Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 4:40 PM
bug import meshes
Hello ,

In first sorry for my english , i'm french!

However, I really need your help . In fact when I try to import a new mesh, there are bugs like the photo I show you and I do not know at all where it comes from, because I am a beginner, this is no time I'm trying to create. Please, help :lovestruc . thank you to those who will help me

Lucille
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 9:11 PM
Are you working with the latest TSRW? Because these ones are broken and it seems that the TSRW team is more focused on the sims 4 and not really resolving the issues with the sims 3.
Anyway! you're able to get a working version from my Tumblr: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172

If it's not the TSRW version, it could be either the bones or the amount of polycounts. Some reference meshes you use for adding bones are sometimes corrupted by the way TSRW either exported them, or since they sometimes are accidentally replaced with meshes that didn't had bones at all. To resolve that issue, just simply clone a new caspart and export it as a wso again.

If it's the polycount, you want to lower the polycount in Milkshape 3D. You want to select your mesh, go to Tools>DirectXtools. A window will pop up. Use the slider to reduce the polycounts and click on the minus icon. Then use align normals and just simply export it as a WSO.

But since these transparency and black spots are there, my bet goes to the TSRW version.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 11:56 AM
thank you very much , but I think the problem was direct x , then I have more explanations please
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:30 PM
You mean the tool? or the software?

A lot of windows 10 users seem to have issues running TSRW correctly, as in solid black sims, bones being weird or even having nothing in the 3D at all. (ALthough these issues are mostly reported while someone was making an object, but I'm pretty sure the same issue is with sims as well). My guesses is because Windows 10 doesn't support Directx 11 and older and since the sims 3 runs under directx 9, well... it makes things not compatible.

If you need any help using the Directxtool within Milkshape, I've made a tutorial that explains how to work with Milkshape: https://youtu.be/44shiWla2PE?t=6m14s
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 12:48 PM
Sorry didnt have answered before, but I really think it comes from windows 10, thank you very much, I am now that I know the problem, put myself in another project
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 5:25 PM
I've seen this issue a lot with people having the wrong TSRW version, though if it is your windows version, I hope it helped you out in some way ^-^