Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 29th May 2015 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Now I don't know if that's the one I'm thinking of or House on Haunted Hill since both were based on the Shirley Jackson story, The Haunting of Hill House and both were in black and white. The House on Haunted Hill was made four years before The Haunting. There's been a recent remake of it, but they choose to go with blood and guts and, in my opinion, that ruins the frightening aspect of it and moves it simply into gory and abhorrent.

The scene that got me was the heart beating sound behind the nursery. Well, that and the one where a sleeping woman is woken by the feeling of a child taking her hand. There were endless shots of the house taken from odd angles so that the viewer never felt like they were upright and I remember one where someone must have leaned out of a window and filmed upwards. It was a well-crafted piece, whichever one it was.

I think its definitely a version of the same story, as the hand holding scene takes place in the movie I'm thinking of too - the actress is Julie Harris (the girl in East of Eden with James Dean). The beauty of this story is the lack of blood and guts - I think we both agree that it's what you don't see in this 'story' is the key to it's whole appeal.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th May 2015 at 10:08 PM
My friend doesn't have black swan, so I won't be able to watch that, Might buy on DVD if I go shopping tomorrow.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Inventor
#28 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:15 PM
you could always watch An American Werewolf in London.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Banned
#29 Old 30th May 2015 at 6:54 AM Last edited by Aaron4Ever : 17th Jul 2015 at 4:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando
The Descent! :D

That's a Kevin Macleod song!

The way I am, I can't watch scary films because it'll stay in my head for a few days. The people who advertise horror films on YouTuba have a place reserved in B-Rated hell.
To me, scary is the Terminator series.
EDIT: I just remembered, The Descent is that movie that was advertised on that bus that blew up on 7/7.
Does this count as bumping?
Scholar
#30 Old 30th May 2015 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
My friend doesn't have black swan, so I won't be able to watch that, Might buy on DVD if I go shopping tomorrow.

If you don't get the chance to go shopping, remember the internet is your friend. Sort of.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 30th May 2015 at 3:39 PM
okay, I'm just going to wait till I get in on DVD but if I'm that desperate I will use the internet

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Field Researcher
#32 Old 30th May 2015 at 4:53 PM Last edited by iforgot : 30th May 2015 at 5:09 PM.
Well, as a fan of horror... where do I start?

I'd recommend you download the following films to start you on your horror journey:
Saw (all)
Scream (all)
Hellraiser 1, 2 and 3. (Cool song to listen to before and after watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlGIMeOxnmY)
Annabelle if you prefer more modern, it's okay.. but. yeah.
Cockneys vs Zombies.. not really a horror as such, it's actually quite comical as it's a comedy parody of zombie films. Hilarious though. Probably best one to start with as you can't get scared by it.
Evil Dead.. it's a must see. Remake is okay, but I'd suggest you watch original one first.
Nightmare on Elm Street (Classic, must see)
Friday The 13th (Classic must see)
The Thing
Alien.. the original. Freaked the heck out of my mum and she won't watch it at all now. I on the other hand love the film.
The Shining
The Human Centipede - I'd suggest you watch this AFTER you have seen all the others. Also you might want to keep a sick bag near by if your prone to feeling sick for disgusting things like eating poop. Really may want to skip this if you have a weak stomach. Also you may want to avoid eating during, or before the film.
Poltergiest I, II and III.

.... and many others I could go all day.

Also don't bother with The Women In Black, it's a crap film (imo) and a poor attempt at a horror.
Page 2 of 2