Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2014 at 9:35 PM Last edited by emmyzrulz : 18th May 2014 at 4:01 AM.
The "Penelope" Challenge~
Based off the movie Penelope.

Alright, so this challenge is not meant to offend anyone and is meant to be a learning experience as is all my challenges,
I am also sorry as English is my second language! ^^'

Alright, so Penelope is a girl born with a pig nose and ears. Her parents of course think she's a freak, but ...ehem.."love" her enough to hide her from human eyes... xD

So first, create your sims!
Penelope is the most important sim, Create a female OR male sim, if a male sim replace Penelope with Penelo.(It sounds Italian... sure.)
(Well, name them whatever you like. xD)
Now, Create your sim AT FIRST as a young adult, and give her a pig nose and ears. here is an example

(That would be Penelope from the movie.. xD)
After you create him or her as a young adult, Change it into a toddler. this should keep its nose and ears. You can have there hair and outfits whatever you want.
After you create your own "Penelope" its time to create the parents, I'l let you choose what or who or how many, But I recommend a mother and a father.
Whoever you make, they have to be snobs, and if theirs a mother, she also has to be neurotic. any other traits you can pick! ^^
Now, if you like add an older or younger sister or brother. But it isn't required.

Alright! House time! You will need to build a house for this, or edit a pre-built one. Feel free to use cheats to get enough money to do so, After all, your family is somewhat wealthy.
Your house must have all the basic things like kitchens, bathrooms, ect. the main important thing, is that you need to ither rebuild or construct the second floor into a HUGE bedroom for "your Penelope" to live in. IT MUST NOT HAVE ANY WINDOWS AND HAVE TONS OF TOYS AND STUFF! the child isn't aloud outside after all!
if you have windows downstairs, use curtains. Remember that your parents think this child's a freak unto the world, and want to make sure that it is safe!
Make sure there is a front and back door, but the yard is fenced in. the child can't escape. this house is kind of a prison, but your parents see it as a safe home for the child.

FIRST HALF OF THE CHALLENGE-
After you build your house its time to live in it! Start by getting the child inside as fast as possible. if someone see's her, you need to track that person down and "argue" with him or her. This is basically them saying "if you tell anyone I will find you!!!"
The FIRST goal is to raise the toddler into a young adult, once that happens the second part of the challenge happens.
Here are the most important bits, the "child" rules!

Your child is not aloud outside. (But feel free to let her outside, just make sure your parents get mad at her.)
your child is not aloud to attend school, so home school her by making her read skill books.
Your child IS aloud downstairs, but make sure no strangers are on or in your home lot.
Your child is never to have friends. they are only children after all and might tell others about her.
When your parents have company, they must lock the child upstairs.
If your parents become the absolute best of friends with anyone, they can see the child. after all, best friends wouldn't tell!

Second half- as a young adult
Alright, so now your child is a young adult, they have lived there entire life in there house, and have no friends...
The young adult gets into a big fight with her parents, and then runs away! (AKA move her. You can move her wherever you like, but she must only have a thousand dollars at her new home. And also she can't be super rich) After she moves away she hides her face. You can not use mods and just use glasses or something, but I recommend downloading this mod.
http://skeletalscreams.blogspot.com/2010/01/mask.html
She can now talk,flirt, or whatever with people, no kissing though the mask though!
You can also get a job.
Now that they are a young adult, they need to fall in love with someone to brake the curse!
so your goal is to find a sweet heart.
NOTE: YOU CANT FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE AND PROPOSE IN ONE DAY. YOU CAN MOVE UP A STEP OF A RELATIONSHIP EVERYDAY BUT NOT ALL AT ONCE! I find this is cheating... xD
After you find a sweet heart, and marry him, the curse will be broken. I recommend removing the mask for the wedding and having a private one. xD

After that you can have children, and do whatever! perhaps the pig nose curse carried on? if so, now from your learning experience choose what you would do with your own pigged nose child. The challenge can end whenever you feel you have won. ^^

Side goals for your adult:
Make up with your parents, and visit them once and awhile.
Become a master scientist to end the curse once and for all!
Berry your parents on your home lot
Have 5 children, 3 (if not a master scientist) with pig noses

Finis.
NOTES: Please do this challenge as you want, changing the rules to your own story's. ^^ Feel free to post pictures or videos of your Sims, I love seeing them and it gives me allot of joy! I also want to mention that I'm sorry if this offends anyone and its meant to be a learning experience, the lesson is that people are people! No matter what there face or body looks like the person INSIDE is what matters. so I hope you enjoy this challenge! ^^

EDIT: A nice person suggested that we use a few mods and ways to make this funner! ^^ You can do the challenge originally or if you like download the following mods and spice it up!

