Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by max4love
I know this breaks the rules of the challenge to suggest this, but try moving her out of your household (temporarily). This happened to me once, and exactly when I got her out of my current household, I checked in the relationship panel and the Sim had immediately aged up, so I added her back into the household then. I also have a few NRaas mods - so I'm not 100% certain if the game fixed itself, or Overwatch, Error Trap or even Master Controller was the saviour.

If this doesn't work, then your Sim may have aged up with some faulty CC that prevents the aging up process or entry into CAS. Have you also tried resetting her? Or resetting the entire town? I hope it works out for you. I'm only just starting the challenge officially now (and recording it). Hopefully, all goes well. :P

Moving her out didn't help, but luckily resetting her did!

Sigh, my game keeps having this other annoying bug where I'm told that every child that is born is a boy when some of the are actually girls. I think it have happened 3-5 times while doing this challenge already -___-

---

I currenlty have 6 daughters, but the king and the queen both just aged up so I hope I'll manage to get 6 more daughters before it's too late. Sadly the game keeps giving me more sons than daughters (I think I have had 9-11 sons now?? is this karma for how I usually make my pregnant sims eat a ton of watermelon?!)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 1:33 PM
I'm glad you fixed the problem!

I'm not sure whether the more boys thing is a bug. Since I first got the base game, more often than not I've had more boys born to current households than girls (unless I used the watermelon trick). Maybe there are too many women in the world, and so the chances of boys increase to balance the odds? :P
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:15 PM
I tried to move two male sims into my town, maybe that will help

On the bright side I finally earned enough to buy my castle (for 350000 x___x)! Now I just need to have 4 more daughters before my king and queen become old.

Here's some pics of my lovely royals:

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 7:47 PM
They're all gorgeous! :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elayne
I tried to move two male sims into my town, maybe that will help

On the bright side I finally earned enough to buy my castle (for 350000 x___x)! Now I just need to have 4 more daughters before my king and queen become old.

Here's some pics of my lovely royals:

wow, your family looks great! i'm so happy to see that you're enjoying the challenge and I can't wait to see more.
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 5:44 PM
Thank you so much! I'm having a lot of fun, even though my game doesn't really co-operate as well as I'd want it to :S The castle is build in a way that makes the sims have a big problem with picking up/setting down their toddlers and sometimes even just interacting with each other without walking down 3 floors first -___- and my queen's last pregnancy ended with two boys <'3 I'm starting to run out of time here ;O
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 10:33 PM
I'm wondering if I should use the World of Wonder Carousel Collection as the magical world in part two of the let's play? (With the store dancer mat thing added in with the MOO cheat) I know I'm getting ahead of myself, and I wanted to keep the magical dancing land a secret when I did find a lot I could use, but I'm having a hard time finding one without too much CC or requiring several expansions. What do you think? :/

Oh! And I'm recording ahead and having lots of fun with the challenge too! Three videos are on the Youtubez, but I'm playing on my own time and will post a few parts every week. I'm hoping to get multiple babies every time, and I really, really hope I don't lose the challenge, haha. :P
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 3:06 AM
I think I might have lost already, because my game suddenly deleted my queen and then when I tried to change to the backup instead the king was deleted OTL

I guess I'll just have to start over again then, sigh. (Cries forever over the horrible bugs that ruins everything)
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 2:54 PM
So I ended up starting over again OTL It seems like I'm a bit more lucky this time, so far 5/8 children has been girls!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th May 2015 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elayne
So I ended up starting over again OTL It seems like I'm a bit more lucky this time, so far 5/8 children has been girls!
haha, that's good to hear! I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 13th May 2015 at 12:30 AM
I'm wondering if I should use the World of Wonder Carousel Collection as the magical world in part two of the let's play? (With the store dancer mat thing added in with the MOO cheat) I know I'm getting ahead of myself, and I wanted to keep the magical dancing land a secret when I did find a lot I could use, but I'm having a hard time finding one without too much CC or requiring several expansions. What do you think? :/

Oh! And I'm recording ahead and having lots of fun with the challenge too! Three videos are on the Youtubez, but I'm playing on my own time and will post a few parts every week. I'm hoping to get multiple babies every time, and I really, really hope I don't lose the challenge, haha. :P

That sounds like a very good idea! I've been keeping up for the most part. I just completely forgot to come on and keep up on here. lol. best of luck!
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st May 2015 at 12:36 AM
Hi! I am really intrigued by this challenge and I think it will be SO much fun! I've decided to share this challenge on my blog. Just go here whimsicalsimmer.simplesite.com

Jenna29
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 23rd May 2015 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenna29
Hi! I am really intrigued by this challenge and I think it will be SO much fun! I've decided to share this challenge on my blog. Just go here whimsicalsimmer.simplesite.com

Yay I'm glad to hear that
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd May 2015 at 3:06 AM

best of luck to you on the challenge. your blog is so cute! and yes, the king and queen can work, though the queen probably won't be working most of the time due to maternity leave, the painting is a great alternative because she can do it whether she is pregnant or not. can't wait to see more!
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th May 2015 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by waterdiamond15
best of luck to you on the challenge. your blog is so cute! and yes, the king and queen can work, though the queen probably won't be working most of the time due to maternity leave, the painting is a great alternative because she can do it whether she is pregnant or not. can't wait to see more!

Thanks for letting me know! I haven't been this excited to do a challenge for a while now, thanks for a great challenge!

Jenna29
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th May 2015 at 2:28 AM
Thanks for letting me know! I haven't been this excited to do a challenge for a while now, thanks for a great challenge!

I'm so glad to hear that! Hopefully you and many others will find enjoyment in it. I had fun simply making up the challenge! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 2:50 AM
Bump?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:00 AM
This is a great challenge, and a lot of fun, but I had to put it on pause due to my PC overheating like a drama queen.
But I endeavour to complete it soon, haha! Before long, nothing will stop me! ^_^

Visit my YouTube channel, maybe? <3
https://www.youtube.com/user/MaxineAndrew
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 9:54 PM
Default Requiremnets?
What are the requirements for this challenge. Do need the sims medeval?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babygirl_chan
What are the requirements for this challenge. Do need the sims medeval?

Nope. This challenge can be played with the base game. The only real requirement is that you get a mod in which you will be able to have more than 8 people in a household. I wanted to make this challenge as accessible to everyone as possible.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 11:22 PM
This is a great challenge, and a lot of fun, but I had to put it on pause due to my PC overheating like a drama queen.
But I endeavour to complete it soon, haha! Before long, nothing will stop me! ^_^

I'm very glad to hear that you're enjoying it. Can't wait to see what becomes of your royal family.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 10:28 PM
Bump
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 11:41 PM
Bump again
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 12:29 AM
Bump! haha, it's almost my birthday!