled at her.

Family Traits;

Love Dawkins(Father); Dislikes Children, Schmoozer, Heavy Sleeper, Evil, Supernatural Skeptic.
Ann Dawkins(Mother); Grumpy, Schmoozer, Snob, Supernatural Skeptic, Mean Spirited.
Myles Dawkins(Son); Sailor, Family Oriented, Friendly, Angler
Priscilla Dawkins(First Born Daughter); Perfectionist, Easily Impressed, Equestrian
Temperance Dawkins(Second Born Daughter aka THE PAYMENT); Virtuoso, Friendly

Mixxuchoo Ne'Xafughos; Irresistible, Hydrophobic, Frugal, Artistic, Mooch.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#60 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 3:35 PM
I like this challenge, but I don't have Late Night or Generations. I is there a way I can still play? For example, I could have the lady learn something like the writing or painting skill instead and the son wouldn't go to boarding school. Is this allowed? If so, I will definitely play.

P.S I already have a storyline made and everything.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 8:51 PM
I'm sure it is, as challenges are made to be fun tweak the rules to your needs to enjoy it, and besides no one will know and if you did post something here you might inspire others who don't have it

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 3:41 AM
I'm going to start over because I've turned the mother into a harlot. The super sexy vampire her daughter was supposed to be married to ended up making a baby with her and right after her vampire baby was born Ann broke up with him.. o.o So she has two children that aren't Love's
Test Subject
Original Poster
#63 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by breezestar101
I like this challenge, but I don't have Late Night or Generations. I is there a way I can still play? For example, I could have the lady learn something like the writing or painting skill instead and the son wouldn't go to boarding school. Is this allowed? If so, I will definitely play.

P.S I already have a storyline made and everything.

Sure! It's yours to play as you wish. Just have fun with it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#64 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheWalkingCookie
I'm going to start over because I've turned the mother into a harlot. The super sexy vampire her daughter was supposed to be married to ended up making a baby with her and right after her vampire baby was born Ann broke up with him.. o.o So she has two children that aren't Love's

Haha, you're sims sure live a different lifestyle! Just go with what you want, mix it up as you want, it's your sims not mine
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 9:35 AM
Hi everyone. This is my first challenge. English is not my first language, so I'm sorry if somethig is wrong. Here's my family and their house.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:30 AM
Godric worked at the grocery store and sold fish to try to pay his debt to Lord Nickolas and Magda took care of the house, took care of the baby and made a small garden to help her husband by selling fruits and vegetables. She was always tired, but then the baby grew up...
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scorpyon
Godric worked at the grocery store and sold fish to try to pay his debt to Lord Nickolas and Magda took care of the house, took care of the baby and made a small garden to help her husband by selling fruits and vegetables. She was always tired, but then the baby grew up...

Ahh! They all look so great!
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beebeefrogs
Ahh! They all look so great!

Thanks beebeefrogs

I don't have a story line, I just describe what I do with the challenge as the game goes on.

So, as a child, LĂ­via had to start doing all the chores at home and slept in a sleeping bag, because her parents couldn't afford a bed, and they also didn't care much about her comfort (the poor girl slept with her eyes open and blinking due to some bug in the game). But sometimes she had time to play and have fun, as long as the chores were done, her parents didn't care where she was or what she was doing. She even won free ballet lessons in a contest at school and showed off to her mom hoping to get her attention, but with her recently acquired free time Magda found a new interest: she secretly started studying alchemy in the local elixir store. I wonder what she was up to...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#69 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:52 AM
I am very sorry to say that I can't continue this chalenge for now. My laptop broke and I won't have a new one for a while. The one I'm using now is my boyfriend's and it doesn't run the sims 3, only 4 that I don't like as much. I guess I'll get used to it now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#70 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scorpyon
I am very sorry to say that I can't continue this chalenge for now. My laptop broke and I won't have a new one for a while. The one I'm using now is my boyfriend's and it doesn't run the sims 3, only 4 that I don't like as much. I guess I'll get used to it now.

That's okay dear! :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#71 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 3:43 AM
So I've only played this once and I may do a youtube challenge for it(corny seeing how it's my own challenge), would anyone want to watch it?
Test Subject
#72 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 1:30 AM
I love this challenge!!!! Though I decided to switch up the gender roles with the male being the human(cause I HAVE to be different;-)) though I bended the rules and had the parents have more kids, it makes for a harder challenge.
Test Subject
#73 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 6:09 PM
Intriguing, I might have to try this one sometime.
Page 3 of 3