Quote:
use Nraas career mod and get the Schools tuner. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers Might help because you can actually homeschool your children/teens. Adding the assassination mod to it as well could help you "take care" of those sims that saw her. After all, sounds like her parents are psychopaths anyway, so why not psychopathic killers. With that you could use Dexter the Bear , or even the Violence & Aggression mod by bella3lek4 game mod here on this website to make it more authentic.

I also want to opoligize to any Jewish people, I am not yet sure how it is offensive but I am very sorry and it was not meant to be so! D:

~Love Em
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th May 2014 at 7:25 AM
I'm jewish and find this challenge offensive
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th May 2014 at 12:33 PM Last edited by RageHQ : 17th May 2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Sorry for being rude <.<''
Ahem, you should "allow" people to use Nraas career mod and get the Schools tuner. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers Might help because you can actually homeschool your children/teens.
Adding the assassination mod to it as well could help you "take care" of those sims that saw her. After all, sounds like her parents
are psychopaths anyway, so why not psychopathic killers. With that you could use Dexter the Bear , or even the Violence & Aggression mod by bella3lek4
game mod here on this website to make it more authentic. Gotta keep 'em in line. Besides, it's amusing. Fly punch crashed my game, though lol sends the sim flying across the map, beware.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th May 2014 at 2:39 PM Last edited by MistressTiffany : 18th May 2014 at 2:43 AM.
In regards to the challenge itself, it's interesting. A side goal idea as an adult could be to 'master' plastic surgery (reach level ten in the medical career), to be able to change the pig nose for herself and future generations. I rather like the challenge in general. Bookmarking.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RageHQ
Why does everyone keep mispelling allowed? Not to be mean or anything. Drives me up the wall.
And it's not berry, its bury! Lol, were you homeschooled like the character? >.< Anyway,
Looks shouldn't matter at all either. The challenge, though, seems interesting.

Ahem, you should "allow" people to use Nraas career mod and get the Schools tuner. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers Might help because you can actually homeschool your children/teens.
Adding the assassination mod to it as well could help you "take care" of those sims that saw her. After all, sounds like her parents
are psychopaths anyway, so why not psychopathic killers. With that you could use Dexter the Bear , or even the Violence & Aggression mod by bella3lek4
game mod here on this website to make it more authentic. Gotta keep 'em in line. Besides, it's amusing. Fly punch crashed my game, though lol sends the sim flying across the map, beware.

;-; I'm from Spain... I don't speak English originally and I rely on what little I know mixed with Google translate, mixed with spell checker, your language is complicated and I am trying my hardest! D: I only have about half English school on the subject. I am sorry for offending you I also was home schooled in Spain... I can post things in Spanish if it is that big of a deal...
yes that mod would help! Thank you for posting it here ^^
Yes, that would make for intriguing game play. I was trying to base it off the movie, and the butler just chased after them and made them sign a gag. ^^
I should use more mods on the site, they are very creative and there are lots! I create allot of challenges so I will try to work harder on my english and on grammar and get better and make best challenges! Thank you! :'D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Uh, wow, as a person who was not only homeschooled, but also unschooled and has an IQ above average, that's really offensive.

In regards to the challenge itself, it's interesting. A side goal idea as an adult could be to 'master' plastic surgery (reach level ten in the medical career), to be able to change the pig nose for herself and future generations. I rather like the challenge in general. Bookmarking.

