Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 8:44 AM
This is a stupid glitch, but does anyone else have it?
The "new" tag doesn't go away from the decorations section. Usually the "new" tag disappears when you've gone through all the categories once, but no matter how I try to find that new item in the decorations, it doesn't exist and the new tag doesn't go away. This is a stupid glitch perhaps, which annoys the hell out of me because I get annoyed by stupid things,
BUT does anyone else have this? It would give me peace of mind to know I'm not the only one.
I don't have any mods. I did but I removed the mods folder, yet the "issue" still persist.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 11:18 AM
I have this bug too, in fact it's the same exact category as well. It triggers my OCD.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 11:20 AM
It triggers my sense of order and style. Isn't it listed first in the category? They do that often. It could be some hidden objects perhaps?
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 2:51 PM
It's something from the "clutter" section in the children's room category (if you sort by room). But whatever it is, it doesn't show up with showhiddenobjects.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 4:38 PM
I have it. Very annoying! I hope they fix it soon.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 10:22 PM
I've run into this glitch for a while. The last buy object is usually some obscure unlockable career item. The last build object is usually some door or window that you can only place with extra-high ceilings.

I used to have a standalone mod that unlocks absolutely everything in buy/build mode, but I don't see that mod anymore in my Mods folder. I believe that functionality is now included in the MC Command Center, which is probably why I no longer have the other one.

Now if only there were some way to stop the similar CAS behavior every time a new career or club item gets unlocked. Then you have to go and look at both the male and female versions of the item, sometimes in all the teen, young adult, and mature adult versions (which of course are all identical), before the irritating self-congratulatory gold tabs and buttons go away.

ETA:

Quote: Originally posted by EmilyTheOriginalSim
I have it. Very annoying! I hope they fix it soon.

Oh don't worry, they won't.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 9:27 AM
indeed there is no Ea to count on fixing this. This absolutely triggers the sense of order and style. Well, at least I'm not the only one. Thanks guys for giving your comment on this, I appreciate it!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 10:21 AM
OMG yes. That is driving me insane, I can't seen to find the object at all. I'm pretty sure I have the same in CAS too.

Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
Oh don't worry, they won't.

That was fixed before, though.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 12:47 AM
Yup, that's been there for me since I downloaded City Living.
Smeg Head
#10 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 8:09 AM
It may be of use to know that our careful, considerate and professional friends at Maxis did exactly this gaffe before with TS4. When Get To Work was released, the same error with the Activities sections and both the Chessboard icon and Games Table Icon were stuck highlighted yellow. I took them over six months to finally fix it. (For those with OCD, that bitch is gonna bite.) Place your bets for how long this will take to fix. Also taking bets for how long it will stay fixed before it's broke again.

Perhaps if we all club together and buy Maxis a chalkboard, better still a magic marker board, then they could put it up at Maxis studios and write down how not to do these things, so they don't end up looking like a bunch of brainless idiots over and over.
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 9:55 AM
The information for this is somewhere in your Saved Games folder eg. C:\Users\{Username}\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\, I occasionally completely clean mine out if just leave saves folder behind, and all the stars are back, popup, tutorials, etc and everything is flagged as "unseen" again, so there obviously some (probably simple) value you could change to let the game know you have seen everything.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 12:59 AM
I have it happening in my game too and it's driving me bonkers!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 1:19 AM
I have this problem, too, and I hope it will disapear asap!
Sometimes it are the small things that drive us crazy...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 5:57 AM
another that is quite bothersome glitch to a particularly orderly person is this:

I thought at first it was caused by mods, but no. These double sims happened ever since CL patch (or sometime around that time)
Or you guys don't have this?
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 4:07 PM
Hello there,
I had the same glitch. The guilty one was the career reward "Direct From The Fans" (Social Media, branch Public Relations level 4) which didn't appear as new content tho.
Use bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement to unlock it and buy it (click the 4 colors). It should work
PS : I'm french so, sorry if my explanations aren't clear :p
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 6:28 PM
Temporary fix for the annoying stuck highlights (New Items bug), even though this is the SECOND time!!!!!! SERIOUSLY
the developers need to shape up their work schedule.

so here's how, Follow it in great detail....
credit goes to Crincrit and ELELUNICY

1. Locate your "ReticulatedSplinesView" file in your "The Sims 4" folder (the same place for your mods folder)
2. Open the file with a hex editor (I use HxD which is free)
3. Search for "1D 10 01" and replace them all with "1D 10 04" (datetype is hex-values)
4. Save the file and start your game; the new item highlighting that was previously stuck should be gone
Scholar
#17 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JasonRMJ

1. Locate your "ReticulatedSplinesView" file in your "The Sims 4" folder (the same place for your mods folder)
2. Open the file with a hex editor (I use HxD which is free)
3. Search for "1D 10 01" and replace them all with "1D 10 04" (datetype is hex-values)
4. Save the file and start your game; the new item highlighting that was previously stuck should be gone

Brillant!, it was beginning to bug me, and it worked, No more Stars in build mode!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 12:47 AM
I did not realize that this stuck new star is a glitch (LOL) ! Oh well, I'm not fussed seeing that it does not interfere with playing the game :-)
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
another that is quite bothersome glitch to a particularly orderly person is this:

I thought at first it was caused by mods, but no. These double sims happened ever since CL patch (or sometime around that time)
Or you guys don't have this?

I have this! I know this didn't happen to me until I patched in December, because I'm in and out of my Library fairly often saving Sims and this would have stuck out right away. I just happened to notice it finally on yesterday (haven't played much lately). This is incredibly annoying and probably something that will get ignored forever or never fixed.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:17 AM Last edited by harlequin_eyes : 16th Jan 2017 at 4:44 AM.
I also have the catalog bug and it makes me bonkers.