Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:03 AM Last edited by artloving : 1st Oct 2014 at 1:33 AM.
Default Mods doesn't work.. Please help me !
Hello! I have a problem with the mods .. I've read all the instructions and everything I've well done .. When I add a file to a folder Packages in the game, nothing appears .. also converted file TS3 to TSM and still does not work .. Please help!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:38 AM
Have you tried seeing if any of the mods work for you, besides CC conversions?

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
Have you tried seeing if any of the mods work for you, besides CC conversions?

of course. I don't know maybe I doing something wrong ?

I have 64-bit Windows 7
The Sims Medieval 2.0
I did Mods->Packages and add file resource.cfg to tsm folder (in install folder ofcourse)
I activated TestingCheatsEnabled and I add d3dx9_31.dll to Bin folder

I tried add file .packages, packages with conversion, and .sims2pack

I don't know what I doing more..

I'm sorry for my bad english :P
Inventor
#4 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:46 AM
Sims 2 Pack is for Sims 2 game, not for Sims Medieval. Take out all sims2packs and if you have sims3packs, take them out, too. Remove all package files, too. Only try to use one medieval mod to see if it shows up in your game. Try this mod only for first testing, the one listed at the top of this page, No Intro, http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=437510 That one will stop the game from loading up the Introduction screen. If you still see the regular intro screen that you see without the mod installed, then you don't have your game set up to use mods.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 12:02 PM
Sims 2 Pack is for Sims 2 game, not for Sims Medieval. Take out all sims2packs and if you have sims3packs, take them out, too. Remove all package files, too. Only try to use one medieval mod to see if it shows up in your game. Try this mod only for first testing, the one listed at the top of this page, No Intro, http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=437510 That one will stop the game from loading up the Introduction screen. If you still see the regular intro screen that you see without the mod installed, then you don't have your game set up to use mods.

mistake, was to be sims3pack and of course I know that does not work, but I wanted to see if he could by chance with me will work

I tried this and I don't have intro with nointro mods.
Inventor
#6 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 12:10 PM
Okay, then that means that mods do work for you. If you find any mod that isn't working, then post about that in the mod's thread. Custom Content conversions don't always work correctly, so if you find clothes, hair, skins, et cetera, that aren't working for you, then post about it in their threads.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:09 PM
Okay, then that means that mods do work for you. If you find any mod that isn't working, then post about that in the mod's thread. Custom Content conversions don't always work correctly, so if you find clothes, hair, skins, et cetera, that aren't working for you, then post about it in their threads.

ok, so I tried this mods

hair - works
hair2 - doesn't works
eyes - works

whether it is a question of conversion?
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:54 PM
My mods aren't working either. I put in the .dll file that makes scripts work. I only have grims core medieval and one of shimrod's mods installed but I don't see any evidence that they are working. I have pirates and nobles. Should I put everything in the pirates and nobles folders or the base game? I have them in the base game folder now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
My mods aren't working either. I put in the .dll file that makes scripts work. I only have grims core medieval and one of shimrod's mods installed but I don't see any evidence that they are working. I have pirates and nobles. Should I put everything in the pirates and nobles folders or the base game? I have them in the base game folder now.

Unfortunately, I can not help you with your problem because I haven't 'Pirates and nobles'
but I have the solution to my problem. Files doesn't work for my tsm ,because in convert files I don't have selected 'profession' in Clothing Category. Also did not work when I did step 4 of this tutorial here .
Inventor
#10 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:00 PM
@kewpie, to know if the grim core mod is showing up in your game, open the Game options menu and then click on the last tab on the right of it and see if you have a menu that comes up with lots of options for you to checkmark, one of the options to choose from will say Sim Debug.

Scholar
#11 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:18 PM
Yeah, that's not coming up. I'm wondering if Pirates and Nobles didn't patch up like I thought it did. I can't patch the digital download and I could have sworn the version of the game was patched up when I installed P&N.
Inventor
#12 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:34 PM
If you see game version 2.0 in your Medieval launcher, you are patched up. It sounds like you don't have your game set up for mods correctly.

Scholar
#13 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:42 PM
The launcher won't work for me no matter how many times I install it. I think its a "feature" of buying Origin digital download. Instead of going to the launcher it goes straight to the game.exe. I mentioned in another thread that patching is impossible for me and someone else replied they couldn't patch the digital download either.
Inventor
#14 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:49 PM
I'm sorry about that. You can find out what version of Medieval you have by checking your skuversion.txt file inside of the Game/Bin folder where you have Medieval installed to.

Scholar
#15 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:52 PM
GameVersion = 2.0.113.00107
Code: 0.Patch-0.0.2124
Asset: 0.PatchContent.BG.1445
Thumbnails: 0.Thumbnail.Patch.106
Caches: 0.TCC.patch.103
CiderVersion#006696

It SEEMS that it's patched up.
Inventor
#16 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:59 PM
Yep. It's the same as mine. So you need to check that you've followed all the steps to set up your game for mods. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344

Scholar
#17 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 5:12 PM
As far as I can tell, I have followed all the steps

1. Check to make sure game was patched..
2. Set up Mods folder -- it's in the main TSM folder where you'll also see Game, Game Data and the rest. Made a Packages file in the Mods folder
3. Added the resource.cfg inside the mods folder
4, Put the packages in the Package folder
5. Added d3dx9_31.dll to Game/Bin

No idea what's going wrong.
Inventor
#18 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 5:56 PM
The Resource.cfg doesn't go in the mods folder, it goes in the main TSM folder.
Screenshots

Scholar
#19 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 8:15 PM
That did it. Thanks. Glad I posted. I didn't realize I put the file in the wrong place.
Inventor
#20 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:15 PM
You're welcome. I'm glad you can use mods now.

Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 2:48 PM
I played with the unpatched version for a long time, there was no problem at all.
I followed every instruction, I re-installed the game 5 times. I tried every explained solution.
I patched my game to different versions. I checked my resource.cfg, directx stuff.
I successfully enabled "TestingCheatsEnabled" thing...
I put them in the correct folder and I am sure of it since almost all people instructs that way...
To no avail, I couldn't play the Sims Medieval 2.0.11 OR the Sims Medieval (previous patched versions) with Grim's Core Mod...
I can go till loading screen finishes loading and then the message pops up "Sims Medieval stopped working.."
I tried to read every possible solution. My drivers are updated....
I have AsusS551L that is a powerful machine...