How kind of you, but I think he meant little harm. I am from Spain and I do need to work on my English. ^^

Thank you so much! That would be a neat goal! I love how the users here come up with allot of different idea's
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th May 2014 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyzrulz
How kind of you, but I think he meant little harm. I am from Spain and I do need to work on my English. ^^

Thank you so much! That would be a neat goal! I love how the users here come up with allot of different idea's

I'm sorry. That was a bit crude of me. Actually, was privately schooled myself and kept from general populace like said "Penelope". High IQ as well, but tend to be grammar nazi. Was in a gnarly mood. Will edit my post. I feel bad now. But seriously, add those mods, I recommend them for this challenge, besides they are fun, lol. No I didn't mean harm, just got a bug up my crawl because of spelling. It's all good. Let's uh... make amends, then?

P.S. makes me wanna check out that movie.
Instructor
#8 Old 18th May 2014 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RageHQ
I'm sorry. That was a bit crude of me. Actually, was privately schooled myself and kept from general populace like said "Penelope". High IQ as well, but tend to be grammar nazi. Was in a gnarly mood. Will edit my post. I feel bad now. But seriously, add those mods, I recommend them for this challenge, besides they are fun, lol. No I didn't mean harm, just got a bug up my crawl because of spelling. It's all good. Let's uh... make amends, then?

P.S. makes me wanna check out that movie.

It's alright, I kind of jumped to conclusions on my end.... plus I was tired. Brain's not working properly that early. Will edit my post, as well.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th May 2014 at 2:48 AM
Also, I think you really need a slider to get that nose right. I have started, but it doesn't look like a pig
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slave_zombie_student

Is it? I am sorry. I am from Spain and did not know, may I ask how it is offensive, so I might correct it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lop90804
Also, I think you really need a slider to get that nose right. I have started, but it doesn't look like a pig

Yes, it is hard to perfect that. You can download mods or sliders ^^ it will not bother the challenge.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th May 2014 at 6:39 PM
Is university OK?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th May 2014 at 6:43 PM
Is university OK?

Any expansion pack is fine. But she must be out of the house before she goes, After all her parents wouldn't dare let her go to a public school or university! ^^
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:01 AM

So am I and I don't. Please explain how you do
Field Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:01 AM
Which of your challenges have you deleted?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:02 PM
Which of your challenges have you deleted?

I deleted two so far, one because people where just kinda mean and one where it just wasn't a good challenge, it happens. xD
I deleted my 1700 slavery challenge (I guess it was offensive, I have seen other slavery things and there just fine... xD), and The Bronys challenge! (honestly I forgot that this is a more mature forum so that idea was bogus! xD)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyzrulz
I deleted two so far, one because people where just kinda mean and one where it just wasn't a good challenge, it happens. xD
I deleted my 1700 slavery challenge (I guess it was offensive, I have seen other slavery things and there just fine... xD), and The Bronys challenge! (honestly I forgot that this is a more mature forum so that idea was bogus! xD)

Oh a bronny challenge got bashed? ok if i see a minecraft challenge i will swear, bogus, and death menace the poster of that (you have no idea how much i hate minecraft).

Now, i don't like Dr Who but that doesn't makes me go and act like an asshole on each Dr Who topic i see... deal with it guys.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 8:07 PM
Oh a bronny challenge got bashed? ok if i see a minecraft challenge i will swear, bogus, and death menace the poster of that (you have no idea how much i hate minecraft).

Now, i don't like Dr Who but that doesn't makes me go and act like an asshole on each Dr Who topic i see... deal with it guys.

How would you even do a minecraft challenge... I have no idea. xD It wouldn't be fun, I don't think.
Yeah... I have to remember that people here are more of a "walking dead" Fan base then a "Friendship is maaagiiic" base. xD
Eh.. So what kinda shows DO you like then? You seem like a good person for an opinion.

(also Danggit, I like Doctor who (at least the older ones)... But again, how the crap would you do a challenge?! xD)
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 4:33 PM
Seems pretty cool. Its almost like the movie except where she didn't exactly move away she just left for a while. also her parents were full of themselves but they were dedicated to breaking the curse. So like instead of her running away to find love find have her parents bring in rich boys for her to blind date. don't know how that would work out but that's what Penelope had to go through in the movie.